This version updated (2017-06-23)
Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or online at [is.gd/9TUmzG]. Hosted by Dr.G. [is.gd/lVybmA], Minister of Information of the Bay Area Movement for a People's Democracy (MPD) [is.gd/gq0BD3].
Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link]. Send news & info to [NorthbayUprising@) gmail.com], facebook [is.gd/FvFAHB].
Archived webpages at (archive.org) and at (archive.fo) are available even if the original is taken down. News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or, of foreign governments. Circumvent "Error 451" [archive.fo/WOZXx] by using the proxy server at [webproxy.to] or, by using Tor Browser [is.gd/r18EVD].
Spotlight from the Northbay Uprising Media Collective
Recommended Radical Newsletters:
A list of gatherings, workshops, and educational events in the greater Bay Area region
Stories are reviewed and provided by Bay Area MPD Committees and Affiliates
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY
Updates on campaigns for Peace, Justice, & Freedom across the greater Bay Area, Norcal, and Socal
* "SFSU commencement speaker Alicia Garza, co-founder of Black Lives Matter, graduates with honors" (2017-06-03, sfbayview.com) [archive.fo/bfieo], photo caption: Co-founder of Black Lives Matter and top graduate student at San Francisco State University, Alicia Garza delivered the commencement address on behalf of all graduate students May 25 at the SF State graduation ceremonies at AT&T ball park. To strong applause, she spoke of her years fighting corporate and government poisoning and police terror in Bayview Hunters Point.
* "Deecolonize Academy students report on self-determination movements around the world" (2017-06-03, sfbayview.com) [archive.fo/ASCDK], about the authors: Tiburcio Garcia and Amir Cornish are students in the liberation school Deecolonize Academy. This is the final project of their Oppressed Peoples’ Herstory Class. They are both graduating Friday, June 2, in a community celebration called Lifting up Our Leaders at the sacred land us landless peoples call Homefulness: 8032 BlackArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94605. Deecolonize Academy can be reached via email@example.com
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY:
Updates on campaigns across the Nation!
* "Americans fear rising ‘political violence’ in US: Poll; The majority of Americans believe “political violence” is rising in the United States and the current tone of politics and debate is encouraging violence, according to two new polls" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/YlDmC]
* "Seattle police shoot dead pregnant black woman; Police in the US state of Washington have killed a pregnant African American woman while responding to her call about a crime" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/FIcXL], photo caption: Charleena Lyles, 30-year-old mother of four, was shot dead by police in Seattle on June 18, 2017.
* "Students, teachers hold protest to demand justice for Charleena Lyles; Dozens of students have held rallies to protest police brutality against African Americans after the shooting death of a black pregnant woman by a police officer" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/u863c], photo caption: Students hold rallies on the steps of Garfield High School in Seattle, Washington, on Tuesday, June 21, 2017.
Justice for Philando Castile!
* " ‘Sir, I have a firearm on me’: Dashcam footage of Philando Castile shooting released" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/f17Vo]
* " ‘I don’t want you to get shooted’: 4yo girl pleads to mother, Philando Castille’s girlfriend" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/Lhg6P]
* "The Unwritten Law That Helps Bad Cops Go Free" (2017-06-21, nationalreview.com) [archive.is/sDrGt] [begin excerpt]: Look at this extraordinary statement from Jeronimo Yanez, the officer who killed Philando Castile: "I don’t remember how many rounds I let off. Um, I remember seeing the last two rounds go off and I remember seeing one of those rounds hit him in the arm. Uh, his glasses flew off. I’m not sure if it was from gunfire or from him, uh, whipping his head back or anything like that. Uh, but, uh as that was happening, as he was pulling at, out his hand, I thought I was gonna die and I thought if he’s, if has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of a five-year-old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front-seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me? And, I let off the rounds and then after the rounds were off, the little girls [sic] was screaming. I held the suspect at gunpoint. His arms came up into view. And they were up by his chest. I can’t remember what I said. But I acknowledged this little girl first. Cuz I wanted her to be safe and I told Officer Kauser or I told her one of the two to go run out of the car and run to Office Kauser or Officer Kauser to get her. And then I turned my attention to the front-seat passenger. I didn’t point my firearm at her. I still had it on the suspect. Cuz he was still moving.
Yes, Yanez actually said, “if he has the, the guts and audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five-year-old girl and risk her lungs and her life by giving her secondhand smoke . . . what care does he give about me.” While it’s an explanation for his fear, it’s not remotely reasonable.
SOLANO PEACE & FREEDOM PARTY
Use the ballot for our own People's candidates and legislation, campaign for the future!
[SolanoPFP.blogspot.com] [PeaceAndFreedom.org] [facebook.com/Peace-and-Freedom-Party-45065449911]
TOWARDS REVOLUTIONARY SOLUTIONS
LUCHA PARA LA NUEVA AZTLAN!
SOLIDARITY WITH THE NEW AFRICAN NATION!
Black Power! Revive the Community! Defend the Nation!
National News [blackagendareport.com] [atlantablackstar.com] [sfbayview.com]
* "US police routinely gun down black people: Activist; In the United States, dozens of students have taken to the streets of the city of Seattle to demand justice for a pregnant black woman, who was shot dead by the police" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/XEMVa]:
Dakotah Lilly, a member of Students and Youth for a New America, believes unfortunately such incidents are no longer “a rare occurrence” in the United States, adding that black people are being killed by police officers on a daily basis because there is absolutely no repercussions for police brutality.
“Black people and to a lesser extent Latino people are routinely gunned down by rogue police officers and the unfortunate part of the equation is that this happens every day in the United States … This is an outrageous problem that just continues to get worse,” Lilly told Press TV in an interview on Thursday.
information collected by the Committee to Defend Public Education!
information collected by the Worker's Defense Committee [is.gd/VOkmLr]
Updates from the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU)
92 Million Strong, Worldwide! [wftucentral.org]
Updates from the UNI Global Union
Representing more than 20 million workers worldwide [uniglobalunion.org]
Updates from around the world
HANDS OFF OUR HOMES!
* "Oakland nonprofit jacks up the rent as Trump proposes $6.2 billion in cuts to HUD" (2017-06-04, by Lynda Carson, sfbayview.com) [archive.fo/acDdH], photo caption: On Feb. 1, 2016, Asians4BlackLives staged a protest outside of the East Bay Asian Local Development Corp. (EBALDC) office to call out their inequitable proposal for the public parcel on East 12th Street with luxury developer UrbanCore and to call for their support for 100 percent affordable housing.
* "Residents are being urged to leave this senior housing complex" (2017-06-23, sacbee.com) [archive.fo/FkcxX]
* "Santa Cruz beach home on stilts in the sand asks $1.1 million" (2017-06-22, sfgate.com) [archive.fo/6BD6I] [begin excerpt]: This is only the third time the home has been on the market since it was built in 1970 and we have a feeling it won’t take long before it’s snatched up by a buyer looking for a beachfront living at a bargain price. [end excerpt]
* "Fire damaged Sea Cliff fixer-upper manse lists for $3M" (2017-06-15, sfgate.com) [archive.fo/cRCaS]
* "Time warp: Alameda home hasn’t been touched since it was built in 1971" (2017-06-21, sfgate.com) [archive.fo/J6iJr] [begin excerpt]: In 1971, this home sold for $37,500. Today, that price has multiplied—several times—to $918,000. [end excerpt]
* "Greek mythology comes to life at St. Helena estate on 45 acres" (2017-06-14, sfgate.com) [archive.fo/weYv4] [begin excerpt]: “The home’s fabulous light and picturesque Napa Valley views are a statement to Galatea’s romance,” said. Cheri Stanley of Sotheby’s International Realty, who is listing the fortress-like estate for $13.2 million. [end excerpt]
information collected by the Committee to
DEFEND THOSE WITHOUT HOMES!
* "Sacramento County swears it’s part of the solution for homelessness. It’s actually the problem" (2017-06-23, sacbee.com) [archive.fo/0t9Qb] [begin excerpt]: Unlike 2009, when the state was suffering a historic downturn, tens of millions of public dollars – perhaps more than $100 million – are available now to help homeless people.
Yet for whatever reason – staff, pride, bad habit – the county has insisted upon leaving that money on the table, with no good explanation and only vague plans to remedy the situation.
Never mind the upbeat talk, just months ago, as the election of Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg heralded a new era. And never mind the mayor’s long and seemingly valuable experience as a legislative leader who spent decades addressing homelessness from a statewide perspective.
Despite pleas from the mayor – and council members and regional hospitals and nonprofits – county supervisors and staff refused even to apply for a major stream of federal funds, administered through a state pilot project, that would have dramatically increased both the city’s and county’s ability to keep homeless people out of emergency rooms, and get them mental health care and addiction treatment.
The city ended up applying on its own for the program, known as “Whole Person Care,” partnering with regional players. Now Sacramento is the only city in California with Whole Person Care money. And Sacramento County is the only large county without it. [end excerpt]
- Photo caption: Sacramento police Officer Michelle Lizard talks with homeless people a block from City Hall near the intersection of 11th and I Street, responding to a complaint the sidewalk path was blocked.
* "Tiny homes are trendy. Could they also help the homeless?" (2017-06-23, sacbee.com) [archive.fo/xIQoK], photo caption: Yuba County created "tiny homes" for some of it's homeless population. The county opened the doors on Friday, July 15. The house are a collaboration with the city and Habitat for Humanity. About 40 homeless people are expected to move in.
* "Would you support an ordinance prohibiting camping on the streets in Fairfield?" poll (2017-06-16, dailyrepublic.com) [is.gd/LmJbu8]
Yes: 96 percent
No: 4 percent
COMMUNITY FASCISM WATCH
Community Fascism in
/ itty-bitty Santa Cruz:
/ Vallejo, the "City of God":
Documenting human-rights abuse by domestic security agencies
[NorthbayCopwatch.blogspot.com] [copblock.org] [wecopwatch.org] [filmingcops.com], Berkeley Copwatch's "Know Your Rights" Pocket Card (.pdf) [is.gd/U20PRy] [berkeleycopwatch.org]
* "The Unwritten Law That Helps Bad Cops Go Free" (2017-06-21, nationalreview.com) [archive.is/sDrGt]
* "Los Angeles County deputies fatally shoot male suspect" (2017-06-23, AP Newswire, via dailyrepublic.com) [archive.fo/LtshA]
* "PA Supreme Court rules police dashcam videos are public record, as lawmakers vote opposite" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/XXsvS]
* "Ohio officer who kicked handcuffed man in head should be suspended for 24hrs – police chief" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/KFOX7]
* "Ex-cop avoids charges in killing of 23yo Milwaukee man" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/Nd7kA]
* "The federalization of local police: Why the Urban Shield vote failed; Jesse Arreguín not only failed to lead the resistance, but actually reversed votes the council had made in December 2015 to pull out of Urban Shield" (2017-06-21, by Tracy Rosenberg, via sfbayview.com) [archive.fo/ArpLL]
* "City of Berkeley to vote on Urban Shield war games and weapons expo" (2017-06-17, by Ann Garrison, KPFA Weekend News, via sfbayview.com) [archive.fo/eYJpb], photo caption: This is Urban Shield’s top-selling T-shirt.
- photo caption: Then Berkeley City Councilman Max Anderson speaks at a rally on April 14, 2015, condemning the brutality of militarized Berkeley police during a Black Lives Matter march earlier that year. They used batons, tear gas and projectiles against students from Berkeley High, Berkeley City College and UC Berkeley Black student unions.
* "Where are the police in the murder investigation of Humboldt State student David Josiah Lawson?" (2017-06-22, by Tina Sampay, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/KqO0I]
"War Against The Police"
An archive of articles documenting the facts for the narrative, "FBI Report Blames Black Lives Matter, Media for Killings of Police Officers" [archive.fo/2Xj9w]
* "Airport in Flint, Michigan evacuated after stabbing" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/Yl37W]
* "Ferguson attorney: Brown family settlement $1.5 million" (2017-06-23, AP Newswire) [archive.fo/0ZgV2]
Domestic Security Agencies and private-sector partners
[icwatch.transparencytoolkit.org]; "The Gentleperson’s Guide To Forum Spies (Spooks, Feds, etc.)" [archive.fo/rBbXu]; ES/OH techniques [archive.is/HchTA]
Metadata source materials -
* "The hackers offering public broadcasts from your home surveillance camera" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/mOPRo]
* "Nearly 200 mln US voters' personal info leaked by GOP" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/NuPhr]
* "$28 hacking software to break into webcams spreads in China" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/qaA6o]
International Security Agencies, the Five-Eyes, and transnational partners
* "#Vault7: CIA’s secret cyberweapon can infiltrate world’s most secure networks" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/Kxlau]
* "Brazilian govt may have blown cover of local CIA chief" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/kOd6S]
* "May announces new counter-extremism commission, review of counter-terror strategy" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/en9s6]
* "German intel agency spied on White House, State Dept & US military for years – report" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/He6RG]
* "Facebook & Twitter being used to manipulate public opinion, report claims" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/wRL2x]
* "Google tightens measures to remove extremist content on YouTube" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/s4NVy]
* "Google removed from list of banned sites in Russia that led to its limited access – watchdog" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/Awasr]
* "Google wants to build its own city in California" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/T3L4m]
from the Committee to
FREE 'EM ALL!
