This version updated (2018-04-23, for the News Cycle 2018-04-17 through 2018-04-23)
Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or online at [is.gd/9TUmzG]. Hosted by Dr.G. [is.gd/lVybmA], Minister of Information of the Bay Area Movement for a People's Democracy (MPD) [is.gd/gq0BD3].
Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link]. Send news & info to [NorthbayUprising@) gmail.com], facebook [is.gd/FvFAHB].
Archived webpages at (archive.org) and at (archive.fo) are available even if the original is taken down. News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or, of foreign governments. Circumvent "Error 451" [archive.fo/WOZXx] by using the proxy server at [webproxy.to] or, by using Tor Browser [is.gd/r18EVD].
Spotlight from the Northbay Uprising Media Collective
Recommended Radical Newsletters:
A list of gatherings, workshops, and educational events in the greater Bay Area region
Stories are reviewed and provided by Bay Area MPD Committees and Affiliates
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY
Updates on campaigns for Peace, Justice, & Freedom across the greater Bay Area, Norcal, and Socal
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY:
Updates on campaigns across the Nation!
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY:
Updates on the "AntiFa"
SOLANO PEACE & FREEDOM PARTY
Use the ballot for our own People's candidates and legislation, campaign for the future!
[SolanoPFP.blogspot.com] [PeaceAndFreedom.org] [facebook.com/Peace-and-Freedom-Party-45065449911]
TOWARDS REVOLUTIONARY SOLUTIONS
LUCHA PARA LA NUEVA AZTLAN!
* Autonomous Brown Berets de Merced [facebook.com/MercedBrownBerets]
* Los Brown Berets de La Causa (of El Paso, Tejas) [facebook.com/Los-Brown-Berets-de-La-Causa-266951433476570]
SOLIDARITY WITH THE NEW AFRICAN NATION!
Black Power! Revive the Community! Defend the Nation!
National News [blackagendareport.com] [atlantablackstar.com] [sfbayview.com]
* "Protests shut down Philadelphia Starbucks over arrests of black men" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/7ljkP]
* "Starbucks to close 8,000 US stores for racial sensitivity training" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/5Utto]
* "LA Fitness Employees Fired for Banning Black Paid Member From Gym; An LA Fitness gym in Secaucus, New Jersey, recently fired three employees, one of them a manager, after Facebook videos posted by Tshyrad Oates on April 16 showed that the employees called the police because they assumed that his friend, a black member of the gym, hadn’t paid to enter – even after he proved his current active membership status" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/6Xt1W]
information collected by the Committee to Defend Public Education!
information collected by the Worker's Defense Committee [is.gd/VOkmLr]
Updates from the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU)
92 Million Strong, Worldwide! [wftucentral.org]
Updates from the UNI Global Union
Representing more than 20 million workers worldwide [uniglobalunion.org]
Updates from around the world
* "Airlines Must Compensate for Delays During Wildcat Strikes: EU Court" (2018-04-17, plenglish.com) [archive.is/4RsUQ]
* "Indefinite General Strike Halts Construction Works in Panama" (2018-04-18, plenglish.com) [archive.is/TOE9G]
HANDS OFF OUR HOMES!
information collected by the Committee to
DEFEND THOSE WITHOUT HOMES!
* "SF mayor vows to clear out homeless tent camps" (2018-04-20, sfgate.com) [archive.is/6aGS9]
* "North Bay homeless camp that grew after wildfires is cleared" (2018-04-19, sfgate.com) [archive.is/Er2sp] [begin excerpt]: A sprawling homeless camp in southern Santa Rosa that swelled to more than 150 people after the North Bay wildfires was cleared by authorities Thursday.
Many tent dwellers disappeared into nearby woodlands and fields when several dozen firefighters and police officers showed up in the early morning to clear the camp in the Roseland section of town.
Authorities were enforcing a court order that the camp be empty by the end of the day. When they arrived, most of the tent dwellers were packing or already heading out with shopping carts and backpacks, or in ramshackle cars. The sweep proceeded with an air of gloomy quiet.
Outreach counselors from the nonprofit Catholic Charities worked throughout the winter and spring to get people living in the camp into shelter or housing. By Thursday they had ushered more than 50 inside and designed tentative housing plans for 50 more. [end excerpt]
COMMUNITY FASCISM WATCH
Community Fascism in
/ itty-bitty Santa Cruz:
/ Vallejo, the "City of God":
Documenting human-rights abuse by domestic security agencies
[NorthbayCopwatch.blogspot.com] [copblock.org] [wecopwatch.org] [filmingcops.com] [mappingpoliceviolence.org], Berkeley Copwatch's "Know Your Rights" Pocket Card (.pdf) [is.gd/U20PRy] [berkeleycopwatch.org]
* " 'There's Possibility That GrayKey Ends Up in Wrong Hands' - Security Researcher; The US police have been increasingly purchasing a tool that can unblock iPhones. According to a Motherboard investigation, regional police forces have bought or are planning to buy the device dubbed GrayKey. The Secret Service is also looking to purchase at least half a dozen GrayKey boxes for unlocking iPhones" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/E8fXM]
* " ‘Military-style training’ ban: Durham becomes ‘first US city’ to halt police exchanges with Israel" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/98NPs]
* "California Cops Muted Cameras, Delayed Medics After Clark Shooting; California's Sacramento Police Department released on Monday additional audio and video files linked to the shooting death of Stephon Clark that show officers repeatedly muting their body cameras and confirm that medical attention to Clark was delayed by several minutes" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/6XYgU]
"War Against The Police"
An archive of articles documenting the facts for the narrative, "FBI Report Blames Black Lives Matter, Media for Killings of Police Officers" [archive.fo/2Xj9w]
Domestic Security Agencies and private-sector partners
[icwatch.transparencytoolkit.org]; "The Gentleperson’s Guide To Forum Spies (Spooks, Feds, etc.)" [archive.fo/rBbXu]; ES/OH techniques [archive.is/HchTA]
* "Immigrants 1, Trump 0: Supreme Court shoots down felon deportation law" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/buYdG]
* "Trump attacks California governor over bid to limit National Guard border policy" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/xsSDp]
* "Trump Blasts California Governor Over National Guard Commitment to Border; US President Donald Trump said in a statement that California Governor Jerry Brown is opposed to safety and security along his state's border with Mexico because he will not allow the National Guard to patrol that border" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/X6puE]
* "Treasury Sanctions Syria-Based Group for "Smuggling" Immigrants to US via Mexico; The United States sanctioned a Syria-based national and a criminal organization for smuggling immigrants with false documents the cost $20,000, to the United States, the Treasury said in a press release" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/qWrcX]
* "US Supreme Court Says Deportation Provision of Law is Too Vague" (2018-04-17, plenglish.com) [archive.is/lZfXV]
* "US Congress Demands Answers on ‘Hostile Actor’ Surveillance in Washington, DC; Four US Senators are urging the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to disclose additional information on “anomalous [surveillance] activity” in Washington, DC, suspected to be from Stingray devices operated by foreign actors" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/VnDgT]
* "Senators Demand Details of Foreign Surveillance of American Cell Phone Networks; The disclosure of illicit devices in the Washington, DC that can intercept cellular telephone calls has prompted a request that the Department of Homeland Security also disclose who is responsible and the types of devices being used, according to a letter to a top DHS official from four Senators on Wednesday" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/PPPFY]
* "Sandy Hook ‘hoax’ claim: Alex Jones sued by parents of massacre victims" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/eVGj7]
Metadata source materials -
Private individuals accessing the mainframe can harvest any data inscribed in basic code... "Hackers" monetize metadata for security agencies.
International Security Agencies, the Five-Eyes, and transnational partners
* "Woman Who Breached CIA Headquarters Security With Loaded Gun Heads to Court; A woman was arrested Friday after she breached the grounds of the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, with a loaded 9mm pistol. Neither the woman nor any CIA officers were injured" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/dfWoJ]
* " ‘Groundbreaking’: UK Cops Convict Drug Dealer by Taking Fingerprints from Image; British police were able to identify and arrest the leader of a drug distribution ring after seizing a cell phone that had a photo of the suspect’s hand. In a first for UK police, officers were able to enhance the fingerprints visible in the image of the hand to determine a match with the suspect" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ofTDq]
* "Facebook’s facial recognition tool faces class action suit over mishandling biometric data" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/IrURO]
* "Facebook facing class action suit over facial recognition; A US federal judge has ruled that Facebook will have to face a class action suit over allegations of violating users’ privacy" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/pUUJh]
* "Facebook Must Face Court for Facial Recognition – US Judge; Facebook is facing escalating legal and government pressure around the world has legal questions over its conduct going back almost a decade are now catching up with the company" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/8r4J9]
* "Facebook says it tracks non-users but doesn't ‘sell people's data’ " (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/eTUQ1]
* " 'There Were Chinese Walls': Ex-Cambridge Analytica Employee Testifies; She described the SCL group’s compartmentalized operations, worldwide penetration of political markets and how she had been approached by intelligence agents" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/YsFvc]
* "Cambridge Analytica’s Alexander Nix ducks fake news inquiry… so will Parliament summon him?" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/r24A9]
* "Facebook to comply with future EU rules; Facebook announced Wednesday it would begin rolling out changes to how it handles private data this week to comply with forthcoming EU rules, with European residents seeing the measures first" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/sahaE]
* "Facebook, Twitter may be forced to register as ‘foreign influence agents’ under new Aussie law" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/IqVHT]
* "Indonesian parliament demands Facebook hand over audit on data leak" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/j41F4]
* "Russia threatens to block Facebook" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/TPKc3]
* "Tech Firms Pledge Not to Help Governments Wage Cyber Attacks – Microsoft; A group of 34 digital companies has signed an agreement to increase cybersecurity and refrain from helping any government in the world wage cyber attacks against innocent people and entities, Microsoft President Brad Smith said in a statement" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/tvjHQ]
* "EU Faces Backlash on Twitter as Brussels Seeks to Mandate Fingerprints for IDs; Brussels continues to pursue centralization of its border and security regimes, causing disquiet among many online" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/gNmPH]
* "Proposed EU Measures to Protect Germany From Terrorists Are Inadequate – AfD; With millions of immigrants entering the European Union (EU) in recent years, concerns have been raised over the limited vetting they received for terrorist or criminal activity before they entered the bloc" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/wGt8g]
* "Munich Central shut down for hyper-realistic terror training drills; Special police units and emergency service personnel participated in a series of training drills for potential terror attacks in Munich's Central Station during the early hours of Wednesday" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/ls6ev]: Special police units and emergency service personnel participated in a series of training drills for potential terror attacks in Munich's Central Station during the early hours of Wednesday.