[PoliticalPrisonersUSA.blogspot.com] End the Drug War! Stop Jim Crow! Close the Torture Chambers!
[solitarywatch.com] [facebook.com/incarceratedworkers] [supportprisonerresistance.noblogs.org] [denverabc.wordpress.com] [prisonlegalnews.org] [prisonbooks.info] [nycabc.wordpress.com] [powmedicaljustice.com] [sacprisonersupport.wordpress.com]. Become a Human Rights Pen Pal! [link].
* "More than 300 inmates still housed in Phoenix Tent City Jail during heat wave" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/Wu6rT]
* "Muslims at Texas’ Clements Unit are being starved during Ramadan: ‘Don’t like it? Become a Christian’ " (2017-06-21, by Jason Renard Walker, Deputy Minister of Labor, NABPP-PC, via sfbayview.com) [archive.fo/Nf4Yr]
* "Why so many suicides at Lane Murray Unit, a Texas women’s prison?" (2017-06-15, by Britney Gulley, sfbayview.com) [archive.is/Jn9Z1], photo caption: “We are a commodity!” Britney Gulley declares, explaining that Lane Murray Unit keeps its ad-seg, where women are held indefinitely in solitary confinement, full for no other reason than the extra money the prison receives for prisoners in ad-seg. Here, Angela Moyo, with a dollar bill over her mouth, makes the same point: People do not equal dollars!
* "My Four Months as a Prison Guard" (2016-07, motherjones.com) [archive.is/PCp4J] [begin excerpt]: I started applying for jobs in private prisons because I wanted to see the inner workings of an industry that holds 131,000 of the nation’s 1.6 million prisoners. As a journalist, it’s nearly impossible to get an unconstrained look inside our penal system. When prisons do let reporters in, it’s usually for carefully managed tours and monitored interviews with inmates. Private prisons are especially secretive. Their records often aren’t subject to public access laws; CCA has fought to defeat legislation that would make private prisons subject to the same disclosure rules as their public counterparts. And even if I could get uncensored information from private prison inmates, how would I verify their claims? I keep coming back to this question: Is there any other way to see what really happens inside a private prison? [end excerpt]
* "Capitalism, the Biggest Manmade Evil" [is.gd/2Aimov]
Art: Kamau Mukuria (Comrade Pitt), 1197165, Red Onion Prison, P.O. Box 1900, Pound VA 24279. Comrade Pitt, who currently resides in the same Virginia prison where Rashid, now in Texas, was locked up when we first met him, is also, along with Rashid, Comrade Malik and Jason Renard Walker and countless others in prisons around the country, a proud member of the New Afrikan Black Panther Party, Prison Chapter (NABB-PC).
* "Who cares when children are taken from home to foster home – and abused?" (2017-60-03, by Michelle Chan, co-founder of Parents Against CPS Corruption, parentsagainstcpscorruption.com) [archive.fo/MECPJ]
LIBERATION FOR ALL!
THE HUMAN RIGHT TO EXISTENCE MUST BE PROTECTED!
* " 'Resistance Contingent' will lead SF Pride Parade" (2017-06-21, sfgate.com) [archive.fo/8fLf7]:
SF Pride has announced a "protest contingent" will lead off the San Francisco Pride Parade on Sunday.
The contingent will be protesting the Trump administration, which SF Pride says poses "imminent threats to destroy recent human rights gains."
The statement on SF Pride's website reads: "Encouraging all participants to send a strong message against the regression and exclusion demonstrated by the current administration in Washington D.C., this year's SF Pride Parade/March will be led by a large collection of resistance groups displeased with the lack of LGBT acceptance and support, and the imminent threats to destroy recent human rights gains."
It continues: "Eschewing the usual floats and music, representatives from about 20 diverse organizations will lead the Parade with an all-on-foot March down Market Street. Highlighting concerns ranging from women's rights to immigration policies and the profiling persecution of African Americans, these voices will lead the normally celebratory event with a political statement reminiscent of the very milestone it commemorates — The Stonewall Rebellion."
The group leading off the parade is officially called "The Resistance Contingent," and will include political action groups SF Black Community Matters, African Human Rights, DeGenderettes, Bay Area Queer People of Color, International Migrants Alliance, Harvey Milk LGBT Democratic Club, and the The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
The Los Angeles Pride Parade on June 11 went even further by rebranding itself as the "Resist March."
- Photo caption: Members of the LGBT community and their supporters participate in the Los Angeles Gay Pride Resist March, June 11, 2017 in Hollywood, California.
END PATRIARCHY! COMBAT MISOGYNY! [rejectedprincesses.com]
THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY IS FOR LIFE, NOT FOR PROFIT!
Health Administration Responsibility Project [harp.org]. Get your medical records [archive.fo/FdGcJ]. Transparency against physician malpractice [archive.fo/Q9VFr] [archive.fo/PEijF] [archive.fo/2sXwl] [archive.fo/hmWKp] [archive.fo/4NPdK] [archive.is/551Us]!
* "Dozens arrested protesting GOP health care bill; Several dozen protesters have been arrested after they gathered and chanted outside Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's office over a health care proposal by Senate Republicans" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/gRTZD], photo caption: US Capitol Police remove a woman from a protest in front of the office of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell inside the Russell Senate Office Building on Capitol Hill, on June 22, 2017.
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
Campaigns, info, and more [SanPabloBayEPA.blogspot.com]. Science [discardstudies.com]. [blog.savesfbay.org] [ecowatch.com]
* "Valero Refinery in Benicia announces flaring through Wednesday" (2017-06-20, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.fo/Qyhxq]: Intermittent flaring from the Valero Refinery that began on Friday will continue through Wednesday, officials told the City of Benicia.
According to Valero, the flaring is due to equipment work inside the refinery. Flaring is a safety measure that relieves pressure and burns gasses.
No shelter-in-place orders had been set as of Tuesday afternoon, but residents are encouraged to sign up for Alert Benicia (www.alertbenicia.org) to receive notifications.
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
Health and the Human Ecology
Monopolists enforce a regime that does not recognize the natural right to health and life. Info [detoxproject.org].
* "Vaccines can be blamed for diseases without any proof, EU top court rules" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/agx7y]
* "Missouri sues opioid manufacturers for fraud, hiding risks" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/OgMlh]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
Save The Birds [link]! and the Bees [link]!
A campaign to preserve and expand the habitat and populations of pollinators in the San Pablo Bay Area.
articles recommended by the
NO NUKES! campaign
[StopNuclearDeath.blogspot.com] [nuclear-news.net] [nukeresister.org] [nukefree.org]; National Radiation Map [radiationnetwork.com], depicting environmental radiation levels across the USA, updated in real time every minute.
* "US police arrest anti-nuclear weapons activists at UN; A number of anti-nuclear weapons activists have been arrested in New York during a protest against Washington’s decision to boycott negotiations on a nuclear weapons ban treaty" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/kLdPs], photo caption: New York Police Department officers detain anti-nuclear activists demonstrating in front of the United States Mission to the United Nations in New York, US, June 19, 2017.
* "Plutonium detected in urine of 5 workers after accident at Japan’s nuclear lab" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/gDz36]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY SOVEREIGNTY Think-tank
NORTHBAY ENTHEOGENIC FREEDOM
articles recommended by the Committee for
Protect Earth's Sentient Life!
* "Activists clash with traders as Chinese Dog Meat Festival gets underway" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/OmESZ]
Save the Whales!
* "Faroe Islanders slaughter whales by hand in annual hunt" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/X9dBi]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the process of fascism and for whom it benefits. [UnitedStatesFascism.blogspot.com] [exposefacts.org] [ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/index.html]
* "EpiPen maker’s losses on coal investments earn massive tax credits" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/wnhSL]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
President Donald Trump's regime:
* "Tech CEOS visit White House to talk modernizing government" (2017-06-19, AP newswire) [archive.fo/17VrJ]
* "President Trump meets with CEOs of US tech giants" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/AYS87]
* " 'I just don't want a poor person': Trump defends billionaire cabinet picks in Iowa rally" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/V0Ch7]
* "Depp's 'Assassin' Comments the latest in Celebrity Anger" (2017-06-23, AP Newswire) [archive.fo/JHeCe]
* "Russian hackers targeted 21 US states' vote systems in 2016: Official; An official with the US Homeland Security says Russian hackers targeted 21 election systems in different US states during the 2016 race, which yielded President Donald Trump" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/ZkT8e]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
Against Socialism, for War and Profit
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
"Libertarian" Capitalists & "Constitutionalist" constraints against democracy
[alibertarianfuture.com] [fff.org] [mises.org]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
"Dominionist" Capitalism & the "Prosperity Gospel" ideology
Persecution Belief [archive.fo/raPTj]; Ideology [archive.is/rClcp]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
The Military State
[archive.defense.gov/contracts]; [airforce.com] "Air, Space, Cyberspace"
* "House subcommittee largely rubber stamps Trump’s 2018 special ops budget" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/h5GtG] [begin excerpt]: Cyber warfare weapons and drone aircrafts are among the technology the House subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities has signed off on in President Donald Trump’s $12.3 billion budget for special operations (.pdf) [is.gd/CskuwU].
The sub panel has endorsed the bill’s request for $12.3 billion, which will go to wartime funding and US Special Operations Command. On Tuesday, it released its portion of the draft bill, according to Defense News. [end excerpt]
* "F-35s back in the air, despite lingering mystery of oxygen system failures" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/HKMl8]
* "F-16 catches fire on takeoff in Texas, pilot ejects" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/wLTuP]
* "Dirty instruments at base clinic put US troops at risk of HIV, hepatitis – Air Force" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/ew4H2]
* "Pentagon wasted $93 million on 'forest' camouflage uniforms for Afghan troops – report" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/Ez6aG]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
Two Party Dictatorship
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
State Media Watch
Documenting propaganda issued by the monopolist media and members of the state security regime that uphold the economic dictatorship, imperialist wars, and the "New Jim Crow" regime [mediamatters.org] [onlinecensorship.org]
* "Chinese tycoon rebuts untrue NYT report about his American factory" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/fL64f]
* "Chinese glass tycoon denounces New York Times story" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/zWd8q] [begin excerpt]:
Chinese billionaire Cao Dewang on Tuesday said the New York Times story on June 10 about the "culture clash" at Fuyao Glass America failed to tell the truth about Fuyao in an interview with the Global Times.
The New York Times reported that Fuyao faces "an acrimonious union campaign by the United Automobile Workers" and a lawsuit by a former manager who says he was "let go" partly because he is not Chinese.
"About 40 percent of the story is untrue," Cao noted. "They could not straighten up their content sources when approached by our PR department."
The controversies swirl around the operation of Moraine auto glass plant outside Dayton, Ohio, in which Fuyao has invested one billion dollars in set up over the past three years and now has over 2,000 workers. The plant is reported to be the largest auto glass production site in the world.
Cao commented on the ongoing lawsuit between Fuyao and ousted vice president Dave Burrows, calling the suit "legally meritless".
"Even if we lose, it is a labor dispute and our insurance company will pay," Cao said, adding that overseas investments often encounter this sort of situation.
That suit, in which Burrows alleged he was improperly fired based in national origin, was recently moved to the US District Court.
Cao said that he was surprised that some Chinese media used fake headlines, such as "Employees of Fuyao US plant take to the street," to lure readers, and he hopes to see serious reports and analysis, rather than exaggerated and fabricated words.
Cao expressed he has no objection against the US workers union, which in part reflects the culture.
"I have 20 years of experience investing in the US, and my company actually has good relations with the union."
He added that his company has talked with the local officials in Ohio and the state government supports him in letting people know the truth.
Cao even questioned the New York Times' purpose of publishing the story on June 10, just days before an investment summit in the US.
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
Artificial Poverty and Starvation
* "High anxiety: Americans among most tense people in the world, survey finds" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/i8lun]
* "Ford shifts production of Focus to China after Trump said he prevented Mexico move" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/s7KJk]
* "In the Killing Zone: Violence has claimed the lives of 114 teens in Sacramento since 2007, with a higher murder rate than state and national averages for this age group. Nearly all were killed by guns, about 40 percent are unsolved, and all leave families desperately clinging to memories of lost children and dreams of what lives they may have led" (2017-06-22, sacbee.com) [archive.fo/wnsjH]
* "14 Baltimore neighborhoods have lower life expectancies than North Korea" (2015-04-30, washingtonpost.com) [archive.fo/hf7D2]
* "North Korean defector says no homelessness in Pyongyang; Kim Ryon-hui, the North Korean defector who had said she was tricked into traveling to South Korea by Seoul’s spies in China, said life is better in the North" (2016-03-04, UPI newswire) [archive.fo/VTVxP]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Nations exist alongside the Federal [archive.fo/VXoPR], and State governance [archive.fo/Cz2uF]. Demographic maps: 2000 [archive.fo/nXHXz], 2010 [archive.fo/nKbSA], religion [archive.fo/XArBS]. The New Afrikan nation, and the nation of Nueva Aztlan, each have their own separate sections on this news page.
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Sovereign nations of the "Indian Country", and of traditional lodges.
Map [archive.fo/s4FYb]; News [indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com] [bsnorrell.blogspot.com]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Kingdom of Hawai‘i / Occupied State of the Hawaiian Islands
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (USA territory) and the Boriqueno nation
USA Homeland's resident nations:
American Nation, including the State Sovereignty campaigns, and Dominionist Campaigns. [tenthamendmentcenter.com]
* "America’s ‘white alone’ population decreasing while all other ethnic groups grow – census data" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/NNN0c]
* "KKK 'still a threat to society', 42 groups remain active in 33 US states: report" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/wNUCk] [begin excerpt]:
Struggling to 'rebrand' -
In a bid to attract new members, Ku Klux Klan groups have targeted other states such as New York and Ohio in recent months.
Earlier this month, a KKK group handed out flyers in New York for its rally in Virginia in July. The group called itself the “Kool Kids Klub” in the advertisement, local media reported.
In February, residents in the same area also saw Valentine's Day-themed KKK advertisements saying “Love your own race.” [end excerpt]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the global economic dictatorship
* "Europe must defend ‘liberal world order,’ limit Chinese & Russian influence – German minister" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/vAKGv], a neo-Liberal Order being responsible for trans-national operations murdering millions and imposing an economic regime that includes death-squads and artificial starvation...
* (2017-06-21, Gunnar Angeles): The neoliberal economic model has been promoted by the USA as the universal solution for all nations, but it has destroyed entire economies, including developed ones in Europe. This was the original [archive.is/u3jIX]. It was so stupid considering none of those nations are Socialist, so I fixed it.
WORLD FASCISM WATCH:
A study of the personal ideologies and social practices of those who benefit from the global capitalist regime. [WorldFascists.blogspot.com]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH:
Vanguards of European racial supremacy
Golden Dawn International [golden-dawn-international-newsroom.blogspot.com], European Knights Project [europeanknightsproject.com/category/ekp-news], English Asatru News [englishnews.org/news-central.html], Council of European Canadians [eurocanadian.ca], Albion's People [albionofengland.blogspot.com]. [saxonmessenger.christogenea.org]
* "Hitler busts among Nazi relics found in secret room in Argentina" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/IDMew]
* "Islamophobic hate crime up 500% in Manchester after Arena bombing" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/Yw9bu]
* "Arrest in case of swastika graffiti at midtown Catholic church" (2017-06-23, sacbee.com) [archive.fo/niehO] [begin excerpt]: Nico Kade Traversie, 23, already jailed by Citrus Heights police, got another charge of vandalism added for allegedly marring the exterior walls of St. Francis Catholic church in midtown Sacramento.
Two swastikas were found painted in black on the K Street side of the St. Francis of Assisi Parish the morning of June 17, said the Rev. Desmond O’Reilly. [end excerpt]
information collected by the exploratory committee towards a
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL
[SolanoPeaceJustice.blogspot.com], for justice, dignity and human rights in accordance with the 1966 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (.pdf) [is.gd/TftqGs], and an end to the USA's endless wars, in harmony with Principle 1 & 6 of International Law [archive.fo/tmncz], the 5 protocols of the Convention on Conventional Weapons (CCW) [archive.fo/LhUTj], and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights [archive.fo/U1Ota].
Peace News [peaceblog.wordpress.com], Costs of War (Brown University) [watson.brown.edu/costsofwar].
* "US stuck in 20th-century foreign policy with wars & bases across globe – leading economist" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/ZKY9b]
* "America illegally at war for a long time now – US Senator Rand Paul" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/3R6fL]
* "Pentagon’s report paints grim picture of Afghanistan in 2017" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/pIN5Z]
* "WikiLeaks disclosures on Iraq, Afghanistan did not damage US – report" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/dKNab]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL:
Justice for Refugees!
* "World Refugee Day: 65.6 million people displaced worldwide" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/6SbCD]
* "UNHCR official: Refugees are not a burden" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/raAHx]
* "Most refugees to stay jobless for years – German minister" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/p4IyG]
* "Starbucks to hire thousands of refugees to serve Europeans coffee" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/o7V5H]
* "Viewers hit ‘dislike’ on #MoreThanARefugee YouTube campaign" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/8Qda4]
* "Mikdad on World Refugee Day: Syria deals with refugees within the humanitarian framework" (2017-06-20, sana.sy) [archive.fo/X84ec]
* "Painting the pain away: Syrian refugee in Amman draws for peace" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/ajLfI]
* "Syrian refugees in Turkey take on new life as circus performers" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/eM8mQ]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL's
NEW COLD WAR NEWS
* "Trump lacks Syria strategy, risks confrontation with Russia and Iran, analysts say; US President Donald Trump has ordered increased military operations in Syria and delegated more authority to his generals despite lacking a comprehensive strategy, an approach that may spark a confrontation with Syria, Iran and Russia, according to US officials and analysts" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/xjwC8]
* "US at risk of military conflict with Russia, Iran in Syria: Senator; A US senator has warned against the United States' measures in Syria, which is pushing Washington 'closer and closer' to a military conflict with Iran and Russia, describing the move as 'another mistake on the scope of the Iraq War' " (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/oApUG]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: People's Republic of China & the SCO
* "Diplomatic and Security Dialogue to push forward China-US ties" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/kA12n]
* "First China-US Diplomatic & Strategic Dialogue takes place for mutual understanding" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/0wPfJ]
* "China, U.S. kick off inaugural diplomatic, security dialogue" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/YhsOm], (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/nFYne]
* "Security dialogue plays key role between China-US relations" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/5eyIc]
* "US-China Dialogue aims to create win-win opportunities in trade" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/zOBRr]
* "China hopeful on regional stability after first China-US security dialogue – FM" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/91Qem]
* "Highlights of first China-US diplomatic and security dialogue" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/E38S9]
* "China invites Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner to visit" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/mDjmx]
* "US Commerce Secretary pledges fair treatment for Chinese investment" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/nJSA6]
* "The Select USA Investment Summit helps Chinese investment enter the US market" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/pcSW8]
* "Chinese premier encourages US businesses to contribute to bilateral trade" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/E03og], (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/aPN1Q], photo caption: Chinese Premier Li Keqiang (2nd R) meets with a group of U.S. business leaders and former U.S. officials, who are here for the ninth dialogue with their Chinese counterparts, in Beijing, capital of China, June 20, 2017.
* "Michigan Lt Governor: Alibaba is perfect platform for U.S. SMEs" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/ky1YI]
* "China greenlights imports of U.S. beef" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/VHoYN]
* "Tillerson, Mattis clarify Trump’s China attack; US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Pentagon chief James Mattis have tried to clarify President Donald Trump’s criticism of China over its failure to rein in North Korea" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/KP7Iu]
* "China urges EC to stop using surrogate country approach" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/MbafG]
* "The 100-day plan: Additional pragmatic achievements expected" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/inbNy]:
Sun Jiwen, Chinese Ministry of Commerce spokesman, said China and the US are discussing the outcome of their "100-day Plan" and that additional pragmatic achievements are expected.
He said early outcomes have been achieved in many areas, including agricultural trade, investment, energy and financial services. Officials from both countries reached agreement on details concerning US beef exports to China.
"The US Ministry of Agriculture has carried out the indispensable domestic procedures. In order to achieve the goal of exporting US beef to China, import and export enterprises from the two countries are actively cooperating with each other. I believe that we will see fruitful achievements soon,” said Sun.
* "Assessing Jack Ma’s vow to create 1 million US jobs after Detroit roadshow" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/S0pXX]
* "Why did a US lawyer insist on meeting Jack Ma in Detroit?" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/I00I0]
* "Xi, Trump to meet at G20 Hamburg Summit" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/NpqYH]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Federation of Russia & the Eurasian Union
* "After the ISIS War, a US-Russia Collision?" (2017-06-19, by Patrick J. Buchanan) [archive.is/U4B8j]
* "U.S.-Russia tensions on the rise" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/1prQr]:
With U.S.-Russia tensions on the rise especially over disagreements involving the war in Syria, U.S. experts said that though not as hostile as they were in the Cold War, ties are certainly at their frostiest in several years and may get worse before they get better.
This was underscored by reports on Tuesday that an armed Russian fighter jet buzzed within five feet of a U.S. Air Force reconnaissance plane in the Baltic Sea, which happened after U.S. planes shot down a Syrian air force jet on Sunday.
U.S.-Russia tensions are high in Syria after the Kremlin warned it would target any U.S.-led coalition's aircraft flying west of the Euphrates River.
"U.S.-Russia relations are frosty," Brookings Institution Senior Fellow Darrell West told Xinhua.
"Trump has not delivered on his promise for better relations with Moscow and the Congress is moving towards expanding sanctions against Russia," West said.
"There are disagreements on the Syrian war and each country harbors grave suspicions about the other. It is hard in this type of situation for there to be any cooperation on foreign policy issues," West said.
"The two countries don't see eye-to-eye on many issues," West said, noting that Trump spent considerable time on the campaign trail promising closer relations with Russia.
"This relationship could get worse before it gets better. The Syrian situation could escalate quickly into a hot war if Russia shoots down a U.S. military plane. That would be considered as an egregious action by members of Congress and there would be demands for President Trump to retaliate against Russia. There very well could be a proxy war in the Middle East against Russia," West said.
Nile Gardiner, director of the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom at The Heritage Foundation, told Xinhua that he does not believe Russia would want to risk a war in Syria with the United States.
Russia is no longer a global power, and the country's power is limited to Europe, said Gardiner. The nation does not have much ability to project its power globally, he added.
In sharp contrast, the United States is a global super power, he said. Moreover, while the leadership of the previous U.S. administration was lacking in the Middle East, the current one's leadership is much more engaged in the region, Gardiner added.
"I believe that the United States and Russia will seek to de-escalate the situation, as neither nation considers Syria as a core interest despite the many alliances and coalitions for both countries," said Dan Mahaffee, senior vice president and director of policy at the Center for the Study of Congress and the Presidency.
"That said, both countries will need to manage the potential for miscalculation in highly conflicted airspace and chaotic battlefields, as well as the increasing tensions between the United States and Iran in this conflict," he said.
* "Will Syrian tensions bring up US-Russia engagement on battle field?" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/tVWro]
* "Russia shoring up western defenses to counter NATO buildup; Russia has ordered restructuring of its military deployments along its western border in response to NATO’s buildup in the region" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/4ft7l]
* "Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault" (2017-60-23, washingtonpost.com) [archive.fo/s4Ss2]. Obama knowingly and is proud to have murdered over a million Libyans while supporting Islamist supremacists (2011), and Putin opposes such actions in Syria, thereby saving millions of people and disrupting USA goals of hegemony over the Syrian oilfields...
* "Putin, Trump may meet in Germany, but no agreement yet: Kremlin" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/a5702]
* "New US sanctions 'destructive,' hinder improvement of bilateral relations – Russian Foreign Ministry" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/lx93d]
* "U.S. imposes new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/Y3NPR]
* "U.S. defense secretary, Ukrainian president meet in Washington D.C." photo set (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/Me8Db], photo caption: U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis (R) and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko walk to the Pentagon in Washington D.C., the United States, on June 20, 2017.
* "Ukrainian president says held 'effective’ talks with Trump on arms provision; Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko says he has had 'very effective' talks with US President Donald Trump during a visit to Washington about the US’s provision of 'defensive' lethal weapons to Ukraine" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/1yHXf]
* (2017-06-22, Gunnar Angeles) [archive.is/T7muc]: Donald Trump and Petro Poroshenko have so much in common. They are both billionaire oligarchs with a history of corruption that have exploited ethnic hatred the become president. #AzovBattalion #MisanthropicDivision
* "Lavrov slams Washington’s latest round of anti-Russia sanctions; Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has slammed the US’s 'Russophobe obsession' after Washington intensifies its anti-Moscow trade sanctions over its alleged complicity in the Ukraine crisis" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/eTJJ5]
* "Iran, Russia sanctions bill faces procedural problem in US House; A bill aimed at imposing new sanctions on Iran and Russia has hit a roadblock in the US House of Representatives" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/OdKj2]
* " 'US seeks to blame own actions in Ukraine on Russia' ; Mike Harris, editor of Veterans Today, believes US sanctions against Russia over its alleged complicity in the Ukraine crisis are an attempt to 'scapegoat' Moscow into taking the blame for the 'aggressive moves' Washington has made in the war-torn country" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/s3M1O]
* "Russia considers retaliatory sanctions against US" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/Zn12V]
* "Moscow cancels meeting with top US diplomat over new sanctions batch" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/gPff4]
* "Russian deputy FM cancels meeting with U.S. counterpart over new sanctions" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/kZp7I]
* "Russia cancels meeting with US diplomats after sanctions" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/mnbx6]
* " ‘NATO buildup on Russian borders erodes global security’ – Moscow" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/cEBdi]
* "Russia expresses concern over NATO drills" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/aXrmF]
* " 'Provocative' Russian Jet Comes Within 5 Feet Of US Recon Aircraft" (2017-06-20, zerohedge.com) [archive.fo/PBULV]
* "US spy plane carried out ‘provocative turn’ toward Russian fighter jet over Baltic – Moscow" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/dupHl]
* "Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/O1DXT]
* "US releases photos of 'unsafe' Russian jet intercept" (2017-06-23, AP Newswire, via sfgate.com) [archive.is/WVldN]: The U.S. European Command has released dramatic photos of a Russian jet coming within a few feet of a U.S. Air Force reconnaissance jet over the Baltic Sea in a maneuver that has been criticized as unsafe.
The photographs released Friday show the Russian SU-27 coming so close to the wing of the U.S. RC-135U that the Russian pilot can be seen in the cockpit in some images.