* "France developing encrypted messaging service to prevent data breach" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/FDlZN]
* " ‘Julian Assange could die in Ecuadorian embassy’ – Pamela Anderson" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/cqUTQ]
* "Norway, Switzerland Newest Europol Cybercrime Unit Fighters; Europol's team battling cybercrime has welcomed two new members. Norway and Switzerland were announced as the newest countries joining the agency's action taskforce, now under the leadership of the Netherlands" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/W1oSr]
* "Military Grade Weapons Increasingly Available to Terrorists in Europe – Report; The rise of the Daesh* terrorist organization and the influx of migrants from countries where the group operates into Europe are believed to the driving factors of the increase in the number of attempted and successful terrorist attacks being carried out on European soil in recent years" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Ub8UI]
* "Austria Approves Bill Requiring Migrants to Pay Fees, Hand in Phones Upon Entry; The Austrian government has approved a new set of measures to tighten control on migrants arriving in the country, requiring them to pay several hundred euros for basic care, and hand over their phones so that authorities could verify the applicants' identities and how they got to the country" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/EZqCi]
Security updates in other parts of the world...
* "Telegram CEO to Spend Millions of Dollars in Fight for 'Digital Freedom' " (2018-04-18, Rossiya Segodnya newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/Rir4l]
* "Russian watchdog goes nuclear in attempts to enforce Telegram ban" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/9SCxn]
* "Russian Communications Watchdog Reportedly Hit by DDoS Attack After Telegram Ban; Russian Communications Watchdog said Tuesday that its website had been hit by DDoS attacks amid ban of Telegram application" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/LAtmk]
* "Iran's top leader stops using popular Telegram messaging app" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/dMJKd]
* "Iran's Supreme Leader Stops Using Telegram, Officials to Use Domestic Messengers; Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has stopped using Telegram messenger and domestic alternatives to the foreign-based app will be used instead" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/xDXGX]
* "Iran’s Leader, senior officials stop using Telegram messaging application; Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has stopped using the Telegram messaging application in a show of support for domestic versions and in line with the country’s national interests" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/LHSMz]
* "France pull top officials from Whatsapp & Telegram for new secret app – report" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/otSG5]
* "Telecom Expert Explains What Future Holds for Recently Banned Telegram Messenger; Yannick Harrel, an expert in cyberstrategy, gave his take on the situation around the Telegram messenger ban as well as on online correspondence security in general" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Ybml5]
from the Committee to
FREE 'EM ALL!
[PoliticalPrisonersUSA.blogspot.com] End the Drug War! Stop Jim Crow! Close the Torture Chambers!
[solitarywatch.com] [facebook.com/incarceratedworkers] [supportprisonerresistance.noblogs.org] [denverabc.wordpress.com] [prisonlegalnews.org] [prisonbooks.info] [nycabc.wordpress.com] [powmedicaljustice.com] [sacprisonersupport.wordpress.com]. Become a Human Rights Pen Pal! [link].
* " ‘Brutality’: Deadly Fight in South Carolina Prison Highlights US Prison Failings; Seven people have died and at least 17 have been injured in an uprising at a South Carolina prison with a history of complaints. Radio Sputnik’s Loud & Clear spoke with Paul Wright, editor of Prison Legal News, to talk about the deadly event" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Nr1aN]
Across the world...
* "Foreign detainees continue hunger strike at Japanese immigration center" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/5eUV3]
LIBERATION FOR ALL!
THE HUMAN RIGHT TO EXISTENCE MUST BE PROTECTED!
With updates on the broader LGBT*QI+ gender revolution
END PATRIARCHY! COMBAT MISOGYNY! [rejectedprincesses.com]
THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY IS FOR LIFE, NOT FOR PROFIT!
Health Administration Responsibility Project [harp.org]. Get your medical records [archive.fo/FdGcJ]. Transparency against physician malpractice [archive.fo/Q9VFr] [archive.fo/PEijF] [archive.fo/2sXwl] [archive.fo/hmWKp] [archive.fo/4NPdK] [archive.is/551Us]!
* " 'Suicide Pod' That Helps Its Users Die Displayed in Amsterdam; The controversial invention was designed by Dutch activists advocating for the legalization of euthanasia and has stirred vivid debate among social media users" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/05UI6]
* "Suicide machine triggers outrage" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/iXLlN]
International Medical News
* "Irpacuba 2018 Analyzes Regulatory Infrastructure in the Countries" (2018-04-17, plenglish.com) [archive.is/ncafl] [begin excerpt]: he development of a regulatory structure in the countries focuses the analysis today at the XI Regional Congress of Radiological and Nuclear Safety, Irpacuba 2018, opened here with delegates from 21 nations.
The subject will deepen before representatives of Europe and Latin America and the Caribbean in the role of technical cooperation to face the challenges of the introduction of new technologies, as well as in the review of compliance with international requirements.
The oral technical session of the agenda includes on Tuesday at the Havana Convention Center exhibitions on occupational radiological protection, biological effects of ionizing radiation, as well as nuclear emergencies, among other dissertations. [...]
Cárdenas expressed the hope that the conference will turn into fruitful debates that contribute to raising the levels of safety during the use of sources of ionizing radiation, for the benefit of our countries. [end excerpt]
* "Experts From Several Countries in Orthopedic Event in Cuba" (2018-04-18, plenglish.com) [archive.is/4SuSq]
* "Scientists develop AI-based deep learning drug interaction, prediction system" (2018-04-17, Yonhap newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/FL3H0]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
Campaigns, info, and more [SanPabloBayEPA.blogspot.com]. Science [discardstudies.com]. [blog.savesfbay.org] [ecowatch.com]; [citizenairmonitoringnetwork.org/vallejo]
* "California home to majority of 10 most polluted U.S. cities: report" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/UbWJX]
* "Toxic soil went from SF’s Hunters Point to state landfills, ex-workers say" (2018-04-22, sfgate.com) [archive.is/Sk78S]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
Health and the Human Ecology
Monopolists enforce a regime that does not recognize the natural right to health and life. Info [detoxproject.org].
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
Anthropogenic Climatic Change!
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
International Ecological Protection News
* "The transformation of north China's 'garbage village' " (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/CINCM] [begin excerpt]: Aware of the damage caused by recycling and pig-raising, the local government has cleaned up the village.
In 2015, Qingguang Township, which administers the village, cleared more than 140 hectares of land, and disposed of more than 1,600 recycling stations. Trees were planted.
Last year, police intercepted garbage trucks and the land once rented out to migrant workers was transferred to the government for planting.
These days, Wang Liqing often takes his grandchild for a stroll down the trail near fields once buried under rubbish.
"The government pays us money for using our land, and has promised profits when tourism gains steam here," Wang said. "But most importantly, the air is great now, and we can open our doors in summer." [end excerpt]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
Save The Birds! and the Bees!
Campaign to preserve and expand the habitat and populations of pollinators in the San Pablo Bay Area.
articles recommended by the
NO NUKES! campaign
[StopNuclearDeath.blogspot.com] [nuclear-news.net] [nukeresister.org] [nukefree.org]; National Radiation Map [radiationnetwork.com], depicting environmental radiation levels across the USA, updated in real time every minute.
* "U.S. Supreme Court Declines to Hear Beyond Nuclear v. NRC Appeal on Fermi 3; Despite setback, environmental coalition vows ongoing resistance against proposed new reactor" (2018-04-17, beyondnuclear.org) [archive.is/ie4BD]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY SOVEREIGNTY Think-tank
NORTHBAY ENTHEOGENIC FREEDOM
* "Vallejo continues to regulate city’s weed industry" (2018-04-21, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/wsEPy]
articles recommended by the Committee for
Protect Earth's Sentient Life!
Preserve the Biosphere & Web of Life!
* " ‘Recycling Solution:’ Researchers Accidentally Produce Plastic-Eating Enzyme; Researchers have accidentally engineered a plastic-eating enzyme that could potentially be used to solve one of the world’s biggest environmental problems - plastic pollution. More than 8 million tons of plastic are tossed into the world’s oceans every year, according to non-profit organization Plastic Oceans Foundation" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/fcMCu]
* "Accidental eco warriors: Scientists boost plastic-eating enzymes by mistake" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/oiQ7b]
* "Scientists Accidentally Engineer Plastic-Eating Enzyme; They hope to 'use this enzyme to turn this plastic back into its original components, so we can literally recycle it back to plastic' " (2018-04-17, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/6tZH4]
* "Monterey Bay Aquarium’s program to save sea otters revives their habitat" (2018-04-21, sfchronicle.com) [archive.is/wka1V] [begin excerpt]: The fast-growing population of otters, he found, has revitalized the eelgrass beds in the once-degraded waterway, which meanders from the headwaters in San Benito County through Moss Landing and flows out into Monterey Bay.
The otters eat the crabs that feed on the sea slugs that consume the algae that kill the eelgrass.
With fewer crabs, he said, the sea slugs proliferated and devoured algae, allowing the eelgrass to flourish. That, in turn, has reduced mud and erosion in the tidal creeks and channels, revived fish and invertebrate populations and increased nutrients in the estuary. [end excerpt]
* "Northern California's sea otters are springing back. Here's where to see them" (2018-03-30, sfgate.com) [archive.is/FbYoK]
* "China, Laos ink MoU on medicinal plants research cooperation" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/Xrcva]
* "China's terrestrial ecosystems play key role in carbon sink: research" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/T7Y2r]
* "Mongolia to receive technical assistance from China to save world's rarest bear" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/1JLWY]
* "Australian groups launch campaign to have coastline bight heritage listed" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/yjOYu] [begin excerpt]:
The Australian Greens launched a bid on Wednesday to protect a stretch of coast from oil exploration by having it put on the United Nations' World Heritage list.
A coalition of groups opposed to oil exploration on Wednesday launched a global campaign to have the Great Australian Bight included on the register.
The Great Australian Bight is a large oceanic bight on the coastline of South Australia.
Its length is defined by the Australian Hydrographic Service as 1,160 km.
Sarah Hanson-Young, a Greens senator, said experts were confident that the ocean area would meet the strict criteria required to be declared a site of global significance by the United Nations.
She said the bight had a larger range of marine life than the already-listed Great Barrier Reef with 85 percent of its species not found anywhere else. [end excerpt]
Save the Whales!
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the process of fascism and for whom it benefits. [UnitedStatesFascism.blogspot.com] [exposefacts.org] [ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/index.html]; "Captured States" [is.gd/EqXBEQ]
* "In New Book, Former BlackRock Exec Reveals How GOP Tax Scam Robs Middle Class and Rewards Wealthy; This Tax Day, author and reformed financier Morris Pearl sets the record straight on current tax policy and the GOP’s new tax law" (2018-04-17, patrioticmillionaires.org) [archive.is/sYpMV]
* "More Wells Fargo refunds coming after $1 billion fine" (2018-04-20, nerdwallet.com, via sfgate.com) [archive.is/Ml7FY]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
President Donald Trump's regime:
* "Americans’ Health Care And Public Services At Risk From Trump Tax & Budget Cuts, New Report Warns; Trump/GOP Tax breaks for wealthy, Rx and insurance companies, and Trump budget show grim future of drastic health care and other service cuts for working families" (2018-04-17, americansfortaxfairness.org) [archive.is/YRIgr]
* "Former FBI chief compares Trump's leadership style to that of mob boss in memoir" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/XvWvR]
* " ‘A Lot of Amnesia’: Liberal Cheerleaders Forget New Hero James Comey’s Past; Former FBI Director James Comey, once reviled by Hillary Clinton supporters, is solidifying his new incarnation as “hero of liberals” with his new book bashing the Trump administration" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/GTj2h]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
Against Socialism, for War and Profit. What is Neoliberalism? [archive.is/iUyM].