Intercepts are common and are usually considered routine, but EUCOM said in this case on June 19 "due to the high rate of closure speed and poor control of the aircraft during the intercept, this interaction was determined to be unsafe."
Two days later, Sweden summoned Russia's ambassador after another SU-27 jet flew close to a Swedish Gulfstream reconnaissance plane over the Baltic.
- Photos: [archive.fo/eCOWu] [archive.fo/2QOKv] [archive.fo/Ef9lQ] [archive.fo/twOay] [archive.fo/uztbf] [archive.fo/wENcD] [archive.fo/kSM0E]
* "Media Claim Putin Showed Stone Video Of U.S. Forces Claiming Its Russian Air Force. Kremlin Denies" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/WB0Xb]
* " 'Why would he fake it?': Oliver Stone responds to allegations Putin showed him 'wrong' Syria video" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/sN5YH]
* "EU extends sanctions against Russia over Ukraine crisis; EU leaders have agreed to extend sanctions against Russia for another six months due to what they call Moscow’s failure to comply with its Ukraine ceasefire commitments" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/tGzcj]
* " ‘Neither conscience nor reason’: Russian MP blasts Polish bill targeting Red Army monuments" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/S063F]
* "Almost half of Australians wary of China military threat – poll" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/4EDr1]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: The ALBA states
* "Venezuela's troubles expose South America's divisions" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/4lEJg]
* "Venezuela dares US to ‘send in marines’ amid crisis, threatens ‘crushing response’ " (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/1MMen]
* "Venezuela dares US to send in Marines as crisis in the country continues; Venezuela has dared the US to “send in the Marines” after Washington tries to initiate a regional plan over the crisis in the country" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/L8qiE]
* "Venezuela takes center stage at OAS meeting in Mexico" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/8LY9a]
* Statement by the Revolutionary Government of Cuba (2017-06-17) [archive.is/cDXBe] [begin excerpt]: In what constitutes a setback in the relations between both countries, President Trump, gave a speech and signed a policy directive titled “National Security Presidential Memorandum”, which provides the elimination of private educational “people-to-people” exchanges and greater control over all travelers to Cuba, as well as the prohibition of business, trade and financial transactions between US companies and certain Cuban companies linked to the Armed Revolutionary Forces and the intelligence and security services, under the alleged objective of depriving us from income. The US president justified this policy with alleged concerns over the human rights situation in Cuba and the need to rigorously enforce the US blockade laws, conditioning its lifting, as well as any improvements in US-Cuba bilateral relations to our country’s making changes inherent to its constitutional order.
Trump also abrogated Presidential Policy Directive “Normalization of Relations between the United States and Cuba”, issued by President Obama on October 14, 2016. Although said Directive did not conceal the interventionist character of the US policy nor the fact that its main purpose was to advance US interests in order to bring about changes in the economic, political and social systems of our country, it did recognize Cuba’s independence, sovereignty and self-determination and the Cuban government as a legitimate and equal interlocutor, as well as the benefits that a civilized coexistence would have for both countries and peoples despite the great differences that exist between both governments. The Directive also conceded that the blockade is an obsolete policy and that it should be lifted. [...]
The Government of Cuba rejects political manipulation and double standards in human rights. The Cuban people enjoy fundamental rights and freedoms and can proudly show some achievements that are still a chimera for many countries of the world, including the United States, such as the right to health, education and social security; equal pay for equal work, children’s rights as well as the rights to food, peace and development. Cuba, with its modest resources, has also contributed to the improvement of the human rights situation in many countries of the world, despite the limitations inherent to its condition as a blockaded country.
The United States are not in the position to teach us lessons. We have serious concerns about the respect for and guarantees of human rights in that country, where there are numerous cases of murders, brutality and abuses by the police, particularly against the African-American population; the right to life is violated as a result of the deaths caused by fire arms; child labor is exploited and there are serious manifestations of racial discrimination; there is a threat to impose more restrictions on medical services, which will leave 23 million persons without health insurance; there is unequal pay between men and women; migrants and refugees, particularly those who come from Islamic countries, are marginalized; there is an attempt to put up walls that discriminate against and denigrate neighbor countries; and international commitments to preserve the environment and address climate change are abandoned.
Also a source of concern are the human rights violations by the United States in other countries, such as the arbitrary detention of tens of prisoners in the territory illegally occupied by the US Naval Base in Guantánamo, Cuba, where even torture has been applied; extrajudicial executions and the death of civilians caused by drones; as well as the wars unleashed against countries like Iraq, under false pretenses like the possession of weapons of mass destruction, with disastrous consequences for the peace, security and stability in the Middle East.
It should be recalled that Cuba is a State Party to 44 international human rights instruments, while the US is only a State Party to 18. Therefore, we have much to show, say and defend. [end excerpt]
* "Cuba slams Trump for revisiting failed Cold War policy" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/SzExh]
* " ‘Total regress’: Trump would blame Havana for climate change, if he believed in it – Cuban FM to RT" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/St7xq]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)
* "US supersonic bombers to drill with ally Seoul warplanes over Korean Peninsula" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/LDhsY]
* "US bombers to conduct mock bombing raids in Korean Peninsula" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/UEYyF]
* "South Korea Delays THAAD Deployment – What Next?" (2017-06-19, by Michael Brady) [archive.fo/01Q77]
* "Moon says hopes for North Korea talks by year's end" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/F3IoX]
* "South Korea approves DPRK taekwondo delegation visit" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/icYWD]
* "South and North Korea may team up in 2018 Winter Olympic peace plan" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/jOKuw], photo caption: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un visits Masikryong Ski Resort
* "North Korea ‘top security threat,’ US & China officials agree" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/CuL9i]
* "Trump: China failed to rein in North Korea's nuclear program; US President Donald Trump says China has failed to persuade North Korea to rein in its nuclear program, ratcheting up the rhetoric after an American student detained by Pyongyang died days after his release" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/seHni]
* "China welcomes solutions to Korean Peninsula nuclear issue, says Foreign Ministry" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/vhkwr]
* "China, ROK eye for improvement of ties" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/bW0St]
* "US, ROK, Japan show force towards DPRK" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/o1msh]
* "Japan testing missile interceptors as DPRK threat looms large" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/ecug8]
* "US demands liberation of three Americans held in North Korea; The United States has called on North Korea to release 'as soon as possible,' three Americans who are still detained by Pyongyang, following the death of the college student, Otto Warmbier" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/mu5Ti]
* "S. Korean president says THAAD deployment 'mysteriously' accelerated" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/HgwMV]
* "DPRK open to talks if US stops military drills – DPRK diplomat" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/9JaDE]
* "DPRK accuses US of deploying warship to spy" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/wev0V]
* "China willing to keep working with US on DPRK issue, says senior official" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/6BbBz]
* "Dennis Rodman Defends North Korea, Takes Credit for Otto Warmbier’s Release; 'People don’t see … the good side about that country,' former NBA star tells ABC" (2017-06-23, thewrap.com) [archive.is/5zmnH]
* "Australian National University professor labels Otto Warmbier ‘a liar’ and ‘a convenient actor’ " (2016-03-18, leonidpetrov.wordpress.com) [archive.is/VbY8K]
* "Was Otto Warmbier an American Student or an Israeli Spy?" (2017-06-22, gilad.co.uk) [archive.is/5H214]: For a few days we have been perplexed by the story of Otto Warmbier and his tragic death.
Warmbier, 22, was traveling on a tour of North Korea last year when he was arrested and sentenced to 15 years of hard labor for stealing a propaganda poster. Following international outrage, North Korea agreed to release him admitting that he had suffered a severe neurological injury. Doctors at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center reported that Warmbier was unresponsive and has suffered extensive brain damage.
Today, pretty much, out of the blue, the Jewish press announced that Warmbier was a Jewish boy [archive.is/Yh0wY], active with Hillel at the University of Virginia. In addition, Warmbier visited Israel at least once.
In 2014, Warmbier went on a Birthright mission to Israel, where he received a Hebrew name. Following the trip, he became involved with Hillel and the Jewish community on campus.
Rabbi Jake Rubin described Warmbier as “a beloved member of our Hillel community.”
“He was a regular at Bagels on Lawn, celebrated Shabbat and holidays at Hillel, and even led a seder for other students that focused on issues of environmentalism and sustainability,” Rabbi Rubin wrote.
And now the six million dollar question. Was Warmbier an Israeli spy? Who knows, but it is likely that someone in North Korea thought he was.
We know that Israel and North Korea are extremely hostile towards each other. North Korea has never recognised the Jewish State and in 1988 it recognised the State of Palestine as including all of Israel. Israel often accuses North Korea of trading arms with Hamas and Syria.
Peculiarly, not a single MSM outlet has referred to Warmbier's ties with Israel. Until his last hours, Israel and the Jewish community kept silent about Warmbier’s Jewish identity, his Zionist affiliation and his visit to Israel. Maybe this silence is more revealing than anything else.
* (2017-06-23, Gunnar Angeles) [archive.is/Nw53l]: It seems like Warmbier's family, or perhaps the US state dept. pressuring them, isn't so much interested in the truth, but would rather exploit Otto's death to justify more imperialist aggression against the DPRK.
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Arab Republic of Syria
* "Assad, allies to prevail in Syria, drive US out: Ex-US envoy; A former American ambassador to Syria says the Syrian government and its allies, including Iran, will ultimately frustrate attempts by the United States to influence Syrian matters and will drive the US out of the Arab country" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/v1wNa]
* "France’s Macron says Assad removal no longer necessary; French President Emmanuel Macron said his country no longer deems the removal of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as a precondition for resolving the conflict in the Arab country" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/p0Tyh]
* "France’s Macron sees no ‘legitimate successor’ to Assad, declares terrorism a common enemy in Syria" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/J58iv]
* "Foreign-sponsored Syria opposition losing influence: Russia FM; Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Syria’s opposition groups, which are being sponsored by foreign countries, are progressively losing their power" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/cyL9e]
* "Lavrov: Coordination with Syrian Government should be done, full sovereignty of Syria should be respected" (2017-06-19, sana.sy) [archive.fo/DI2Sj]
* "Moscow: increasing number of US troops in southern Syria illegal" (2017-06-20, sana.sy) [archive.fo/nMoDy]
* "UN raises alarm over rise in contacts between Israel troops, Syria militants; United Nations UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has expressed concerns about a spike in contacts between Israeli armed forces and Syria militants in recent months" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/ch28x]
* "US senator: US strikes on Syrian forces ‘completely illegal’ ; US Senator Tim Kaine has sharply condemned US military strikes on Syrian government forces as 'completely illegal' " (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/NX6Kz]
* "Downing of Syrian jet proves US support for terrorism: Damascus; Damascus has written to the United Nations, saying the recent US downing of a Syrian air force jet shows beyond any doubt Washington’s backing for terrorism" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/1aTkl]
* " ‘US-led coalition protects ISIS by targeting Syrian forces’ – family of downed plane pilot" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/E9MQi]
* "China’s special envoy calls for patience to resolve Syria crisis" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/rcOFM]
* "Report: CIA boss held secret talks with Syrian spy chief" (2017-06-23, AP Newswire) [archive.is/B1g9r]
* "Father of Aleppo boy reveals truth behind image of 'Boy in the Ambulance' " (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/5G2Oj]:
The father of the young Syrian boy, who captured the world's attention last August when images of him sitting in an ambulance after an air strike were widely circulated across the Internet, exposed the truth about how the "white helmets" had used his son and lied to the world in an interview with CGTN.
When his blood-and dust-covered face made the pain of war more tangible, the four-year-old boy, Omran Daqneesh, became a symbol of civilian suffering in the city of Aleppo last year. Yet a young boy is not supposed to know what war feels like, and his father certainly did not want the distressing media attention or infamy.
Eight months later, Omran and his family sat down with CGTN, only this time the boy's cheeks were pudgier and his face cleaner.
Omran sustains 'minor injuries'
Omran’s father, Mohamad Kheir Daqneesh, told CGTN reporter that the Syrian opposition had exaggerated his son's injuries.
"He only sustained minor injuries. I was injured as well, and it was my blood on his head," explained Daqneesh. "I refused to cooperate with them (Syrian opposition), then they said Omran died via their media. They are not to be trusted.”
The father said that he was urged to succumb to the narrative that the Syrian government was responsible for bombing his neighborhood, and some journalists even offered him 10,000 US dollars to decry President Bashar al-Assad, which he refused.
While reviewing the footage from last August, you may find the two White Helmets' actions disturbingly abnormal. The Syrian Civil Defense is a self-appointed, all Syrian, volunteer force of rescue workers who call themselves the White Helmets.
In the footage, a man in a yellow vest placed Omran on an orange seat. Orman sat there making no sound barely blinked, and the man in the yellow vest bent down to get a walkie-talkie and disappeared, then another man with a camera started to film Omran.
Father receives death threats
Meanwhile, Daqneesh said he feared for his son's safety after the first images spread across the Internet. He even changed Omran's name and haircut to hide the boy from media attention and the rebel forces.
It wasn't until the Syrian government took full control of Aleppo that he felt safe again and decided to tell the truth.
"Because I remained silent, reluctant to slander the Assad government, I had received numerous death threats," said Daqneesh.
Even so, the father insisted on staying in the city, turning down invitations of multiple international organizations to come to their country and settle down.
"We had lived a beautiful life here, and it is wrong to leave during crisis." stressed the father.
'Son of peace in Syria'
Now, Daqneesh has returned to his former business, running a machine mill.
He expressed that his family's living standards have greatly improved since the Syrian government took full control of the city, and Omran would start school next year.
"They all call him (Omran) the son of war, but I hope he will become the son of peace in Syria one day."
Should Omran be the symbol of anything, let him be the symbol of not just what war looks like, but the urge for war to end. While it is impossible to ignore the miserable situation in Syrian, it is equally so to turn a blind eye to Western complicity.
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Islamic Republic of Iran
* "Iran slams ‘brazen interventionist plan’ after Tillerson’s call for regime change" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/r45ID]
* "Tillerson violated international law by anti-Iran comments, analyst says; Recent remarks made by US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson were a clear violation of international law, says an academic" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/6GVsa]
* "Iran urges Saudi Arabia to free fishermen; Iran has called on Saudi Arabia to swiftly free the three Iranian fishermen who had wandered into Saudi waters because of tumult in the sea and who have been detained by the Saudi coastguard" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/JwJG6]
* "Iranophobia aimed at diverting attention from Israel: Houthi leader; Leader of Yemen's Ansarullah movement Abdul-Malik Badreddin al-Houthi has slammed the ongoing efforts to divert attention from Israel’s hostile policies by inciting Iranophobia among regional countries" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/TjTBF]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL's
* " 'Iron Wolf 2017' military exercise held in Lithuania" photo set (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/2bMRW]
- Photo caption: Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg visit the media day training of the "Iron Wolf 2017" military exercise in Jonava District, Lithuania, on June 20, 2017. Iron wolf 2017, Lithuania's largest multinational military training, is officially held from June 12 to June 23, gathering around 5,300 military personnel from ten NATO member countries.
- Photo caption: Photo taken on June 20, 2017 shows the location of water obstacle crossing operation of the "Iron Wolf 2017" military exercise on the media day in Jonava District, Lithuania.
* "Three injured as NATO SUV crashes into car carrying Lithuanian students" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/spAf5]
* "German MPs vote for troop withdrawal from Turkish Incirlik base after visitation row with Ankara" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/e2Ei2]
Articles reflecting the views of war planners
Weapons for a New World Order & the Militarization of Space
* "Jack Ma warns about dangers of artificial intelligence" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/L18Jr]
World Context & Events
Including information on Institutions of Self-Government not recognized by the United Nations, as defined by the USA State Dept.'s legal statement supporting unilateral declarations of independence (2009-07) (.pdf) [is.gd/6MJUTQ], and by the UN International Court (2010-07-22) [archive.fo/mc6sX], recognizing the jurisdictions of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) (.pdf) [is.gd/ek1oFs] including EEZ territorial boundaries [archive.fo/wl8Oj], the Antarctic Treaty System (ATS) [archive.fo/UtXrm]. Notes on Diplomatic Recognition [archive.fo/qGIGd]. 1933 Montevideo Convention on the Rights and Duties of States declares that "a State as a person of international law should possess a permanent population, a defined territory, a government and the capacity to enter into relations with other States."
Evaluated by Bay Area MPD Committees, serving as a 5th World News service [FifthWorldNews.blogspot.com], more news sites: [globalresearch.ca] [southfront.org] [fmso.leavenworth.army.mil] [corpwatch.org] [fpif.org]
Energy & Resource Extraction:
International Energy Agency (IEA) [iea.org]
* "Solar, wind power to become cheaper than coal - Bloomberg" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/qZtUa]
* "China's mining of combustible ice beats expectations" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/6VtYg], (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/BJGB6]
* "Oil prices sink to 7-mo lows on growing global oversupply" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/eEYnf]
* "Iran blames U.S. output rise for plunge in global crude prices" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/DmHEi]
* "Iran blames high US output for falling oil prices; Iran has blamed a recent rise in US oil production for the plunge in global prices of crude oil" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/9sNaO]
Instruments of the World Market Regime:
* "Germany's Merkel vows not to give up on EU-US free trade deal; German Chancellor Angela Merkel has vowed that she will not give up on a free trade deal between the European Union and the United States, saying she also tries to work out a 'broad agreement' on trade at the upcoming summit of the G20" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/6ZEww]
* "Russia faces shortage of PC graphics cards due to Bitcoin mining" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/ZuBGl]
Space Race: The Partitioning of Planets
The Outer Space Treaty (OST) [archive.fo/CLCXG]; Space Law [archive.fo/QuYL1]; USA Space Property Law [archive.fo/beU61] , USA space mining law [archive.fo/5HG4r] [archive.fo/Y8ZVV] [archive.fo/w57h7] [archive.fo/6hZIR]
* "Introducing Asgardia, the first nation in outer space" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/KmQfm]
* "4D printing to make packing for outer space much easier" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/r18UR]
Global Anarchist vanguards & autonomous zones
[anarchistnews.org] [ainfos.ca] [libcom.org] [anarchiststudies.org] [a-revolt.org] [wsm.ie] [facebook.com/SolidarityTimes] [redblack.org] [cnt-f.org] [insurrectionnewsworldwide.com] [anarchisthistory.noblogs.org]
World Anti-Imperialist Alliance for People's Democracy (Marxist-Leninist-Maoist)
Marxism-Leninism-Maoism Basic Course (2014, massalijn.nl) [archive.fo/1NZy5].
News: [redspark.nu] [signalfire.org] [maoistcommunistgroup.com] [ri-ir.org].
* "US seeks to ‘milk’ terrorism sponsor Saudi Arabia – Iran's Revolutionary Guard to RT" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/QNjeE]
* "Police in major Belgian city monitor 557 potential Islamists, 189 ‘really dangerous’ – mayor" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/jZPx4]
Terrorism against Islam -
* " ‘Islamist side’ issues death threats, Berlin ‘liberal mosque’ co-founder says" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/O6APk]
The enemy of the Islamist is tolerance...
* "Gay-friendly mosque allowing female imams to open in Norway – activist" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/f5jjJ]
* "ISIS-inspired toy set draws strong rebuke from LEGO" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/2hv2y]
Governance over the Arctic Ocean
Quebec nation within the Realm of Canada
The nations within the Realm of Canada, including...
The Inuit, the Metis, the 630 recognized First Nations governments, and traditional nations.
Maps of the Inuit [archive.fo/tHTzZ] [archive.fo/7cycI] [archive.fo/yVcDs]
Regional insights for the lands of
Anahuac, Carib, and Abya Ayla ("Latin" America)
"When the Eagle of the North flies with the Condor of the South, The Spirit of the Land, She will Reawaken".
* English language news [upsidedownworld.org] [narconews.com] [narcosphere.narconews.com] [nacla.org] [coha.org] [cepr.net] [cedema.org].
* Spanish language news [contrainjerencia.com]
Bolivarian Alternative for the Peoples of Our Americas (ALBA)
[HandsOffBolivarianVenezuela.blogspot.com]. Map [archive.fo/qVad1].
United States of Mexico
Indigenous communities within Mexico
The Good Government and the EZLN ("Zapatistas")
[chiapas-support.org] [enlacezapatista.ezln.org.mx] [zeztainternazional.ezln.org.mx]
Revolutionary People's Democratic Party (PDPR) - Popular Revolutionary Army (EPR) for the People of Mexico
Central America, an "Economic Sacrifice Zone"
Republic of Guatemala
Republic of El Salvador (ALBA Affiliate)
Republic of Honduras
Most of the comments are collected from the daily "Presente Honduras Digest", and from the "Honduras Solidarity Network" listserve, authored by experts in geopolitics and history of Latin America. Libre is the "leftist" party working to uphold human rights and sovereignty, JOH is the dictator of Honduras supported by the USA.
Tolupan nation within the Republic of Honduras
Republic of Nicaragua (ALBA member)
Republic of Cuba (ALBA member)
* "Communist parties of China, Cuba pledge to enhance ties" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/ekPnE]
* "China, Cuba vow to strengthen parliamentary exchanges" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/bSs2x]:
China and Cuba Tuesday pledged to deepen parliamentary exchanges to serve the development of bilateral relations.
The pledge came after talks between top Chinese legislator Zhang Dejiang and Esteban Lazo Hernandez, president of Cuba's National Assembly of People's Power.
"Since China and Cuba forged diplomatic ties 57 years ago, bilateral relations have withstood the test of an ever-changing international situation, and bilateral friendship has been continuously consolidated and developed," Zhang said. "China has always given Cuba an especially important position in its overall diplomacy."
Zhang said that China would work with Cuba to steadfastly deepen their friendship, treat each other with sincerity, carry out mutually beneficial cooperation and forge partnership in reform and development.
China firmly supports Cuba's pursuit of the socialist path, he added.
He said China's National People's Congress (NPC) attached great importance to developing friendly relations with Cuba's National Assembly.
Zhang, chairman of the NPC Standing Committee, called on the two sides to enhance multi-level exchanges, implement the consensus reached by both leaders and boost friendship between the two parties, the two peoples and the two nations.
He suggested that the two sides strengthen political mutual support and trust, reinforce experience-sharing on state governance, facilitate pragmatic cooperation and deepen people-to-people exchanges.
Lazo underscored the strategic significance of Cuba-China ties, saying Cuba hoped to learn from China its successful experience in deepening reform, developing its economy and attracting foreign investment.
"Cuba's National Assembly is willing to enhance contacts with the NPC to advance bilateral cooperation," he said.
China's top political advisor Yu Zhengsheng also met with Lazo on Tuesday, calling on both sides to implement the consensus reached between the two heads of state and boost cooperation in various areas.
Yu said the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference was willing to enhance exchanges and cooperation with the National Assembly of People's Power of Cuba to contribute to bilateral relations.
- Photo caption: Zhang Dejiang (R), chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, holds talks with President of Cuba's National Assembly of People's Power Esteban Lazo Hernandez in Beijing, capital of China, June 20, 2017.
* "Rodríguez meets Communists in Turkey; Cuban Foreign Affairs Minister Bruno Rodríguez Parrilla met the First Secretary of the CC Communist Party of Turkey (TKP) and other representatives of the TKP at a reception by the Cuban embassy in Ankara" (2017-06-17, icp.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/oyrAQ]
* "TKP delegation visits Cuba; Communist Party of Turkey (TKP) finalized an official visit to Cuba, as they had meetings with representatives of the CC of the Communist Party of Cuba (PCC), the Central Trade Union of Cuba (CTC), the Communist Youth League (UJC), the Cuban Women’s Federation (FMC), and the Cuban Institute of Friendship with Peoples (ICAP)" (2017-06-17, icp.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/nvMz9]
Republic of Haiti
Republic of France Overseas Department of Guadeloupe
Republic of Colombia
* "Colombian rebel group hands over last batch of weapons" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/qlfoC]
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia - People's Army (FARC-EP)
Communiques [is.gd/rRiMnb], Peace Delegation [farc-epeace.org].
English [justiceforcolombia.org], [prensarural.org/spip/spip.php?mot95]. Spanish [farc-epeace.org] [pazfarc-ep.org] [mujerfariana.org] [resistencia-colombia.org] [issuu.com/pacocol] [youtube.com/channel/UCen4cHx7I7aVoBJlPsJqgAw]
National Liberation Army (ELN) for the people of the Republic of Colombia
Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela (ALBA member)
News & Info: [venezuelanalysis.com]; [rnv.gob.ve]; ALBA Ciudad 96.3 FM [albaciudad.org]; Public Ministry [mp.gob.ve]; [issuu.com/tribuna_popular]
* "Venezuelan foreign minister resigns to seek seat in planned Constituent Assembly; Venezuela’s Foreign Minister Delcy Rodriguez has stepped down from her post to run for a seat in the controversial new Constituent Assembly" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/9qM69]
Pluri-National State of Bolivia (ALBA member)
Republic of Ecuador (ALBA member)
Republic of Peru
* " ‘Our People Are Unstoppable’: Chile’s Jailed Indigenous Mapuche; Temuco, home to one of Chile’s largest Mapuche communities, has been the site of rising conflict between Indigenous militants and police" (2017-04-03, telesurtv.net) [archive.fo/3WaUz]
Towards a People's Republic of the Andes (Peru, Ecuador, Chile)
[movadef.net] [periodicoelpueblo.wordpress.com]. Documents by and about the PCP (1998) [archive.fo/l9PKx]
Republic of Chile
* "Chile police, students clash amid rally for free education; Chilean police have fired tear gas and water cannons to disperse thousands of students demonstrating for free education in the Latin American country" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/LSMJb]
MIR - Guerrilla Army of the Poor (MIR-EGP) for the People of Chile
[mir-chile.com], communiques and articles [is.gd/jtNxOP], "People's Justice against Oligarchal Genocide" (2015) (.pdf) [is.gd/VCZw1N], text [archive.ifo/rs3nG], machine translated [archive.fo/zOlte]
Republic of Argentina
Federation of Brazil
* "Suspected bribe evidence against Brazil's Michel Temer exposed" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/dJBPv]
* "Brazil’s President accused of receiving bribes, federal police say" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/NTfMA]
* "Putin and Temer pledge to strengthen trade and economic relations" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/8R7lh]
NEW AFRIKAN PEACE MOVEMENT newswire
[NewAfricaPeace.blogspot.com] An overview of Africa and the Diapora, with the Green Charter Committee, towards Pan-Afrikan Solidarity and Liberation!