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
"Libertarian" Capitalists & "Constitutionalist" constraints against democracy
[alibertarianfuture.com] [fff.org] [mises.org]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
"Dominionist" Capitalism & the "Prosperity Gospel" ideology
Persecution Belief [archive.fo/raPTj]; Ideology [archive.is/rClcp]; Rejection of Christ's teachings [archive.is/VbO5F]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
The Military State
[archive.defense.gov/contracts]; [airforce.com] "Air, Space, Cyberspace"
* "Another Tax Day, Another Win for the Arms Industry" (2018-04-17, peaceaction.org) [archive.is/VJJem]
* "Trump administration to unveil new sales policy to make it easier for allies to buy arms – report" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/dAie4]
* "US Navy Accused of Stealing Software Licenses, Ship Plans From Vendors; A pair of legal battles has entangled the United States Navy with allegations of intellectual property theft" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/xcDRG]
* "Spy Doctor: Pentagon Sinks Millions into Health-Monitoring Smartphone App; The Pentagon’s secret weapons development department, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), is bankrolling contracts for development of its “Warfighter Analytics using Smartphones for Health” (WASH) program, which keeps tabs on active soldiers’ well-being" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/6wErD]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
Two Party Dictatorship
* "November Midterms: Meet the Former CIA Agents Running for Congress as Democrats; In the November 2018 midterm elections, a vast number of former intelligence and military operatives are running for Democratic party nominations across the US. If even just a few are successful in their bids, military-intelligence personnel will comprise the country's legislature like never before. Here are some of the most prominent" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/J98pQ]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
State Media Watch
Documenting propaganda issued by the monopolist media and members of the state security regime that uphold the economic dictatorship, imperialist wars, and the "New Jim Crow" regime [mediamatters.org] [onlinecensorship.org]
* "As WaPo & NYT win Pulitzers for ‘Russiagate’ coverage, Mueller warns of fake news" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/WBX9x]
* "Western Information Flow Subdues Global Mass Media – Russian Foreign Ministry; The flow of information from the Western countries have swamped the world’s mediascape over the last 10 years, reducing the independence of national news outlets, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/y2LKU]
* "Trend Of Disseminating Unverified News About Government Worrying" (2018-04-17, Bernama newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/UF2V4] [begin excerpt]: The trend of blaming and spreading unverified news about the government on social media has been seen as a worrying trend ahead of the 14th General Election (GE14) on May 9.
National Professor Council chief executive officer Prof Dr Raduan Che Rose said there were many assumptions and allegations being spread as if the country was on the verge of destruction. [end excerpt]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
Artificial Poverty and Starvation
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Nations exist alongside the Federal [archive.fo/VXoPR], and State governance [archive.fo/Cz2uF]. Demographic maps: 2000 [archive.fo/nXHXz], 2010 [archive.fo/nKbSA], religion [archive.fo/XArBS]. The New Afrikan nation, and the nation of Nueva Aztlan, each have their own separate sections on this news page.
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Sovereign nations of the "Indian Country", and of traditional lodges.
Map [archive.fo/s4FYb]; News [indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com] [bsnorrell.blogspot.com]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Kingdom of Hawai‘i / Occupied State of the Hawaiian Islands
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (USA territory) and the Boriqueno nation
* "Puerto Rico hit by island-wide power blackout; A power line failure in southern Puerto Rico cut electricity to almost all 3.4 million residents on Wednesday, the latest in a string of operational and political headaches for the US territory’s bankrupt, storm-ravaged power utility" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/Rc4rA]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
American Nation, including the State Sovereignty campaigns, and Dominionist Campaigns. [tenthamendmentcenter.com]
* " ‘Politically correct nonsense’: Alabama governor defends Confederate monuments" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/oECcM]
"Alt-Right" & White American Supremacists
"A Normie’s Guide to the Alt-Right" (2016-08-31, by Andrew Anglin) [archive.is/DyeDG]; News [angrywhitemen.org]
* "Charlottesville neo-Nazi organizer unmasked as US marine" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/PV3Lx]
* "Syracuse fraternity permanently expelled over racist video" (2018-04-22, AP newswire) [archive.is/Yim8G]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the global economic dictatorship
WORLD FASCISM WATCH:
A study of the personal ideologies and social practices of those who benefit from the global capitalist regime, including illicit trafficking networks and cooperative ventures with government entities. [WorldFascists.blogspot.com]
* "Over 100 Years in Jail for Drug Gang Who Trafficked Cocaine Through Heathrow; A criminal gang who smuggled US$22 million worth of drugs through Britain's busiest airport have been sentenced to a total of 139 years in prison" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/qbjVW]
* " ‘It happened hundreds of times’: Olympic gold medal gymnast Maroney on Nassar sex abuse" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/9KCYI]
* "This venture capitalist throws the most exclusive and outrageous parties in Silicon Valley — take a look inside" (2018-04-22, sfgate.com) [archive.is/ihbCA], photo caption: Donors stop to have their picture taken next to an elephant at an"politically incorrect" black tie Valentine's ball at the home of Atherton literary agent Jillian Manus Salzman. The event is a $1,000 a person fundraiser for the Stanford Cancer Center.
* "Vallejo teacher faces five charges including child pornography" (2018-04-20, sfgate.com) [archive.is/KH0wz]
* "Vallejo teacher arrested in child sex case had contacted fifth-grader months before" (2018-04-20, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/NrX40] [begin excerpt]: A Vallejo elementary school teacher arrested for alleged illicit contact with an undercover cop posing as a young teen also violated his school’s policy last August when he contacted a fifth-grader through social media, records show.
Andrew Lund, 36, allegedly contacted the young student through a private message on social media, asked if she missed him, and told her to stay behind in his classroom during recess periods. The move violated a school district policy barring teachers from contacting students through social media.
Lund’s punishment? He was given a written notice telling him the incident would not be placed in his personnel file, so long as he did not violate the policy again. The incident was not reported to authorities. [end excerpt]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH:
Vanguards of European racial supremacy
Golden Dawn International [golden-dawn-international-newsroom.blogspot.com], European Knights Project [europeanknightsproject.com/category/ekp-news], English Asatru News [englishnews.org/news-central.html], Council of European Canadians [eurocanadian.ca], Albion's People [albionofengland.blogspot.com]. [saxonmessenger.christogenea.org]
* "Germany Carries Out Searches in Several Cities Over Right-Wing Terrorism; German authorities on Tuesday carried out searches in several cities in connection with suspected preparations to commit right-wing terrorist crimes, the Office of the German Public Prosecutor General said in statement" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/MT5Yh]
* "German theater investigated over free ‘Mein Kampf’ tickets for swastika wearers" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/vGhGn]
* "Swedish Students Reported to Police over 'Fact-Based' Anti-Migrant Leaflets; Despite having source references, fact-based leaflets portraying Sweden's immigration policy in a negative light, students have been reported to the security police as 'racist' " (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/cFUbg]
* "Discovery of Nazi graffiti in Italian parliament sparks outrage" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/LkcQM]
information collected by the exploratory committee towards a
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL
[SolanoPeaceJustice.blogspot.com], for justice, dignity and human rights in accordance with the 1966 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (.pdf) [is.gd/TftqGs], and an end to the USA's endless wars, in harmony with Principle 1 & 6 of International Law [archive.fo/tmncz], the 5 protocols of the Convention on Conventional Weapons (CCW) [archive.fo/LhUTj], and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights [archive.fo/U1Ota].
Peace News [peaceblog.wordpress.com], Costs of War (Brown University) [watson.brown.edu/costsofwar].
* "Amnesty International Opposes New Open-ended War Authority for President Trump" (2018-04-17, aiusa.org) [archive.is/mycr2]
* "Neutral and unbiased? Why ‘think tanks’ lobby for war in Syria" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/5eZ9w]
* "Meet the MPs who back ‘humanitarian’ bombing in Syria, but who have been silent on abuses elsewhere" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/pHhdt]
* "Professor on Western Missile Attack on Syria: 'US Trying to Alter Int'l Law' ; Nikki Haley, US ambassador to the United Nations, said that the US will remain in Syria until its goals there are accomplished. Radio Sputnik discussed US plans in Syria with Saikrishna Bangalore Prakash, professor of law, senior fellow at the University of Virginia" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/IpiVU]
* " ‘Completely Bogus’: Syria Strike Indefensible Under US, International Law; US missiles raining down on Syria last Friday night were fired in violation of not only international legal precedents, but also in flagrant disregard for the United States’ own constitution, a Harvard-trained lawyer and renowned professor of international law told Radio Sputnik Monday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/d70AQ]
* "U.S.-led airstrikes on Syria draw wide criticism, protests" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/eqvKC]
* " 'Anti-War, America 1st Momentum' on Both Right and Left – Scholar on Protests; The US will remain in Syria until its goals there are accomplished according to Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the UN. She has said that ensuring that chemical weapons are not used in any way that poses a risk to US interests is among the three goals Washington is pursuing in Syria. The defeat of Daesh and monitoring Iran are the other two aims" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/8Ws0t]
* "Senators unveil resolution limiting presidential war powers following Trump's Syria strikes" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/b0cgP]
* " ‘Won’t pass, won’t work, likely to make things worse’: Ron Paul on new presidential war powers bill" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/Teh4l] [begin excerpt]: Dr Ron Paul, a libertarian politician and advocate of ending America’s interventionist foreign policies, told RT that the resolution is not a solution to the actual problem, which is that US lawmakers have abdicated their constitutional right to control America’s war making.
“[The US lawmakers] have been very negligent for a long time. Ever since World War II, we’ve gone to war so many times and we’ve never done it properly. But I don’t think the resolution they have proposed is an answer to it, because it more or less is defining things slightly differently, but it would not slow up the effort to go to war.
“It does say that the president would have an authority to go to war against radical violent groups like Al-Qaeda and ISIS and maybe Taliban, but not a country. But I think it is very difficult to tell [things apart]. In countries where the Taliban is – can you always separate it from the government? What if somebody came up and said: ‘[Syrian President Bashar] Assad is a radical?’ This open-ended stuff is why we are in such a mess,” he stated. [end excerpt]
* "Total of 37% of Britons Oppose UK Joining Attack on Syria, 35% Back Op - Poll; A total of 37 percent of the UK public opposes the country's participation in the recent Western attack targeting Syria, while 35 percent support the involvement in the operation, a recent survey showed Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/KuCXi]
* "Hundreds of Londoners protest against Britain's airstrikes on Syria" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/gQFRj]
* "Londoners Slam UK Gov't as May Faces Backlash Over Missile Attack; Hundreds of people gathered Monday evening outside the UK parliament building in London as debates were in progress inside to protest the United Kingdom's role in the strikes on Syria" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/TC2nw]
* " 'Huge mistake’: Hundreds protest outside Downing Street over British intervention in Syria" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/UFUeX]
* "MPs to consider Corbyn’s War Powers Act in crunch emergency debate on military action" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/oLPsg]
* "May rejects Corbyn's 'War Powers Act' demand in emergency debate on Syria strikes" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/xZxhM]
* "Corbyn blasts May’s decision on joining Syria strikes; The leader of Britain’s Labour Party has once again criticized Prime Minister Theresa May for joining the United States and France in strikes against Syria without any parliamentary approval" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/Ac22A]
* "UK opposition leader calls for war power act after Syria bombing" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/5whyO]
* "UK PM’s husband’s Capital Group is largest shareholder in BAE, shares soar since Syrian airstrikes" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/nJWKK]
* "UK military embarrassed by lack of firepower in Syria attack; Britain’s lack of firepower in the recent US-led attack against Syria was “depressing” as it forced British military forces to play second fiddle to their French peers, military experts say" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/6IuKw]
* "MEPs protest Syria strikes during Macron’s call for EU unity" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/aVhx4], photo caption: Members of the European Parliament display placards "Stop the War in Syria" France, April 17, 2018.