News: [africadaily.net]; Learn about the NATO war against the socialist Jamahiriya [is.gd/phNvx0].
African Union (AU) member states
* "Radical measures needed to contain drought, hunger in east Africa: charities" (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/L9cBP]
* "Central Bank moves to fight rising cybercrime in Kenya" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/M3nOT]
* "UN urges Djibouti, Eritrea to end border dispute; The UN Security Council have urged Djibouti and Eritrea to resolve their border dispute peacefully after tensions flared following the withdrawal of Qatari peacekeepers from a buffer zone" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/HNwY9]
* "Ethnic clashes leave 31 dead in Mali; Thirty-one people were killed over the weekend in central Mali as ethnic groups clashed over land in a zone where the state is near-absent and extremists roam freely" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/wVH0e]
* "Shortage of skilled manpower hurts mining industry in Zambia: report" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/0UH2g]
* "UNICEF seeks fund for S. Sudan refugees in Africa" (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/PhbDU]
* "South Sudan no longer in famine, but hunger situation still dire" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/otOxr]
* "UN Security Council welcomes force deployment in Sahel; The United Nations Security Council has unanimously approved a resolution welcoming the deployment of an African military force to fight Takfiri terrorists in the Sahel region" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/SMcZI]
* "Death toll from fresh clashes hits 100 in Central African Republic; The death toll from a day of fierce clashes between rival factions has increased to around 100 in violence-wracked Central African Republic (CAR)" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/Z4P4z]
* "More than 100 killed in Central African Republic clashes" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/1aCZX]
* "UN praises Ethiopia for its refugee handling" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/sh3cz]
* "Emergency food will run out in drought-hit Ethiopia by next month, warn aid agencies; International aid agencies have warned that Ethiopia will run out of emergency food aid by next month for nearly eight million people hit by severe drought" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/7bdO2]
* "Heavy firefight in Beni, northeastern Congo, several wounded" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/FS1GV]
* "At least 16 killed in heavy fighting in eastern DR Congo" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/UPbpA]
USA, EU, & NATO operations within African Union (AU) member-states
People's Republic of China relations with African Union (AU) member-states
Articles (2009) [archive.is/Nvde6], (2013) [archive.is/NNWjs] [archive.is/eMENR], (2015) [archive.fo/OQBj9]
* "China, AU vow deepened cooperation towards common development" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/fnuol]
* "Chinese FM reiterates China's commitment to supporting Africa's poverty reduction" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/zGNpH]
* "China keen to deepen cooperation with AU in 5 priority areas: FM" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/MzAKP]
* "Chinese FM: Poverty reduction, sustainable development common agenda of China, Africa" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/npQyN]
* "Chinese companies powering Ethiopia's ambition to become Africa's manufacturing hub" (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/AncpQ]
* "Chinese firms constructing 5 industrial zones in Ethiopia" (2017-06-23, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/dZv7d]
* "China, Ghana pledge to have more win-win cooperation" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/Ew1JD]
* "China donates 100,000 bags of relief food for drought-hit Kenya" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/FIaxX]
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
Map [archive.is/UrLIs]. Member states [archive.fo/w57Ca] are the Republics of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote d'Iviore, the Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ginea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
Jurisdiction of Libya
Captive nation of Oromo
Mouvement National de Libération de l’Azawad (MNLA)
Jurisdiction of Somalia
Commonwealth of Iceland
Kingdom of Norway
Map showing world territories [archive.fo/rDBc6]
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (UKGB), including Wales, and relations with The "British" Commonwealth member states, the European Union, the USA, and NATO
* "Bank of England nemesis George Soros warns Brexit is 'lose-lose' scenario" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/sZQ37]
* "EU president says Brexit can still be reversed" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/Wav0Z]
* "EU, UK leaders gather in Brussels for two-day meeting" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/5RcbA]
* " ‘Day of Rage’ protesters target Queen’s Speech to ‘bring down the government’ " (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/IadK1], image caption: DAY of RAGE: March on parliament on day of Queen's Speech
* "May admits 600 buildings have similar flammable cladding to Grenfell" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/uhXRn]
* " ‘Council negligence, penny-pinching’: Scottish MP condemns Grenfell response" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/FIDI5]
* "Grenfell Tower survivors to be rehoused in 68 luxury Kensington flats after public outcry" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/72Kix]
* "UK govt. admits minimal fire safety standards for Grenfell Tower; The British government has admitted that hundreds of buildings in England have cladding similar to the Grenfell Tower block that was engulfed by a deadly blaze last week" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/jZS1I], photo caption: A woman with a placard that reads "Grenfell victims of Tory politics" marches with other demonstrators through London on June 21, 2017 en route to Parliament Square during an anti-government protest following the deadly fire at Grenfell Tower.
* "Corbyn attacks ‘government without a majority’ for ‘thin gruel’ Queen’s Speech" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/PpjTG]
* "Jeremy Corbyn didn’t bow to the Queen at state opening of Parliament" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/8xt6I]
* "Prince Harry says nobody wants to be king, republicans tell him he’s ‘free to leave’ " (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/MspU9]
* "None of royals wants to be king or queen, says Prince Harry" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/I3bdB]
* "Britain needs EU to preserve claim on Indian Ocean colony - reports" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/dHgdZ]
* "DUP letters: Party lobbied to stop NI couples marrying in Scotland" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/hJqs8]
UKGB - Scotland
UKGB - Northern Ireland
European Union (EU)
Documenting economic and political trends across the EU jurisdictions, and international operations.
Maps: Homeland and overseas territories [archive.fo/iqAFG], global Exclusive Economic Zone [archive.fo/GJkE9]
* "Merkel: Strong European economy is good for US" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/GniZX]
* "Brussels set to become new financial hub due to Brexit" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/9SynJ]
* "EU diplomat urges Macedonia's gov't to implement reforms" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/VPSMq]
* "Estonia to set up world’s 1st data embassy in Luxembourg" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/QYubE]
Republic of Portugal (EU Member)
Republic of France (EU Member)
Kingdom of Spain (EU Member)
Euskal Herria (Euskalerria; the Basque Country)
History and Current Context [archive.fo/u3n1a] [archive.fo/k3YMd] [archive.fo/me7Ax] [archive.fo/xuCvf]; Maps showing Basque regions [archive.fo/dTPuZ], imposed administrative zones [archive.fo/WBNbb] [archive.fo/GuTFH], placement within the European Union [archive.fo/Eg5QG], topographical relief [archive.fo/4jREV]
North Euskal Herria (within the Republic of France's jurisdictions of Labourd, Soule and Basse Navarre)
West & South Euskal Herria (Euskadi, within the Kingdom of Spain's governance of, respectively, the Basque Autonomous Community, and of Navarre)
State of Catalonia
* "Spanish MPs vote down Catalan independence plebiscite; Spanish lawmakers on Thursday as expected threw out a Catalan bid to hold an independence referendum which a court had already ruled illegal" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/fPeYW], photo caption: President of the Catalan regional government Carles Puigdemont (C) speaks to announce that the referendum on independence will be held on October 1, 2017 at the Palau de La Generalitat in Barcelona on June 9, 2017.
Federal Republic of Germany (EU Member)
Republic of Estonia (EU Member)
Republic of Latvia (EU Member)
Republic of Romania (EU Member)
* "Romanian gov't toppled in censure motion" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/Kp8AZ]
Republic of Croatia (EU Member)
Republic of Greece (EU Member)
* "Greek protesters demand government quit" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/50Dpj]
Republic of Macedonia (EU associate state)
Republic of Serbia
Republic of Srpska (Republike Srpske)
Government website [vladars.net]; News [thesrpskatimes.com]
Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH)
Republic of Albania, and Republic of Kosovo
Republic of Ukraine (EU / NATO associate state)
The People's Republics of Novorossiya in the Donbass region
For more info, with maps, and link, visit [NovorossiyaSolidarity.blogspot.com]; More news [dninews.com] [novorossia.vision]
Attacks against the People's Republics of the Donbass region
"But for the Generals" (2015, dninews.com) (.pdf) [is.gd/tRPDMG], a history of the USA-backed war against the people of Novorossiya.
Novorossiya Armed Forces (NAF) Operations
Combined reports of the DPR & LPR Armies and Security agencies: 'Essence of Time' Battalion [eu.eot.su/language/en], Russell Bonner Bentley [plus.google.com/+RussellBentleyTexac/posts] [twitter.com/donbacc_texac]
NAF: Reports from the Essence of Time unit in Donbass (via eu.eot.su):
NAF: "Donbass with Texas" video reports (via eu.eot.su):
NAF: NOVOROSSIA ROCKS 106.8 FM Radio Station with your host Zak Novak (via novorossia.today), Live-link [is.gd/TfMHOu], web banners [archive.fo/FlCGx] [archive.fo/V2cRD]:
People's Republic of Donetsk (DPR, or DNR)
People's Republic of Lunghask (LPR, or LNR; Luhansk, Lugansk)
News [en.lug-info.com] [mil-lnr.info]
occupied People's Republic of Kharkov (KPR, or KNR)
occupied People's Republic of Odessa (OPR, or ONR) / People's Republic of Bessarabia
occupied People's Republic of Transcarpathia
Moldovan Republic of Pridnestrovie (Transnistria, Trans-Dniestr, Transdniestria, or Transdnieper)
More info at [is.gd/G6paP5], map [archive.is/oah0l]
Republic of Moldova
Republic of Crimea (part of the Federation of Russia; claimed by the Republic of Ukraine)
Republic of Chechnya (part of the Federation of Russia)
Federation of Russia (EEU Member)
Map [archive.fo/yFbmy]. News: [rbth.com]
* "Russians overwhelmingly back Putin policies – US pollster" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/JcSLI]
"Russophobia", a collection of articles supporting hatred against all Russians
Russian Repression Report: Actual incidents and false stories explained
* "Justice Ministry to appeal ECHR ruling on Russian ‘gay propaganda law’ " (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/frfU6]
Republic of Belarus
Eurasian Union (EEU) / Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO)
EEU Map [archive.fo/7gu7z]. Official Info [aeunion.org] [eurasiancommission.org]
* "Armenia keen on increasing natural gas imports from Iran" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/QbmQY]
Republic of Kyrgyzstan (EEU Member)
Republic of Kazakhstan (EEU Member)
Republic of Georgia (EU Associate)
Regional map [archive.fo/MI8v4]
Republic of South Ossetia (EEU Affiliate)
[mfa-rso.su/en]; Maps [archive.fo/e2FnM]
Republic of Abkhazia (EEU Affiliate)
News [apsnypress.info]; Abkhaz language [apsny.ru]. Maps [archive.fo/uUiTC] [archive.fo/MCUtl]
Republic of Georgia (EU Associate) - Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia
Republic of Turkey (NATO member state)
* " 'Religious affiliation must be removed from IDs' ; Turkey's Interior Minister rejected the appeal by lawyers from the Enlightenment Movement to "remove the religious affiliation section from new IDs" since it violates the principle of secularism. Now lawyers appealed to an administrative court" (2017-06-13, news.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/HC4RG]
* "Opposition lawmaker jailed for leaking Turkish government's arms-smuggling to jihadists in Syria; Turkish court sentenced on spying charges main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) lawmaker Enis Berberoglu to 25 years in prison" (2017-06-14, news.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/KK3TL]
* "Turkish petroleum workers go on strike over disputes on collective labour agreement; Turkish petroleum monopoly PETKIM workers went on strike over disputes on the collective labour agreement" (2017-06-20, news.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/JIoS4]
* "Communist Party of Turkey greets anniversary of great workers' resistance; While Communist Party of Turkey in Ankara commemorated the Great Workers’ Resistance of June 15-16 with a public demonstration, the workers of AKG in İzmir greeted the Great Resistance within their ongoing strike" (2017-06-15, news.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/DsqOU]
* "Communist Party of Turkey meets with workers on anniversary of great workers' resistance; Communist Party of Turkey (TKP) organised meetings with workers in İstanbul and Gaziantep on the anniversary of the Great Workers’ Resistance of June 15-16, 1970" (2017-06-19, news.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/dO6py]
* " 'Our duty is to create new workers' resistance' ; Members of TKP gathered at an event to commemorate the 47th anniversary of June 15-16 great workers' resistance in İzmir" (2017-06-18, news.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/Eu5PB]
* "Turkey's anti-imperialist youth to attend 19th WFYS; Turkey's National Preparatory Committee for the 19th World Festival of Youth and Students has taken off. NPC calls the youth of Turkey to organise itself against imperialism and not to submit to any kind of exploitative force" (2017-06-18, news.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/Smp2Y]
* "Erdogan struggles to find venue to address supporters in Germany on G20 sidelines – reports" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/zvgUQ]
[levantreport.com] [middleeasteye.net] [alaraby.co.uk/english] [almanar.com.lb/english/main.php] [almasdarnews.com] [english.aawsat.com]
* "Chinese FM: Middle East crisis ‘a danger on the whole world’ " (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/GdRMe]:
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says the Middle East crisis poses a danger to the whole world. He made the remarks during a joint news conference with his Jordanian counterpart Ayman Safadi in Amman, after the two discussed conflicts in the region, including the Syrian civil war.
"The Middle East is the biggest barrel bomb in the world. If the Middle East is not stabilized, peace and stability will not be achieved in the world. Crisis in the Middle East imposes a danger on the whole world." Wang said.