* "US Senate moves to limit President Trump’s war powers; A group of US senators have put forth a new Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF) bill that would limit President Donald Trump’s authority to attack other countries, days after he ordered a missile attack on Syria" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/dSD1K]
* "US Embassy Warns Americans in Italy of Protests Against Syria Strikes; Citizens of the United States in Italy should remain on alert in the coming days due to a series of planned protests against recent US-led military strikes on Syria, the embassy in Italy said in a series of travel alerts" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/70DhB]
* "Anti-war protesters march to US embassy in Athens; Thousands of Greeks turned up at a rally and march in central Athens on Tuesday to protest the recent US-led airstrikes against Syria" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/96Kh9], photo caption: Greek Communist Party supporters take part in a demonstration against recent air strikes on Syria by the United States, Britain and France, on April 17, 2018, in Athens.
* "Iraqis Burn US Flag at Protest Against Attack on Syria; Iraqis took to the streets in the country’s capital of Baghdad and several other major cities on Sunday to protest against US-led airstrikes on Syria" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/XSDhJ]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL:
Justice for Refugees!
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL's
NEW COLD WAR NEWS
* "West still stands for something exceptional" (2018-04-22, by Hugh Hewitt, Washington Post, via dailyrepublic.com) [archive.is/TvVpl] [beign excerpt]: The West will not allow use of weapons of mass destruction to go unpunished. That was the lesson a year ago, the same lesson of 2003 and 2001, a lesson that was not absorbed last year and thus was repeated with twice the ferocity. We mean it. Really. Anywhere and always, at least as long as the West stays true to its principles. [end excerpt]
* "Trump to regret allowing neocons taking over US foreign policy: Ron Paul; Former US Congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul says President Donald Trump will regret the day he allowed American neoconservatives to take over his foreign policy" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/HGCtS]
* "White House Urges Congress to Confirm Pompeo as DoS Head Before Trump-Kim Talks; Congress must realize that swiftly confirming CIA Director Mike Pompeo to become the next Secretary of State is critical to US national security interests, White House spokesperson Sarah Sanders said in a Twitter post on Wednesday" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/T9i4e]
* "Mnuchin: Trump Tweet about Russia, China Currency Devaluation Was 'Warning Shot' ; The Twitter message sent by US President Donald Trump warning Russia and China not to devalue their currency was simply a warning shot to the two countries, US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/BLjn6]
* "Japan's Abe departs for U.S. to hold 2-day summit with Trump" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/wzTq0]
* "Iran completes first oil-for-goods supply to Russia; Russia’s Energy Minister Alexander Novak says the first Iranian oil supply to Russia under the oil-for-assets program has been completed and the two sides could extend the deal for five years when it runs out at the end of the year" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/Q5q6L]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: People's Republic of China & the SCO
* "US finally confronts China’s economic aggression" (2018-04-21, by Josh Rogin, The Washington Post, via dailyrepublic.com) [archive.is/GHgcF]
* "Why U.S. excuses for punishing China with tariffs untenable" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/q3WwE]
* "China says resolved to safeguard multilateral, free trading regime" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/MzI36] [begin excerpt]: If the United States continues to jeopardize multilateralism and free trade, China is prepared and will take measures to protect them, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Tuesday. [end excerpt]
* "How China is Forming a United Front to Counter Trump's Protectionism; Beijing is taking steps to protect the principles of free trade amid the Trump administration's push for protectionist measures, analysts told Sputnik, referring to China's efforts to boost relations with Japan, the EU and Latin American states concerned with Washington's trade policies" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/HdzZa]
* "Sino-US trade friction's impact on Chinese economy limited, controllable: official" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/H0u85]
* "Chinese Economy to Stay Unaffected by Trade Disputes With US - Statistics Bureau; The trade conflict between Beijing and Washington will not affect the Chinese economy and its development prospects, the director general of the Comprehensive Statistics Department of the Chinese National Bureau of Statistics, Xing Zhihong, said Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/eifRz]
* "Sino-US trade frictions cannot hinder Chinese economy: official" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/6k6SW]
* "China's economy displays resilience amid trade tensions" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/FBAwH], chart caption: Graphics shows the Chinese economy saw a solid start to the year with a 6.8-percent growth in the first quarter, official data showed on April 17, 2018.
* "U.S. farmers, ranchers bracing for tough times amid U.S., China trade dispute" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/iKoan]
* "China announces anti-dumping measures on U.S. sorghum" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/DrZi]
* "China Applies Antidumping Measures on U.S. Sorghum" (2018-04-17, plenglish.com) [archive.is/OaSJK]
* "China crushes American sorghum crop imports with 179% tariff" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/k4V3K]
* "California almond growers fear losing exports to China amid trade tensions" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/lzD76]
* "US May Seek to Rejoin TPP to Survive Trade War With China - Expert; In a meeting last week with Republican lawmakers, US President Donald Trump told National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow to look into options for rejoining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Kj18I]
* "China seeking European support to build firewall against Trump’s trade aggression – report" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/vTd6t]
* "China urges US to treat Chinese companies lawfully, fairly" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/ZH6u3]
* "Trade War: US Plans to Hit Back at China's Crackdown on US Tech Firms; US authorities are considering increasing pressure on China in the trade war as retaliatory action in response to China's limitations on US tech companies" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/dyFs5]
* "US boycotts China telecom giant ZTE over Iran case; The US government has banned American companies from selling components to China’s ZTE despite reaching a $1.2 billion settlement with the telecom giant in 2017 over trade with Iran" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/twzb9]
* "U.S. decision on ZTE stokes up trade tensions with China" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/BXveQ]
* "UK Cyber Security Centre Warns Companies Against Using China's ZTE Equipment; The UK’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) warned Monday the UK telecommunications sector against using Chinese state-owned Zhongxing Telecommunications Equipment (ZTE) company’s equipment and services, citing security risks" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/NKKe9]
* "China increases U.S. treasuries holdings in February" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/DJlCw]
* "Opposing 'Taiwan independence' crucial to cross-Strait ties: official" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/TzC4B]
* "China Jammed US Navy Jet’s Equipment as It Patrolled South China Sea; When the USS Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier cruised through the South China Sea last week, one US Navy pilot encountered Chinese jamming technology interfering with his plane’s equipment, according to a report" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/eEhhy]
* "China, Japan to hold talks on maritime affairs" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/9SxjU]
* "Germany's Intelligence Alarmed at Takeovers by Chinese Firms; China's activity on the German market is higher than ever and the head of the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution, Hans-Georg Maaßen, expressed serious concerns about this trend. Sputnik discussed the issue with Chinese financial analyst Liu Ying" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/StE2i]
* "Chinese, American doctors offer free surgeries to poor children" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/NnbWD]
* "Interview: Oxford University vice chancellor hails China links, int'l higher education cooperation" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/Tz156]
* "Modi’s New India Dream May Fall Victim to US-China Tariff War - Study; A study conducted by Hugo Erken, Raphie Hayat and Marijn Heijmerikx of Rabobank International indicates that US trade and monetary policy will also have a substantial effect on the Indian economy and could hurt India’s dream plan to boost infrastructure spending" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/biv2y]
* "Indian Navy Tracks Chinese Warships in IOR, Wittily Wishes 'Happy Hunting' ; Ten months ago, the Indian Navy re-oriented its fleet pattern to that of a mission-based deployment. The step was taken in view of the increased presence of Chinese naval ships and submarines in the Indian Ocean Region" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/9JVS0]
* "US Navy: China Exploiting Academia, US Contractors to Steal Technology; As the Chinese armed forces continue modernizing at an unprecedented clip, a top US military official has accused Beijing of stealing US technology “in just about every domain” by taking advantage of defense contractors’ vulnerabilities and embedding assets in academia" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/6d2kz]
* "China refutes U.S. research report on Belt and Road Initiative" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/9vnmU]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Federation of Russia & the Eurasian Union
* "US Policy on Russia More Hawkish, Realistic Under Trump – House Speaker Ryan; The United States' policy on Russia is “far more hawkish and realistic” under President Donald Trump than it was under his predecessor President Barack Obama, US House Speaker Paul Ryan said" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/dmEJg]
* "US 'Solidifying' Hard-Line Stance on Russia Amid Bolton's Appointment - Prof. ; Recently, Washington announced its intentions to introduce a new round of anti-Russia sanctions in response to the alleged chemical weapons attack in the Syrian town of Douma. However, the White House spokesperson said that no decision had been made. According to several sources, Trump has ordered to postpone the introduction of new sanctions" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/F0Uij]
* "US, Allies Stage Skripal Case, Syrian Chemical Attack, Russia Sanctions - Moscow; A series of recent, high profile incidents including the Skripal case, and the alleged Syrian chemical attack have resulted in the deterioration of ties between the West and Russia" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/cna6U]
* "Haley hits back at White House over new Russia sanctions; US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley has hit back at the White House, rejecting a top adviser’s claim that she was confused by saying President Donald Trump would impose new sanctions on Russia" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/3JQ2I]
* "Moscow Considers New US Sanctions Illegal International Economic Takeover; US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley has told CBS that Washington was preparing new sanctions on Russia over Moscow's support of the Syrian government, adding that the measures would be announced on Monday, April 16" (2018-04-17, Rossiya Segodnya newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/YxXUu]
* "Russian PM vows to protect economy from impact of Western sanctions" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/OkXzx]
* "Moscow Taking Measures to Prepare Economy for Harshest US Sanctions - Reports; The Russian leadership has not ruled out the possibility that Washington may take a hard line on new anti-Russia sanctions to inflict the maximum amount of harm on the country’s economy and is considering safeguard measures to be prepared for the worst-case scenario, a Russian news outlet reported, citing government sources" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/4wCPx]
* "Pushback: Russia Has Answers to Possible SWIFT Cutoff, Debt Sale Ban by US; Russia has all it possibly needs to survive any sanctions the US might want to slap on it for failing to toe Washington’s line" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/OGGVj]
* "Russia won’t be cut off from international bank transfer services" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/Pb7Pc]
* "Another Round of Sanctions ‘May Have a Healthy Effect on the Russian Economy' ; The White House walked back US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley's suggestion on Monday that another round of US sanctions against Russia was around the corner" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/rZkOd]
* "Russia warns of ‘painful’ retaliation in face of US sanctions; The speaker of the Russian upper house of parliament has warned of 'serious consequences' of the US sanctions imposed on Russia, saying Moscow’s response will be 'precise and painful' " (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/72YS7]
* "Russia going kitty crazy amid falling ruble" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/tNT45]
* "Russian stock markets, ruble recover after Trump rejects further sanctions" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/sWtu2]
* "Trump's Decision to Hold Off on New Russia Sanctions Concerning - Senator; President Donald Trump's decision to delay new anti-Russia sanctions that were already announced by US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley raises serious concerns, Senator Angus King said in an interview on Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/6BWQV]
* "Russia dumps US debt, reducing holdings to lowest level in a year" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/6gSQ2]
* "Russia Sells Off Billions in US Debt Amid Skyrocketing Tensions; With the prospect of new US sanctions still looming on the horizon, Russia continues to cut its reserves of US government bonds" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/kd4V8]
* "Russian aluminum major losing Japanese market after being sanctioned by US" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/naf48]
* "Russia extends overflight privileges of US carriers ahead of deadline" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/QUHA4] [begin excerpt]: Moscow has extended overflight privileges of US carriers flying over Russia, hours before they were due to expire, the US State Department said, noting that it continues working with Moscow to secure “benefits” for US companies.
The US State Department announced that it has been relentlessly working with Moscow to extend an agreement which allows American passenger and cargo planes to fly in Russian airspace, drastically saving time and fuel on long-distance flights. [end excerpt]
* "Russian Banks Able to Absorb Credit Losses From Latest US Sanctions - Fitch; Russian banks seem to be able to absorb possible credit losses from the sanctions that the United States imposed against Russian entities and individuals earlier in April, Fitch Ratings said in a press release" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/NCBZn]
* "UN Security Council Meets Over Skripal Case; The high-profile Skripal case remains to dominate the global agenda after the UK led a number of Western states to expel Russian diplomats without providing any evidence of Moscow's alleged involvement in the poisoning of the former spy and his daughter in early March" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/YHC2N]
* "G7 Foreign Ministers Back UK in Blaming Russia for Skripal Attack; Foreign Ministers of the Group of Seven (G7) advanced industrial nations have backed the United Kingdom’s charges that Russia was responsible for the poisoning of a former Russian spy and his daughter with a nerve agent, according to a joint statement adopted at a meeting in Canada" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/xN50o]
* "G7 Showed Solidarity on Skripal Case Due to Failure of Probe – Russian Lawmaker; The call of the foreign ministers of the G7 group on Russia to provide answers related to the so-called Skripal case is a demonstration of "solidarity" as the investigation into the incident is falling apart, Konstantin Kosachev, the chairman of the Russian upper house's foreign affairs committee, told Sputnik on Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ccVQb]
* "London should face uncomfortable questions from G7 over Skripal poisoning – Russian senator" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/qQ9tE]
* " 'Highly Likely' There Was No Chem Attack in Salisbury - Ex-UN Commission Member; The Russian embassy in Britain has commented on what it described as an 'unexpected discovery' made by Swiss experts during a probe into last month's alleged poisoning of Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in the UK city of Salisbury" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/aMATH]
* "BZ Agent Used to Poison Skripals Active for 3 Days – Russian Intel Vet; With Britain failing to provide any tangible evidence of Russia's involvement in the Skripal poisoning case, many people are beginning to wonder whether London’s accusations really hold any water" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/lTB0M]
* "BZ samples tested at Swiss lab in Skripal case ‘nothing to do’ with Salisbury – OPCW chief" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/OjH5e]
* "Skripals attacked with nerve agent 'in liquid form,' government department says" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/7jxRJ]
* "No Passenger of Yulia Skripal's Flight Had Traces of Intoxication - Moscow; Shortly after regaining consciousness and the ability to talk, the daughter of the former Russian spy Sergei Skripal, Yulia, was released from the Salisbury hospital and transferred to an unknown facility, which is allegedly guarded by UK security officers" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/9YTqB]
* "Nerve Agent Used to Poison Skripals Was Delivered ‘in a Liquid Form’ – Reports; Clean-up work is beginning in Salisbury, which was the site of the suspected nerve agent attack against former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, the UK government said on Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/gpll3]
* "Russian Embassy Suspects Salisbury 'Disinfection' Meant for Evidence Destruction; Russian embassy in London, UK, expressed its suspicion that the so-called disinfection in Salisbury could be attempt to destroy evidence in Skripal poisoning case" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/BH7ZL]
* "Skripal's Niece Alleges Ex-Spy Was Never Denied Possibility of Visiting Russia; The woman's statement comes over a week after she claimed that Yulia Skripal, Sergei Skripal's daughter, wants to come to Russia as soon as possible" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/tN2Mc]
* "Salisbury Police, Ambulance Stations, Park to Be Reopened in 2 Months - Defra; The Salisbury police station site, ambulance stations at Amesbury and Salisbury and the Maltings Park, which were the sites of the alleged chemical attack on Sergei Skripal, will be reopened in 2 months, the communications officer at the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) told Sputnik on Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/oHr3g]
* "Britain admits OPCW did not confirm ‘essential evidence’ on origin of Skripal poison" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/N0Y0S]
* "Refusal to Cooperate With Russia to Confirm Skripal Case Was Western Provocation; Russia's permanent representative to the OPCW said that further refusal to cooperation with Russia would confirm suspicions that the Skripal case was a gross provocation by western intelligence services" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/4SEfw]
* "Berezovsky acted with UK intel, paid with life when he decided to return home – Russian prosecutor" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/7fRyr]
* "Russian Embassy Concerned Over UK Scrutinizating RT's Work Amid Skripal Probe; Earlier in the day, UK media watchdog announced that it had opened seven investigations into the channel's coverage of the Skripal case" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/W8sKP]
* " ‘Salisbury attack hasn’t changed editorial approach,’ RT says amid new Ofcom probes" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/vxNSK]
* "Merkel announces meeting with Putin 'in foreseeable future' " (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/Bpa0P]
* " ‘Mature, trust-based partnership’: Moscow & Vienna keep ties level-headed as Austria FM set to visit" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/lXP2G]
* "Beware the Russians: British Boogeyman Recipe to Making Strong Points; Apparently, adding a tablespoon of "Russian threat" to any statement in Britain only enhances it. Almost a year since the WannaCry ransomware attack crippled UK's health service, a new report has urged the government to "get a grip" and patch the systemic cybersecurity holes in case of future offensives, pointing to the Skripal poisoning case" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/5Fp2l]
* "The Russians are coming for you through your phone, computer and internet… or so the MSM says" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/plv7S]
* "IRS payment website crashes on tax day – Russia to blame?" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/LyUJY]
* "Kremlin slams U.S., British accusations of Russian cyberattacks" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/Ww1h6]
* "Australia’s Claims About Russian Cyberattacks Unfounded – Russian Lawmaker; Australia’s claims that numerous companies may have been targeted by Russian state-sponsored hackers are yet another example of unsubstantiated accusations against Moscow, Leonid Levin, the Russian lower house's information policy committee chair, told Sputnik on Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/zFZmI]
* "Russian National Nikulin Not Considering Plea Deal With US Govt in Hacking Case; The legal team of Russian citizen Yevgeniy Nikulin, accused by US authorities of hacking into US-based social media companies including LinkedIn, does not plan to propose a plea bargain in the case and is instead waiting for the US government to make an offer, Nikulin’s lawyer Arkady Bukh told Sputnik" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/8aLA2]
* "Russian Lower House Accounts on Twitter, VK Targeted by Massive Spam Attack; Official accounts of the lower house of the Russian parliament, the State Duma, on VKontakte and Twitter were targeted on Wednesday by a massive spam attack, the State Duma press service told Sputnik" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/NrMAe]
* "Revenue from US sales used to develop cutting-edge rocket engines, says Russian weapons chief" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/EJf0c]
* "Deputy PM: Russia May End Supplies of Rocket Engines to US, No Decision Made Yet; Russia will suspend supplies of rocket engines to the United States in case if a relevant decision is taken by the country’s leadership, but such decision has not been made yet, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/eAYVV]
* " ‘I’m the equal of Putin,’ Macron tells journalists over a drink" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/LRDOk]
* "Russian Ambassador to Peru Rules Out Boycott on FIFA World Cup" (2018-04-17, plenglish.com) [archive.is/CvASi]
* " 'Let Him Have Fun': Lavrov on Johnson's Russia-Nazi Germany Comparison; Last month, UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson drew parallels between the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and the 1936 Olympic Games in Nazi Germany" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/bb2iA]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: The ALBA states
* "America: Summits with Opposite Readings" (2018-04-17, plenglish.com) [archive.is/jLr8U]:
A fragmented summit, the official one and another demanding by nature, the popular one, reflected in Peru the counter perceptions of the continent's reality, marked by resistance to the increasing U.S. hostility and the upturn of the right.
At the 8th Summit of the Americas, whose heads of State and Government segment was held on April 13 and 14, Venezuela became the only absent country and, paradoxically, the most evoked in almost all speeches that, excluding honorable exceptions, played to the tune of the United States and, thus, of the Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS), Luis Almagro.
The decision of the Peruvian government -forced by Washington and supported by the so-called Group of Lima- to withdraw the invitation to Venezuelan president, Nicolas Maduro, spoiled a meeting already gloomy due to the attendance of only 14 of the 35 heads of State invited and whose organizers boasted of democracy, tolerance, integration and unity.
The statesmen present in this capital alluded to Venezuela, most of the times with open interference in its domestic affairs and others with alleged worry for the domestic situation.
There was someone who even demanded without ado the political isolation of Caracas and leaders of known conservative trend, as those of Colombia, Argentina and Chile, even summoned to disown the general elections to be held in May.
However, the revolution started by Hugo Chavez made itself heard with severity through Bolivian president, Evo Morales; and the Cuban Foreign Minister, Bruno Rodriguez.
A still greater impact had the issue in the People's Summit.
Morales urged to respect Venezuelan sovereignty, recognize legitimacy of its constitutional president and reject the U.S. actions to destabilize that country, while Rodriguez described Maduro's exclusión from the Summit as an insult to all the countries of Our America and a historical setback imposed by the present U.S. government.
For Martin Bazurco, director general of Multilateral Relations at the Bolivian foreign ministry, the 8th Summit from the beginning tried to fragment the continent with the 'disinvitation' of Venezuela.
'How can one speak of tolerance and dialogue when this summit started by excluding one, fragmenting our America, excluding sister Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, silencing it', he asked and considered it impossible to 'dialogue democratically if from the start it is decided that one or another is not a good idea to have it present'.
The summit centered on democratic Governability versus corruption, adopted the so-called Lima Commitment with a series of measures to face and revert that scourge, and rerceived the recommendations of youths, the civil society, indigenous and businesspeople.
Rodriguez, who staged a harsh riff with U.S. Vicepresident Michael Pence, put another discordant key when denouncing before the presidents that 'the fight against corruption is used as a political weapon and prosecutors and judges act as political parties'.
'Voters are prevented from electing candidates with a strong popular support, as is the case of 'president political prisoner Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, whose freedom we demand', he said and added that 'corruption prevailing among top officials, members of parliament and conservative politicians is hidden'.
The Cuban Foreign Minister demanded from Washington -
to lift the economic blockade imposed on his country and warned that the revolution 'will not accept threats nor blackmail from the U.S. government'. Although it does not wish a confrontation, 'it will not negotiate anything of its domestic affairs nor will it flinch a milimeter in its principles'.