"China, as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, is always following the developments in Syria and provided Syrian refugees with aid supplies without expecting anything in return. We also pushed, on different occasions, to have the Syrian case resolved and we played our role in this regard. " Wang said, noting China is ready to work with Jordan to reach a resolution in the Syrian case.
* "Qatar says it will not negotiate unless neighbors lift 'blockade' " (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/JVDnn]
* "Qatar Airways chief bullish about blockade’s business impact" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/OQdmu]
* "Bahrain to revoke passports of nationals who visit Qatar; Bahrain’s Interior Ministry has issued an order according to which the passport of any Bahraini citizen who travels to Qatar, resides there, or even crosses Qatari soil en route to other countries, would be revoked" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/zseTB]
* "Trump administration contradicts itself on Qatar allegations" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/Ar9hh]
* "US questions Saudi concerns over Qatar’s alleged support for terrorism; The United States questions the Saudi and Emirati governments’ true motive in regard to war on terrorism, saying it is 'mystified' by their failure to present details about the diplomatic crisis involving Qatar" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/FzI98]
* "Barclays charged with fraud over Qatar-backed rescue" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/MFWtF]
* "Turkish troops hold drills in Qatar; The first joint drills took place on Sunday at the Tariq bin Ziyad military camp in Doha, Qatar's defence ministry said in a statement. Last week, Qatar's navy carried out three days of joint training exercises with the US Navy" (2017-06-19, news.sol.org.tr) [archive.fo/LNIUs]
* "Qatar blames news agency hack on ‘neighbors’ who lead economic blockade" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/q2qHW]
* "Qatar: ‘Neighbors’ leading economic siege hacked our news agency; Qatar says it has evidence showing the same “neighboring” countries that are leading a boycott campaign against Doha had a hand in the alleged hacking of its state news agency, an incident that triggered an unprecedented diplomatic crisis in the Persian Gulf region" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/fcsOr]
* "Tillerson: Gulf states have list of demands for Qatar" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/b7afK]
* "Qatar given list of demands from Saudi, allies to end crisis: AP; Kuwait has reportedly given Doha a steep list of demands from Saudi Arabia and its allies boycotting Qatar in an attempt to end the unprecedented diplomatic crisis unfolding in the Persian Gulf region" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/RezAh]
* "Iran sending 1,100 tonnes of food to Qatar daily; Iran says it is exporting over 1,100 tonnes of fresh fruits and vegetables from its southern ports to Qatar every day" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/iXd01]
* "Saudi Arabia demands Qatar shutter Al Jazeera, cut ties with Iran" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/H0wcU]
Republic of Egypt
Republic of Iraq
* "Iraqi prime minister arrives in Iran after Saudi visit; Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has arrived in Tehran to hold talks with senior Iranian officials after a key trip to the Islamic Republic's bitter rival Saudi Arabia" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/1tCoH]
* "US, stooges oppose Iraq independence, unity: Ayatollah Khamenei; Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has warned against placing trust in the United States, saying Washington is against Iraq’s independence and unity" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/JKncU]
* "Israel bent on partitioning Iraq, warns Iran’s parliament speaker; Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani has warned about bids to break up Iraq, saying the Arab country’s partitioning serves the interests of Israel" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/8p797], photo caption: Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani (R) and Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi shake hands prior to their meeting in Tehran on June 21, 2017.
* "Iran starts much-awaited gas exports to Iraq; Iran says it has started a much-awaited project to export natural gas to its western neighbor – Iraq" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/wOyeo]
* "More than 5 million children need urgent humanitarian aid in Iraq: UNICEF" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/VPFVG]
Republic of Iraq: War News
Arab Republic of Syria: Diplomatic and Civil News
[sana.sy/en] [syriatimes.sy] [facebook.com/United.Syrian.Republic] [sana-syria.org] [joshualandis.com/blog] [syriasolidaritymovement.org] [syrianfreepress.wordpress.com] [syrianews.cc] [acloserlookonsyria.shoutwiki.com] [syrianperspective.com] [breakingnews.sy/en.html] [almasdarnews.com] [facebook.com/SyrianWarNewsInfoMedia]
* "President al-Assad launches National Project for Administrative Reform" (2017-06-20, sana.sy) [archive.fo/1g3gh]
* "Ambassador Haddad: Syria will achieve victory over terrorism" (2017-06-20, sana.sy) [archive.fo/Osn3B]
* "The joint Syrian-Iraqi Chamber of Commerce and Industry inaugurated in Baghdad" (2017-06-19, sana.sy) [archive.fo/ELHS0]:
The joint Syrian-Iraqi Chamber of Commerce and Industry was inaugurated Monday in Baghdad with the aim of enhancing bilateral relations and further coordinating efforts to increase investment and trade exchange.
In a statement to the Syrian TV, Syria’s ambassador to Iraq, Sattam Jad’an al-Dandah, said that this move came in response to the mutual intention of both countries to boost trade and industrial relations in a way that serves the interests of their people.
Chairman of the Iraqi Federation of Chambers of Commerce, Ja’afar al-Hamadani indicated that the main objective is to create more opportunities for Syrian and Iraqi businessmen to exchange visits and participate in conferences and forums that are to be held in Damascus or Baghdad which would in turn push forward the strategic partnership between the two sides.
He noted that 155 Iraqi commercial, industrial and agricultural companies declared their participation in the 59th edition of Damascus International Fair to be held on August 17th.
At the beginning of 2017, Syrian and Iraqi Federations of Chambers of Commerce signed a protocol to establish a joint Syrian-Iraqi Chamber of Commerce.
The protocol provides for opening markets for the products of the Syrian and Iraqi exports and working on the development of quality of the exported products through exhibitions and marketing campaigns. It also provides for activating the exchange of visits of businessmen and to facilitate the granting of visas to citizens of both countries.
* "Damascus public kitchen helps hungry Syrians survive Ramadan" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/oTIrt]
* "Syria polio outbreak leaves 17 children paralyzed" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/STyWj]
* "Polio outbreak paralyzes 17 children in Syria: WHO; The World Health Organization (WHO) says a polio outbreak has paralyzed at least 17 Syrian children since March, calling the situation in the war-torn country 'very serious' " (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/j62Ny]
* "Kazakhstan sends invitations to Syrian government, opposition, guarantor countries and representatives for next Astana meeting" (2017-06-20, sana.sy) [archive.fo/oO3Ef]
Arab Republic of Syria: War News
The story so far [archive.fo/o2w8S]...
* "Syrian War Report – June 20, 2017: Situation Further Escalates In Syria" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/JLAhp]
* "Palestinian Liwa Al Quds, Russian Advisors in Homs" photo set (2017-06-19, en.alalam.ir) [archive.fo/02cFY]
* "The Tabqa Su-22 Shoot-Down And Aftermath" (2017-06-19, southfront.org) [archive.fo/saOTf]
* "New Data About Fate Of Pilot Of Syrian SU-22 Downed By US Warplane" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/CT94x]
* "More Details Appear About US Attack Against Syrian Su-22" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/Tsgr0]
* "Russian Defense: Flight safety memorandum with US suspended, unidentified flying objects west of Euphrates will be considered targets" (2017-06-19, sana.sy) [archive.fo/qUnFD]
* "Russia suspends cooperation with U.S. in Syrian airspace following jet downing" (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/5E2KE]
* "Russia warns US after Syrian warplane downed" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/kiiX1]
* "US coalition still owes explanation over downing of Syrian warplane – Lavrov" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/2aNH1]
* "Government Forces Capture Bir Qassab Area In Eastern Damascus Desert" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/P1ylz]
* "Syrian Army Operating Against ISIS Terrorists In T3 Pumping Station Area" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/86bCp]
* "Government Forces Launch Operation In Attempt To Split Daraa Pocket" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/YFzvt]
* "Military Situation In Palmyra-Deir Ezzor-Raqqah Triangle" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/ZIewa], map [archive.is/FzaLx]
* "Three killed, 12 injured in terrorist attacks with shells in several provinces" (2017-06-20, sana.sy) [archive.fo/AA3Qe]
* "Electrical and mechanical damage caused to Mhardeh thermal power plant due to terrorist rocket attack" (2017-06-20, sana.sy) [archive.fo/0eofA]
* "Bomb-laden car seized in eastern countryside of Salamiyeh" (2017-06-20, sana.sy) [archive.fo/c23sg]
* "US jets shoot down ‘Iranian drone’ in Syria - coalition" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/b0xOF]
* "US official: Coalition shoots down Iran-made drone in Syria" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/q9JaT]
* "US shoots down Iran-made drone close to Iraqi-Syrian border" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/PYzNY]
* "US Fighter Jet Downed Iranian-made Armed Drone Over Syria – Reports" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/j8fR3]
* "US confirms death of ISIS ‘Grand Mufti’ in airstrike in Syria" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/VUPDR]
* "12 people killed in US-led coalition new massacre against civilians in Hasaka" (2017-06-20, sana.sy) [archive.fo/d5IsX]
* "12 civilians killed in US coalition strike on Syrian village – state media" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/EDnst]
* " ‘No safe place’: Man who fled Raqqa & lost kid blames US-led strikes for civilian deaths" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/3mwEL]
* "Australia halts air strikes in Syria after Russia-US tensions over downed Damascus jet" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/HLmuy]
* "Australia suspends airstrikes in Syria as precaution" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/0a0Gu]
* "Australia Suspended Airstrikes In Syria, Refers To US Downing Of Syrian Warplane And Russian Response" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/VeRo2]
* "Australia suspends operations in US-led coalition in Syria after Syrian jet hit; Australia has suspended its cooperation with a United States-led coalition in Syria out of apparent concern that the US’s recent downing of a Syrian fighter jet may escalate the situation in the Arab country to its disadvantage" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/Njy6Y]
* "US working to restore 'deconfliction' line with Russia over Syria; The top American general says the US is working to restore a communications line with Russia intended to avoid mid-air collisions over Syria, after Moscow cut it off following the US downing of a Syrian military jet on Sunday" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/Eek45]
* "Clashes renew in Syria's Damascus after weeks of lull" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/FTexF]
* "Syrian forces make fresh gains on Damascus outskirts; Syrian government soldiers have made great achievements in their operations on the eastern outskirts of the capital, and managed to take back territory from foreign-sponsored Takfiri militants" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/J8bPO]
* "Ankara sends reinforcements for Turkey-backed militants in Syria; Turkey has deployed military reinforcements, including soldiers, vehicles, and equipment to northern Syria, says a UK-based monitoring group" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/0ny8V]
* "Australia to resume anti-ISIS airstrikes in Syria – defense chief" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/X6RZM]
* "ISIS leader al-Baghdadi ‘highly likely’ eliminated – Russian Foreign Ministry" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/XbK6r]
* "Russia claims ISIL leader dead with 'high degree of certainty' in airstrikes" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/U7Q0i]
* "Russian navy launches missile strikes on ISIL target in Syria" (2017-06-23, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/8GvCX]
The International anti-Syria Alliance, the "Free Syria Army", and allied organizations
Global Islamic Caliphate / Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL ; ISIS)
A USA-backed self-governing entity for the disruption of the Eurasian Union and other rival blocs.
Regional map [archive.fo/28m8f], Map of Liberated Cantons of West and South Kurdistan (2016) [archive.fo/f7ImY], "Greater Kurdistan" maps [archive.fo/laloo] [archive.fo/4KYfB]; News [anfenglish.com] [kurdishdailynews.org] [knnc.net/en/default.aspx] [facebook.com/pages/International-freedom-battalion/1597451687171173][turkeyharvest.blogspot.com] [kurdishquestion.com] [kurdishmatters.com] [kurdishrights.org] [ekurd.net][kurdishquestion.com]; Co-Operative Economy in Rojava & Bakur [cooperativeeconomy.info]
North Kurdistan (Bakur), within the jurisdiction of the Republic of Turkey
South Kurdistan (Basur), within the jurisdiction of the Republic of Iraq, including the governance of the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), & the Medya Defense Zones
Provincial map [archive.fo/4a18W]
West Kurdistan (Rojava), within the jurisdiction of the Arab Republic of Syria, governed by the Rojava Kurdistan Democratic Autonomous Administration
Map [archive.fo/7Z32s]. News [rojavareport.wordpress.com], Documents (2016) [archive.fo/8z7EN]
* " 'Leaders' Of Syrian Kurds Continue Sending Warm Messages To Saudi Arabia, Blaming Iran" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/S9xnE]
* "US to take back weapons from Syrian Kurds after Daesh routed, Mattis tells Turkey; US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has told Turkey that the Pentagon will take back weapons supplied to the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) once the Washington-backed militiamen manage to drive Daesh Takfiri terrorists out of Syria's northern city of Raqqah" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/MVrJS]
East Kurdistan (Rojhelat), within the jurisdiction of the Islamic Republic of Iran
The Êzidîs, & the Shengal Democratic Autonomy
Republic of Lebanon / Party of God (Hezbollah)
Republic of Lebanon / Party of God (Hezbollah)
* "Israel has ‘unimaginable’ power to strike Hezbollah, Air Force chief tells security conference" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/diEBV]
World Jewish Commonwealth & Diaspora
The Judean People and their diverse communities [forward.com] [mondoweiss.net] [tikkun.org]
Antisemitic Studies & Action
State of Israel, National Institutions, transnational agencies and private-sector partnerships
[972mag.com] [dukium.org] [icahd.org] [haaretz.com] [i24news.tv] [tabletmag.com] [jpost.com] [izionist.org/eng]
* "Trump's top aides to visit Israel and Palestine this week" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/ysmfK]
* "Trump's son-in-law Kushner in Israel to push for peace talks" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/BL7q5]
* "US presidential aides Kushner, Greenblatt begin peace push" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/isFjL]
* "Trump’s son-in-law meets with Israeli PM and Palestinian president" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/1zugq]
* "Deal with Saudi Arabia prerequisite to end conflict with Palestine: Israel; Israel’s minister of military affairs has called for a deal with Arab countries, including Saudi Arabia, as a prerequisite for any agreement to resolve the decades-long conflict with the Palestinians" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/ZJ6Wy]:
In a speech at the annual Herzilya security conference near Tel Aviv on Thursday, Avigdor Lieberman underlined the need for "a full regional agreement” with what he called “all moderate Sunni states, including Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.”