But the Summit of the Peoples, as Bazurco said, was much more relevant as an alternative forum that under the slogan 'For the unity of the peoples of Our America' became a space of genuine dialogue among peoples, that is the true civil society, where there were trade unions, women organizations, indigenous and workers.
This agrees with the vision of President Morales' government, who firmly believes in what he calls peoples' democracy 'in the possibility that integration is not built only between governments and leaders, but from down under, among peoples, through fraternal meetings and reencounters', he said.
Solidarity with Bolivia in its demand to Chile of a sovereign outlet to the sea, the claims for liberty of Lula da Silva, independence for Puerto Rico, restitution to Argentina of the Falkland (Malvinas) Islands, as well as the defense of the indigenous cosmovisiion and the rights of originary peoples, negroes and other social minorities, were repeated requirements.
In the middle of an auditorium mostly submitted to the North in the presidential venue, representatives of Cuba and Bolivia rejected U.S. ruses to revitalize the Monroe Doctrine (1823) and they were the only ones who showed the same dignity shared with thousands of voices at the University of San Marcos, at the closing of the Summit of the Peoples.
* "Terrorist Plot against Venezuelan Elections Thwarted" (2018-04-18, plenglish.com) [archive.is/NfX1a]
* "Canada pulls diplomats’ families out of Cuba over mysterious illness; Canada says it is returning the families of its diplomats from Cuba as the cause of a mysterious illness that has afflicted Canadian and US officials remains unknown" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/oBZc2]
* "Cuba Is a Safe Country, Foreign Ministry Ratifies to Canada" (2018-04-18, plenglish.com) [archive.is/4x0kY]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)
* "North & South Korea may announce official end to war – local media" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/eCaWA]
* "Inter-Korean summit should aim for peace treaty, says minister; Two Koreas discussing plans to announce official end to military conflict, newspaper suggests" (2018-04-17, irishtimes.com) [archive.is/15Bcc]
* "Two Koreas Discuss Official End to 68-Year War, Report Says" (2018-04-17, bloomberg.com) [archive.is/HJoQI]
* "South Korea ‘mulling over peace deal’ with North; South Korea is considering changing a decades-long armistice deal with North Korea to a peace agreement, as the leaders of the long-time rivals prepare for a historic summit later this month" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/hLqwO]
* "South Korean officials may visit North ahead of summit; South Korea says senior officials from the country may visit North Korea ahead of a summit between the South’s President Moon Jae-in and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un if more high-level talks are deemed necessary" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/Iqyqd]
* "Direct hotline between leaders of S.Korea, DPRK likely to be set up this week" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/IVAiB]
* "S.Korea may send special envoys to DPRK if necessary" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/seZ7v]: Im Jong-seok, chief of staff for South Korean President Moon Jae-in, said Tuesday that a possibility remained open for Moon to send his special envoys to Pyongyang ahead of the upcoming inter-Korean summit later this month.
* "S.Korea reviewing way to turn armistice into peace treaty in inter-Korean summit" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/spkBH]
* "Ex-S. Korean minister stresses need to build peace regime on Korean Peninsula" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/q9FHg]
* "S. Korea's Catholic Church prays for inter-Korean summit's success" (2018-04-16, Yonhap newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/f8JiE]
* "Buddhist service for peace" photo (2018-04-18, Yonhap newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/GqC5q], caption: President Moon Jae-in (2nd from R) puts his hands together during a Buddhist service for the stability and peace of the Korean Peninsula at a Seoul hotel on April 17, 2018.
* "China expects positive results from U.S.-DPRK summit" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/NiK3Z]
* "Koreas ‘have my blessing’ to discuss end of war: Trump; US President Donald Trump has given his blessing to the upcoming inter-Korean peace talks seeking an end to the war on the Korean Peninsula" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/In5Rp]
* "Trump looking forward to making meeting with Kim a ‘worldwide success’ " (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/BUuhr]
* " White House says no direct talks yet between Trump, DPRK's Kim" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/1JlbE]
* "Trump says U.S. has direct talks with DPRK at "very high levels"" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/0GEq8]
* "Trump Confirms 'Very High Level' Talks Between US, North Korea; US President Donald Trump confirmed Tuesday that talks between the United States and North Korea are taking place at "very high levels," hours before news broke that CIA Director Mike Pompeo had met personally with North Korean head Kim Jong-un shortly after Pompeo's nomination to be US Secretary of State" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/hAPIe]
* "Trump confirms CIA chief's meeting with DPRK's Kim" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/hpsAt]
* "Mike Pompeo had secret meeting with Kim Jong-un" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/J832s]
* "Mike Pompeo secretly met with Kim Jong Un" (2018-04-18, edition.cnn.com) [archive.is/25qmp]
* "Trump says CIA chief met North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un; US President Donald Trump has confirmed that CIA director Mike Pompeo recently traveled to Pyongyang for a secret meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/rI4iF]
* " ‘A little bit short of highest level’: Trump says he spoke with North Korea’s Kim almost ‘directly’ " (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/ySJkV]
* "US-DPRK Talks: 'Trump Would See This Meeting as Element of His Legacy' - Scholar; US President Donald Trump has said that high-level talks between Washington and Pyongyang are underway. During his meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Trump told reporters that direct talks with North Korea have begun. Radio Sputnik spoke about this with Dr. Robert Winstanley-Chesters, Research Fellow at Australian National University" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/kajpn]
* "Summit of Korean Leaders to be Transmitted Live" (2018-04-18, plenglish.com) [archive.is/13eUH]
* "S. Korea, DPRK agree to live broadcast major events of inter-Korean summit" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/UNoSF]
* "S Korean Air Force to Hold Joint Drills With US on Guam - Reports; A number of countries in the Pacific region, including the US, are set to take part in joint drills amid de-escalation of the situation around North Korea and the upcoming meeting between US President Donald Trump and North Korean head Kin Jong-un" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/DVAgV]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Arab Republic of Syria
* "US-Led Coalition Preparing for Tectonic Shift in the Middle East – Analyst; The US is apparently preparing for serious changes in the Middle East, while strengthening ties with its longstanding allies – Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Turkish political analyst Husnu Mahalli told Sputnik, adding that a lot depends on Ankara's choices" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Ab858]
* "Trump’s Syria withdrawal plan: Arab occupational force and Arabs will pay for it – report" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/JWy3F]
* "US Wants to Replace Its Troops in Syria With Gulf States' Militaries - Reports; Earlier, the White House had reiterated President Donald Trump’s promise to pull US troops from Syria as soon as possible to 'let the other people take care of it' " (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/hIXX0]
* "Bolton in contact with Arab states to create regional force in Syria: Report; John Bolton, US President Donald Trump’s new national security adviser, is spearheading a push to establish a coalition of Arab military forces in Syria to pave the way for an American withdrawal, according to reports" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/JCyLb]
* "Saudi offers to send forces of Islamic Alliance to fight terrorism in Syria" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/1slQz]
* "Saudi Arabia open to sending troops into Syria: FM; Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir has announced that the regime in Riyadh would be ready to send troops into Syria as part of a potential wider deployment led by the United States" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/L7w2c]
* "Saudi Arabia Ready to Send Troops to Syria if Proposed - Foreign Minister; During its latest summit, the League of Arab States has called for an international investigation into the alleged chemical weapons' use in Syria and slammed what it described as Iran's meddling in the affairs of other countries" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/9sYhK]
* "Gulf States Reportedly Reach Blackwater to Discuss US 'Arab Force' Plan in Syria; The Wall Street Journal reported, citing American officials, that the Trump Administration has mulled assembling an Arab force that would replace US troops in Syria" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/fHaSO]
* "Chief of Staff of Qatari Armed Forces Attends Joint Gulf Shield '1' Drill Conclusion" (2018-04-18, QNA newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/GFQXp]
* "Saudi Arabia, UAE Reportedly Recruit Mercenaries from African Countries; With the operation of the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen going on for three years without much success and growing combat-related casualties, the two countries may seek alternative ways to replenish their troops" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/iLYwy]
* "Saudi, UAE recruiting 1000s of African mercenaries: Report; Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are reportedly recruiting thousands of African mercenaries to serve in their military adventurism overseas, including the bloody war on Yemen" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/S9TBv]
* "Bahrain-US relations among oldest, closest in region" (2018-04-18, BNA newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/jsjm4] [begin excerpt]: "Our relationship has been built through the work of Bahraini and American engineers and technicians who cooperated in the development of Bahrain’s rich energy resources. And with Bahrain’s newest discovery, we hope for even more cooperation in the years to come. Our relationship has been built through a commitment to the security of this vital region, and the hosting for more than 70 years of the United States Navy. In that time, generations of sailors and their families have enjoyed some of the best years of their lives through the generous hospitality and friendship of the Bahraini government and people."
Over those 70 years, Bahrain and the United States have stood shoulder-to-shoulder in confronting external threats, and in so doing enabling a remarkable transformation of this region to one of the most developed and prosperous the world over, Siberell added in his first celebration of US Independence Day as ambassador. [end excerpt]
* "Iran urges joint efforts from Turkey to ease tension in Syria" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/TSLas]
* "Scholar Explains Why Assad's Possible Ouster Might Deal a Heavy Blow to Turkey; Washington is trying to drive a wedge between Turkey and the other two Syrian ceasefire guarantors – Russia and Iran, Turkish academic Hasan Unal told Sputnik, explaining how Bashar al-Assad's possible ouster may nullify the results of Ankara's Euphrates Shield and Olive Branch operations" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/T0v8y]
* "Iran’s defense chief in Iraq to discuss ties, Syria strikes; Iran’s defense minister is in Iraq to exchange views with the country’s senior officials on bilateral security cooperation as well as the most recent regional developments, especially the Syria situation" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/qxVul], photo caption: Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami (L) and Secretary-General of the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, Lieutenant General Mohammad Jawad Kazim in Baghdad, April 18, 2018.
* "Iran vows to keep up anti-terror cooperation with Iraq; Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami says the Islamic Republic will keep up its counter-terrorism cooperation with Iraq until the annihilation of terrorism" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/UbEFK], photo caption: Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami (5th, R) attends the first joint high commission for Iran-Iraq defense cooperation in Baghdad on April 18, 2018.
* " 'This Was a Political Message': Kurdish Parties Condemn US-Led Strike on Syria; Representatives of Kurdish political parties in Syria in an interview with Sputnik condemned the missile attack of the United States, Britain and France on Syrian territory" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/l0FTa]
* "Ex-US Envoy Explains Goals of Trump’s Strike on Syria; President Donald Trump designed his missile bombardment of Syria to satisfy US public opinion rather than trying to destabilize the Syrian government of President Bashar Assad, former Assistant Secretary of State for International Security Affairs Chas Freeman told Sputnik" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ONpfQ]
* " 'Intellectual Dwarfs Who Created Narrative on Syria Should Be Ashamed' - Analyst; The US, UK and France have drafted their own resolution on Syria condemning the alleged chemical attack in Douma after the Russian-drafted initiative was rejected. Sputnik discussed the West's actions in Syria from the perspective of international law with Dr. Jan Oberg, director of the Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/kGHJm]
* "Activist Explains What West Achieves by Striking Syria; Sputnik spoke to Arthur West of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament to find out more abut the situation around the West's strikes on Syria" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/bJXu6]
* "Bombings against Syria Encourage Terrorism, Mexican Academicians" (2018-04-17, plenglish.com) [archive.is/s9pe9]
* "Russia says Syria gas attack inquiry senseless as US, allies have already acted; Russia has said that there is no need for establishing a new inquiry into chemical weapons use in Syria as Washington and its allies have already taken up the role of judge and executioner" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/8Lmc6]
* "Trump slammed by conservative supporters over Syria strike; US President Donald Trump has been criticized over his decision to strike Syria again by some of his most vociferous conservative supporters wary of US involvement overseas" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/pmMF1]
* "US senator: Chemical attack used to ‘galvanize the world’ against Assad; US Republican Senator Rand Paul says he has seen no evidence that could justify claims about the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad carrying out the suspected chemical attack in the town of Douma, and that the attack was used as a pretext to "galvanize the world” against the Syrian leader" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/UT1ZJ]
* " 'Should we wait around?' US defends premature Syria strike ahead of OPCW probe" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/CrVeZ]
* "UNSC Meets at Russia's Request to Discuss Situation in Syria; Ambassadors to the United Nations have discussed the situation in war-torn Syria. During the meeting, Syrian envoy announced that Damascus had implemented all measures to aid the OPCW fact-finding mission so it can begin its probe into the alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria tomorrow" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/0BwsM]
* "Russia shows no interest in new draft Security Council resolution on Syria" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/csGmW]
* " 'US knew there were no toxins & risked nothing' – chemical experts on Syria strike" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/Q5V1I]
* "Were There Chemical Weapons in Areas Attacked by U.S.?" (2018-04-18, plenglish.com) [archive.is/KJq7N]
* "Oxfam Concerned About Displaced People in Syria After Western Strikes - Adviser; Oxfam is concerned about further military action against Syria following the recent Western strikes, noting that it will have a detrimental effect on the plight of civilians in Syria and may lead to an increase in the number of displaced persons, the charity's senior policy adviser on Syria, Matthew Hemsley, told Sputnik" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/lVntS]
* "Syria attack ‘major step backward’ for Trump: Graham; The recent missile attack by the United States, France and the UK was a 'major step backwards' for President Donald Trump, says top Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, arguing that the attack failed to weaken Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his government" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/kzOXT]
* "Israeli Intel: Strikes on Syria Not Effective Chemical Weapons Deterrence; The joint US, British and French assault on Syria last week was an abject failure in terms of wiping out Syria’s chemical weapons capabilities, Israeli intelligence officials said Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/XUKiG]
* "US Ineffective Syria Strikes Driven by Poor Target Selection - Ex-CIA Officer; The multiple US cruise missile attacks on Syria on April 13 appear to have hit or destroyed or damaged no chemical weapons sites and appear to have been based on bad target selection and intelligence, former CIA officer Phil Giraldi told Sputnik" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/PgI8M]
* "Attack on Syria Had Large Political Effect Despite Military Weakness - EU MP; The recent attack on Syria conducted by three Western countries was a "serious excess" in a political sense despite its negligible military effect, а member of the European Parliament from Italy told Sputnik on Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/7H8NO]
* "Israeli defense minister claims right of 'total freedom of action' in Syrian airspace" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/XEDae]
* "Hezbollah: Israel won’t be allowed to set rules of conflict in Syria; Lebanon’s Hezbollah resistance movement says the Israeli regime seeks to portray itself as the party calling the shots in the Syria crisis by launching hit-and-run attacks against the Arab country, but it will not be allowed to do so" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/OfjCo]
* "Israel Hints It Can Hit Iran's 'Air Force' in Syria if It Retaliates for T-4; According to the Russian Defense Ministry, two Israeli F-15 fighter jets conducted an attack against Syria's T-4 base on April 9. Israeli sources claim the attack was aimed at Iranian fighters in Syria, with Tehran denying the claims of its military presence in the country" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/oYy1C]
* "UK airstrikes in Syria based on ‘hearsay’ – Labour MP Chris Williamson" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/uqlnI]
* "Macron defends military intervention in Syria at European Parliament" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/sCF3i]
* "'France is Trying Hard to Remain Relevant on the International Arena' - Reporter; French President Emmanuel Macron recently stated that he managed to convince Donald Trump to keep US troops in Syria for a longer term, after both countries, along with the UK, conducted strikes on Syria. Sputnik discussed the matter with Socrates Kazolias, a Paris-based American reporter and media consultant" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/vf9bM]
* "Macron Needs Trump's Support for Pursuing Active Middle East Policy - Analysts; French President Emmanuel Macron needs the support of the United States, particularly of his counterpart Donald Trump, on Syria in order to pursue an active policy in the Middle East, experts told Sputnik" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/SWDnn]
* "Mixed Signals: How Macron Misread Trump After Joint Strike on Syria; Washington's European and Arab allies want Donald Trump to stay in Syria. However, the US president reiterates that he has made up his mind and will withdraw US troops from the region as soon as possible. Speaking to Sputnik, analysts suggest that Trump's vow appears to be nothing short of blackmail" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/frYKE]
* "Western Actions in Syria 'Manifestation of Typical Hegemony' - Chinese Analysts; The Chinese Foreign Ministry has called on all parties to the Syrian conflict to return to the norms of the international law and resolve the issues through dialogue. Sputnik spoke with Chinese political analysts who said that these attacks can have even more dangerous consequences" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/4b8h5]
* "EU ‘understands’ missile attack on Syria, but stresses peace efforts; European Union foreign ministers say the recent tripartite missiles strikes against Syria was ‘understandable,’ but that a diplomatic solution remains the only option for lasting peace in the war-torn country" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/FBisu]
* " 'Helpless': French Scholar Points to a Lack of EU Consensus on Syria Attack; Deeply split members of the European Union failed to join the US, British and French missile strikes on Syria with Germany, Italy and many other member-states preferring to take their time and see what happens next" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/BbCIu]
* "Putin, Merkel agree to help resume political efforts on Syria: Kremlin" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/4tdwC]
* "Putin to Merkel: US, Allies' 'Aggression' in Syria Violates International Law; According to a statement, issued after the talks between Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, both countries have agreed to resume a political process on Syria, including the discussion within the Geneva and Astana platforms" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/JBRFt]
* "Germany Ready to Mediate Syrian Issue With Russia - German FM Maas; Russia is necessary for dialogue on Syria, a political solution to the Syrian crisis is impossible without Moscow, German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/m6wic]
* "Austrian chancellor offers UN 'full support' for Syrian peace negotiations" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/RsWBC]
* "Australian fuel reserves fall to alarmingly low levels: experts" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/2tbUw] [begin excerpt]: Australia could run out of fuel in 43 days as it faces a shortage due to the recent conflict in Syria, experts have warned. [end excerpt]
* "Italy opposes chemical warfare, did not participate in strikes on Syria: PM" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/iqUwF]
* "Naples outraged over visit of US nuclear sub taking part in Syria strikes" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/CmYny]
* "Naples Mayor Slams US Nuclear Sub Deployment Off Italy Coast; The people of Naples see the recent visit of the US nuclear submarine to the city as a threat to peace" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/GKQeE]
* "'US in Sicily Act Like Policemen, It Doesn’t Make Sense' – Italian Politician; Residents of Naples protested against the visit of a US submarine and now Sicily is protesting the US military presence on it land. Sputnik spoke with Ciro Lomonte, secretary of the political movement Siciliani Liberi about the issue" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/ZFlb3]
* "Iran-Turkey cooperation must stop escalation of tensions in Syria: Rouhani; Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says the recent US-led military strikes against Syria were a 'very ugly precedent' in international relations, stressing that joint Iran-Turkey cooperation must prevent the escalation of tension in the Arab country" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/c6fwB]
* "Russia to consider S-300 delivery to Syria after West attack: Lavrov;Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Moscow will consider delivering S-300 air defense systems to Damascus following the recent strikes against Syria by three Western powers" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/cE2EC]
* "Lavrov on S-300 Supply: After West's Attack, We Mull All Options to Defend Syria; Earlier, the Russian Defense Ministry had stated that Russian-made air defense systems deployed by the Syrian forces managed to intercept 71 of 103 missiles, fired by the United States, France and the UK on April 14" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/TSevG]
* "Top-3 Things to Know About Pantsir System That Helped Syria Repel Missile Attack; The Russian Defense Ministry earlier reported that Pantsir-S1 systems have shown near 100% efficiency during the US, UK and French strike against Syria, when 71 out of 103 missiles were intercepted. Sputnik reveals why the Pantsir system is so effective" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Eqj46]
* "After visiting Douma, western media begin to question ‘gas attack’ narrative" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/eCXfL]
* " 'Oxygen starvation, not gas’: Veteran UK reporter Fisk doubts MSM narrative on Douma ‘chem attack’ " (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/JkkBM]
* "UK Academics Questioning Western Foreign Policy in Syria - Professor; The Times has released an article accusing top-notch British academics of promulgating pro-Assad, Russian conspiracy theories, claiming that the founders of a self-styled Working Group on Syria are spreading disinformation on Syria. Sputnik spoke to one of them, Piers Robinson, professor of political journalism at the University of Sheffield" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/pkj7d]
* " 'It just doesn't ring true': The leading UK figures questioning 'proof' of Douma 'gas attack' " (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/B4Jya]
* " ‘Any information from US must be questioned’: Le Pen doubts narrative around Syrian strikes" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/aNhZp]
* "BBC presenter declares ‘info war against Russia’ after ex-navy chief questions Syria ‘evidence’ " (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/OToKQ]
* "Syrian Boy in White Helmets FAKE Chemical Attack Video Reveals Truth; Earlier the White Helmets, a Western-backed NGO known for its ties with terrorist groups, released a video showing alleged victims of the false-flag chemical attack in Douma. The US and its allies used the video as a pre-text to conduct a missile strike on Syria" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/uOfd5]
* "US ‘Can’t Comment’ On Whether It Has Samples From Douma ‘Chemical Attack’ ; The US Department of State acknowledged Tuesday that it “can’t comment” on whether or not it has samples from Douma where Washington, Paris and London alleged that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad gassed his own people" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/t6LQy]
* "US Senator Unsure Whether Syria's Assad Waged Chemical Attack Against Civilians; US Senator Rand Paul said he has not seen any evidence that proves that Syrian President Bashar Assad waged a chemical attack on civilians in Douma, nor does he understand what could possibly motivate such an attack" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/CSI5t]
* " 'No Evidence': German MP Sees Syria Attack as a Likely 'False-Flag-Action' ; There is no proof that the Syrian authorities were responsible for an alleged chemical attack in Douma, member of Alternative for Germany (AfD) party and Bundestag MP Hansjörg Müller told the Russian web portal Politika Segodnya" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/qoKA0]
* "U.S.-led strikes hinder chemical weapons probe in Syria: Russian diplomat" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/9Vnao]
* "Chemical Arms Experts Enter Douma: Syrian State TV; The international inspectors arrived in Syria at the weekend to visit the site of a suspected gas attack in Douma, near the capital Damascus" (2018-04-17, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/qMTHV]
* "Chemical weapons investigators enter Syria's Douma district: report" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/QSvmE]
* "OPCW chemical weapons inspectors enter Douma – Syrian state media" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/OSUvS]
* "OPCW experts enter Douma to probe suspected gas attack: Syrian state media; The special investigators of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) have arrived in Douma, the largest town of Eastern Ghouta, to probe a suspected chemical attack which was used as a pretext for a barrage of Western missile strikes against the Arab country, Syrian state media reports" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/X0zmK]
* "Moscow slams western media ‘disinformation campaign’ about OPCW experts being denied entry to Douma" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/MBzKF]
* "Moscow Slams Reports Russia Stopping OPCW from Entering Douma as ‘Unscrupulous’ ; Moscow expects that OPCW inspectors will take samples from the city of Douma and will transport them to certified laboratories, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova has said" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/WAL8S]
* "All Conditions Created for OPCW to Work Normally in Douma, Russian Envoy Says; The Syrian authorities have created all conditions for the normal work of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons experts in Syria’s Douma, their safety is being ensured, Russian Permanent Representative to the UN Office in Geneva Gennady Gatilov said Monday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Yt5qr]
* "Syria says OPCW security team in Douma for assessment ahead of experts entry" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/oVRSf]
* "OPCW confirms UN team came under fire in Douma, mission delayed by security concerns" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/bPWZ6]
* " 'Gunfire' delays UN chemical mission in Syria's Douma; A mission by experts with the UN chemical watchdog, who were supposed to enter the Syrian town of Douma to examine the circumstances surrounding an alleged chemical attack, has been once again delayed due to unexpected gunfire at the site near Damascus" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/hisbJ]
* "WHO Denies Team Carried Out Mission to Syria's Douma on Tuesday - Spokesman; The World Health Organization (WHO) has sent a delegation to Syria's Duma only to assess the medical situation in connection with the alleged use of chemical weapons in the city and will have no role in confirming or denying whether the attack had taken place, a spokesman for the organization, Tarik Jasarevic, told Sputnik on Tuesday" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/bagPu]
* "Syria gas attack false flag organized by UK spy services: Russia; Russia says it has “irrefutable” evidence that a recent suspected chemical attack in the Damascus suburb town of Douma, which was used as a pretext for missile strikes against Syria, was a “false flag” operation orchestrated by British spy services" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/QkDDM]
* "Russian Military Finds Chemical Weapons Warehouse in Syrian Douma - Reports; Russian troops found a warehouse of substances necessary for the production of chemical weapons in Syrian Douma, media reported Tuesday, citing chemical defense specialist Alexander Rodionov" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/E5i90]
* "Modern Equipment for Mortar Shell and Missile Production Found in Douma; After days of negotiations, militants willingly left Douma through a special corridor, surrendering their weapons to the Syrian army - or at least that’s what everyone thought" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/lSb5x]
* "Tory-linked Activate risks legal action over ‘libelous’ claim Corbyn met with Assad 2 years ago" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/V1ij0]
* "Paris to revoke Assad’s Legion of Honor, after bombing ‘tyrant’ holding France’s highest decoration" (2018-04-17, rt.com) [archive.is/QaLEJ]
* "Mussolini Still on the List: France Mulls Stripping Assad of Legion of Honor; French President Emmanuel Macron has recently stepped up his anti-Assad rhetoric after having supported US-led airstrikes against Syria in response to the alleged use of chemical weapons by government forces in the city of Douma last week" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/fNTdl]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Islamic Republic of Iran
* "Iran ready for any JCPOA-related scenario: Deputy FM; Iran has warned that it is well prepared to deal with any possible scenario related to the future of the country's nuclear agreement with world powers, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA)" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/QapqT]
* "Exiting JCPOA will evoke unpleasant reaction for US: Zarif; Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has said that Tehran's reaction will be unpleasant for the US if it decides to ditch the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA)" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/GiLP1]
* "US Working With European Partners to 'Fix' Iran Nuclear Deal - State Dept. ; The United States is actively working with its European partners in order to "fix" the Iran nuclear agreement, also known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), Acting Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs David Satterfield said during testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/7Tzpd]
* "Iran Rebuffs US and UK Accusations at the UN" (2018-04-18, plenglish.com) [archive.is/uOyl8]
* "Netanyahu Alleges Terrorism is 'Under Iranian Auspices' ; According to the Jerusalem Post, the Israeli Prime Minister said that fanaticism "does not take into account" such norms as guaranteed immunity for diplomats, citing the 1979 capture of American diplomats in Iran" (2018-04-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/qRIV5]
* "Enemy intel services have failed to inflict any harm on Iran: Leader; Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says enemies have waged a large-scale intelligence war against Iran, but that foreign spy agencies have failed in their attempts to inflict any harm on the country" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/xxPuQ]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Jurisdiction of Yemen
* "Political solution in Yemen is available: UN envoy" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/z1FUP]
* "UN envoy plans to present Yemen peace roadmap in two months; UN envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths says he will present a plan to the UN Security Council for resumption of peace talks between the warring parties in Yemen" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/ZYRfz]
* "Top UN humanitarian official voices concern about insufficient food imports to Yemen" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/vAOP9]
* "Situation for newly-arrived refugees, migrants in Yemen "extremely concerning": UNHCR" (2018-04-17, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/DDnRl]
* "Iran rejects ‘baseless’ UK, US accusations on Yemen missiles; Iran has firmly rejected fresh US and British allegations of Tehran sending missiles to Yemen, saying the two are seeking to whitewash their “shameful” complicity in the crisis gripping the war-torn country by leveling “false” charges against others" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/jZelP]
* "Senators question US support for Saudi war on Yemen; The US Senate has grilled officials of the Donald Trump administration over Washington's support for Saudi Arabia's war on Yemen, saying there's an “alarming absence of strategy” when it comes to the war" (2018-04-18, presstv.com) [archive.is/zU17M]
* "Italian officials & German firm face lawsuit over arms sales to Saudi Arabia" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/EC1UD]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Islamic Republic of Pakistan
* "China's billions set to revive Pakistan's colonial-era railways" (2018-04-22, via sfgate.com) [archive.is/jh5ab] [begin excerpt]: Beijing is set to upgrade a 1,163-miles track from Karachi to Peshawar near the Afghan border with an $8 billion loan to Pakistan. It's part of Chinese President Xi Jinping's Belt and Road trade initiative, which includes $60 billion of badly-needed works financed in Pakistan. [...]
To help ease increasing congestion in Pakistan's second-largest city, a $1.6 billion metro-line in Lahore - funded by Chinese banks - is scheduled to open before this year's vote. In total, Islamabad says it has rehabilitated more than 300 locomotives, over 1,000 passenger coaches, nearly 5,000 freight wagons and 31 stations. Pakistan also purchased 75 high-powered locomotives last year in a $413.5 million deal with General Electric Co. [...]
The government is also eyeing increased freight trade. With national elections scheduled for July and with the economy facing headwinds due to widening external deficits, Pakistan wants to increase exports to China, Iran, Turkey, Afghanistan and even arch-rival India through rail links, according to plans seen by Bloomberg. [end excerpt]
* "Pakistan's northern province to buy 380 buses from China" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/48IAj]
* "Pakistan Warns Against Putting Country on Global Terror Financial Watchlist; The US has warned that it will try to place Pakistan on a watch list of countries that are not making enough efforts to counter terrorism financing, threatening Islamabad with global isolation, according to a senior Pakistani official" (2018-04-18, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/gvO51]
* "Pakistani Court Analyzes Murder by US Diplomat" (2018-04-18, plenglish.com) [archive.is/SFhOs]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL's
US Has Special Forces in 149 Countries – and Ambassadors in only 144 (as of 2018-03-26) [archive.li/y1nRC]
* "NATO bases upgraded under anti-migrant guise, US nukes now stockpiled in Greece – Communist chief" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/TcwBf]
* "Portugal to lead NATO's Baltic air policing mission" (2018-04-18, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/IDnc2]
* "NATO to deploy 35,000 troops in largest-ever drills in Norway; A total of 30 countries will send some 35,000 soldiers, more than 120 aircraft, 70 ships and 10,000 vehicles to the largest-ever drills held by NATO in Norway, sources in the military alliance have announced" (2018-04-17, presstv.com) [archive.is/Rcmh2]
* "Britain stokes tensions with Russia & Syria… while armed forces ‘woefully’ understaffed" (2018-04-18, rt.com) [archive.is/l9QMv]
* "Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Defense Affairs Visits US Naval Base in San Diego" (2018-04-18, QNA newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/eQssj]
* "Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Meets UK, French Ambassadors and US Charge d'Affaires" (2018-04-17, newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/jHVcI]
* "DSA, NatSec ASIA 2018 Exhibitions Officially Open Monday" (2018-04-17, Bernama newswire, via oananews.org) [archive.is/nrmnv]:
The Defence Services Asia (DSA) and National Security Asia (NatSec Asia) 2018 exhibitions were officially opened Monday by Deputy Defence Minister Mohd Johari Baharum.
He spent about an hour visiting the exhibition booths.
The event which brings together about 1,500 defence-related companies and 350 foreign delegates from 45 countries is expected to attract 40,000 visitors.
The four-day exhibition being held at the Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC) acts as a platform for top management of defence and security around the world to exchange ideas besides providing the industry players with opportunities to market their products.
The opening of the 16th edition of the DSA was officiated by Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and Defence Minister Hishammuddin Hussein on Sunday.
DSA is a biennial event held since 1988.
Articles reflecting the views of war planners
Weapons for a New World Order & the Militarization of Space
Northbay Uprising FM Radio News is broadcast courtesy of 89.5 FM-KZCT [OzcatRadio.com], tune-in online [is.gd/kJ1EUt]:
- The Stranger News, broadcast Thursdays, 5 to 5:30pm, featuring latest news on science, technology, space, and cutting-edge research on the mind, world history, and entheogenics!
- The Northbay UpRising Morningshow, broadcast Tuesdays, 7 to 9am, with local news, and topics on Peace, the Ecology, Do-It-Yourself ideas, and Communitarianism!
All materials not authored by members of the "The Northbay Uprising Media Collective" are ©, ® or ™ to their respective owners and authors, and are included in this database for evaluative purposes only, without commercial profit. For commercial use of the materials on this database, please contact the respective copyright owners of the materials. Copyright owners of materials on this page are not responsible for the contents of this database.
Instead of live links, this website primarily uses Archive.fo, which saves a text and a graphical copy of a web page with no active elements and no scripts, so they keep you safe as they cannot have any popups or malware! It timestamps the archived pages using UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) [worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx].
Please, donate to Archive.fo [liberapay.com/archiveis/donate]. Archive.fo uses Cloudflare, so users of VPN-based anonymous websurfing apps may have to set security off to avoid Captcha prompts. Because (.fo) domain might be blocked depending on the jurisdiction, you may have to download the “http everywhere” plugin into your browser [archive.fo/UcbcR]. How to use Archive.fo [archive.fo/z9eoZ], contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
List of other archive sites [web.archive.org] [peeep.us] [via.hypothes.is] [webcitation.org/archive] [webrecorder.io]