“The agreement with the Palestinians is a byproduct” of the accord with the Arab countries, Lieberman said.
"The only light at the end of the tunnel is a complete regional agreement. Full diplomatic and economic relations. Not under the table, but on the table,” he added.
The Israeli minister further highlighted the profit of the deal for Tel Aviv, saying, “This would mean an additional revenue of $45 billion for Israel. That's the potential.”
Citing unnamed Arab and American sources, The Times reported last week that Saudi Arabia and the Israeli regime were in clandestine talks to establish official economic relations for the first time since the entity was created on the Palestinian territories some 69 years ago.
Forming economic connections between to two, which would be gradual, could begin by allowing Israeli companies to open shops in the Arab kingdom, or granting El Al Israel Airlines Ltd. permission to fly over Saudi airspace, the report said.
- Photo caption: Israeli Minister of Military Affairs Avigdor Lieberman speaks during the annual Herzilya security conference in Herzliya, near Tel Aviv, June 22, 2017.
* "Terrorism in Middle East part of Israel’s agenda: Iranian president; Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has described the terrorist operations across the Middle East as part of Israel’s agenda, warning that anti-terror campaigns in the region should not divert attentions from the Palestinian crisis" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/tNIX9]
* "Israel main source of tensions, crises in West Asia: Iran; The Iranian Foreign Ministry says the Israeli regime is the main source of tensions and crises in West Asia" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/4ydbH]
* "Zionists involved in almost all regional crises: Iran president; Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has censured Israel for supporting terrorism, saying the regime is, either covertly or overtly, complicit in almost all crises gripping the Middle East region" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/MXrNx]
* "Pro-Palestinian Muslim rally was suspected Finsbury Park terrorist’s real target" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/ux5FO]
John Hagee is a famous Christian-Zionist of the USA who promotes the "End-Time Prophecies" outlined in the Schofield reference bible, and in accordance promotes AIPAC's foreign policy as a means to fulfill those "prophecies". He does deny Jesus is the messiah, in contradiction to the basic tenet of Christianity [archive.is/NrND3] [archive.is/ms49E].
* "Jerusalem synagogue vandalized with swastikas, holy books burned" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/6JXtp]
State of Israel: Settlements of Judea & Samaria
[settlementsofisrael.netzah.org] [hityashvut.org.il]. Considered "inconsistent with international law" according to Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention [archive.fo/g0ikl].
State of Palestine, the PLO, the exile communities, and occupied territories
About the PLO [archive.fo/H67B3], recognized by 135 sovereign state governments [archive.fo/LCZ1S]; A State since 1988, an Observer State to the UN since 2012 [archive.fo/RVdxM]. Maps: territorial (de-facto) [archive.fo/zyoRr] (de-jure) [archive.fo/LuEj9], the diplomacy of the borders of 1947 and 1967 [archive.fo/xfiC8]. News [english.palinfo.com] [qassam.ps] [pflp.ps/english] [palwatch.org]. [archive.fo/bD8sV]. Permanent Observer Mission of The State of Palestine to the United Nations - New York [palestineun.org]
* "Iran, world countries mark Quds Day with rallies; Millions of people are taking to the streets across Iran and other world countries Friday to show their solidarity with the Palestinians and condemn Israel’s decades-long occupation and atrocities" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/Fszoi], photo caption: Iranians hold a rally in Tehran to mark International Quds Day July 1, 2016.
* "Ayat. Khamenei: Defending Palestine, defending truth; Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says defending the nation of Palestine is tantamount to defending the truth, not simply defending an oppressed nation that has been driven out of its home" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/URw06]
State of Palestine - West Bank of the Jordan River (administered by the PLO Palestinian National Authority)
* "US president’s son-in-law meets Israeli, Palestinian leaders; US President Donald Trump’s senior advisor and son-in-law has held separate talks with Israeli and Palestinian leaders during a trip to the Israeli-occupied territories to help resume the so-called peace process between the two sides" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/atr7Q], photo caption: A handout picture provided by the Palestinian Authority’s press office on June 21, 2017, shows Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas (R) the US president’s senior advisor and son-in-law Jared Kushner (L) in Ramallah.
* "Israel starts building first new settlement in West Bank since 1992; Israel has started building its first new settlement in the West Bank in 25 years in defiance of the international law and the latest UN Security Council resolution against the illegal move" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/r9BOK]
State of Palestine - Gaza (administered by the Islamic Resistance Movement HAMAS Palestinian National Authority)
Map [archive.fo/Zc9b2]; Political ideology [archive.fo/4FZVw]; Origins [archive.fo/j9nrP] [archive.fo/706o] [archive.fo/5aAJt] [archive.fo/UZjKV]
* "Gaza gets fuels from Egypt to ease power crisis" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/oXsep], photo caption: A truck loaded with fuel is seen at the Rafah crossing after it entered from Egypt, in the southern Gaza Strip City of Rafah, on June 21, 2017. Egypt on Wednesday opened its borders with the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip and delivered industrial fuels for operating the sole power plant that has been inoperative since middle of April, officials said.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & GCC Council member states
* "Saudi king relieves Nayef as crown prince; Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has replaced Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud with his own son, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, the deputy crown prince and defense minister" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/kpLRU]
* "HRW urges new Saudi crown prince to end rights violations, pursue reforms; Human Rights Watch (HRW) has called on newly-appointed Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to put an end to the country’s longstanding human rights violations and make a commitment to rights reforms" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/58yOl]
* "Bahrain court gives death, jail sentences to two dissidents; A court in Bahrain has handed down death sentence to an anti-regime activist and sentenced another to life in prison as the ruling Al Khalifah regime presses ahead with its heavy-handed clampdown on political dissidents and pro-democracy campaigners in the Persian Gulf kingdom" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/5WZvP]
National Salvation Government of Yemen ("Houthis")
[sabanews.net/en] [ansar-allah.net] [yemen-news-today.org]
* "WHO says 1,146 killed due to cholera in Yemen since April; The World Health Organization says 1,146 people have been killed due to an outbreak of cholera in Yemen since late April, as the impoverished Arab country continues to suffer from Saudi Arabia's deadly campaign" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/gGkG7]
The Southern Transitional Council (South Yemen)
* "Yemen's south hopes victory over Houthis will bring separation" (2015-09-29, Reuters newswire) [archive.is/xswwe]
* "Massive March in Shabwa South Yemen in Support of The Southern Transitional Council" (2017-05-16, southernhirak.org) [archive.is/7Pb6S]
Yemen: War News
* "UAE has secret torture prisons in Yemen, US involved in interrogations – AP" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/mZkMw]
* "US interrogates inmates in secret UAE-run jails in Yemen: AP; US forces have been involved in interrogation of hundreds of inmates in clandestine prisons run by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in war-torn Yemen, with reports of brutal torture and abuses at the facilities" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/z6Mxc]
* "Military Situation In Yemeni City Of Taiz On June 20, 2017" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/i7mks], map [archive.is/1iOJn]
Republic of Sudan
Kingdom of Morocco
* "More arrested in Morocco crackdown on protests; Moroccan authorities have arrested more people in relation to anti-government protests in the North African Arab country" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/BQhZl], photo caption: Security forces seize a demonstrator in Rabat on June 20, 2017 during a protest in support of the grassroots movement for the neglected Rif region in Morocco.
Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic ("Western Sahara")
Learn more about the Sahrawi People [SahrawiSolidarity.blogspot.com]
[makabylie.info] [kabylia-gov.org] [ferhat-mehenni.com]
Islamic Republic of Iran
Democratic pluri-national governance [archive.fo/QqOdL]; Ethnic map [archive.fo/7tEpp]; [iranjewish.com]
News: MRNA [en.mehrnews.com], IRNA [irna.ir], PressTV [presstv.ir], Financial Tribune [financialtribune.com]
* "Iran to respond more decisively to terrorist attacks on its soil: Rouhani; Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has stressed that the Islamic Republic will respond "more decisively" to any future terrorist attack on Iran's soil" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/Ew39r]
* "Iran Armed Forces to counter any national security threats: Top commander; Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri says the country’s security is a red line, pledging to firmly respond to any threats or acts of aggression against the Islamic Republic’s national security" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/OiPSA]
* "Judiciary chief: Don't test Iran's defensive power; Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani says Iran's missile attack on Daesh positions in Syria demonstrated the Islamic Republic’s resolve to battle terrorism" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/vLTdH]
* " 'Iran missile strike on Daesh legitimate self-defense' ; The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps' ballistic missile strike at a Daesh-held Syrian town, which was conducted in retaliation for the recent twin terrorist attacks in Tehran, received massive media coverage around the world. The following is a synopsis of Press TV’s interview with ANSWER Coalition's Richard Becker, and Michael Lane, the founder of American Institute for Foreign Policy, about the message Tehran sent to the world by carrying out such an unprecedented attack" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/EFxW4]
* "65 Daesh Takfiris killed in Iran missile attack: IRGC; At least 65 Daesh terrorists, including several high-ranking intelligence commanders, were killed in Iran's recent missile attack against the Takfiri group’s targets in eastern Syria, according to a statement by Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC)" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/Kbz4T]
* "Iran: Missile strike fraction of response to Daesh; Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan says the recent missile attack against Daesh in Syria was just a small part of the Islamic Republic’s reaction to the 'indiscriminate' attacks by the terror group on the Iranian soil" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/ypzSU]
* "IRGC says next crushing response to enemies already planned; Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says its next 'crushing response' to potential enemy missteps has already been planned days after it struck Daesh positions in Syria with missiles in revenge for its terror attacks on Iranian soil" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/ZtnVR]
* "More Daesh terrorists arrested in northwestern Iran; An Iranian lawmaker says 40 Daesh terrorists have been arrested in the country’s northwestern province of West Azarbaijan in continuation of the Islamic Republic’s measures to fight terrorism" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/bs1DE]
* "IRGC disbands terror outfit in western Iran; Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has disbanded a terrorist group in the western Iranian province of Kurdistan" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/EpUnB]
* "Total hails new format of Iranian oil deals; Total Chief Executive Patrick Pouyanne who is preparing to sign a major gas contract with Iran has hailed the country’s new format of oil sector agreements as 'a real improvement' " (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/D0Hzh]
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan / Islamic Caliphate of Pashtunistan / Waziristan
Map of Taliban area-of-control (2017-03) [archive.fo/gDlvr]; News [shahamat-english.com]
* "Belt & Road a way back to prosperity for Afghanistan – presidential adviser" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/Ig4MF]
* "Afghanistan struggling with refugee returnees as mass deportations bite" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/T3wpX]
* " ‘No end to his killings’: Afghans who fled & resisted new ISIS warlord Azizullah to RT" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/SuHFQ]
* "8 killed in attack near US base in Afghanistan; Unidentified gunmen have attacked Afghan troops working at the largest US military base in Afghanistan, killing eight" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/w4bNR]
* "At least 29 killed, 60 wounded in blast near Afghan bank" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/7WwcY]
Jammu & Kashmir
Maps of Jammu & Kashmir, major cities [archive.fo/dxvHI], areas of foreign state administration [archive.fo/5eHIf] [archive.fo/3x6sL], international recognition [archive.fo/MRwhF]. Republic of India [kargil.gov.in], Islamic Republic of Pakistan [ajk.gov.pk]
* "Indian troops kill 3 militants, one protester in Kashmir; Indian forces have killed three militants and an anti-government Kashmiri protester in separate incidents in the Indian-controlled Kashmir region, officials say" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/nh7kw]
Islamic Republic of Pakistan
* "Pakistan starts fencing of its border with Afghanistan; Pakistan will soon begin the construction of a fence across its porous border with Afghanistan in order to improve security" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/0JGsm]
* "Islamabad slams US drone attacks in Pakistan; Islamabad has condemned the drone strikes by the United States against alleged militants on Pakistani soil, describing them as a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty" (2017-06-22, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/sDUbC]
Republic of India
* "India arrests 15 men for ‘sedition’ after cheering Pakistan in cricket final victory" (2017-06-20, rt.com) [archive.fo/5UeSO]
* Communiqué Issued At The Press Meet Addressed By CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy In Hyderabad On June 20, 2017 Briefing The Media On The Decisions Of The Just-Concluded Party National Council Meeting [archive.is/8aAt6] [begin excerpt]:
Cow as a Political Weapon -
The council noted that cow has suddenly become a political weapon and in the name of protesting cow RSS volunteers and members of various parivar outfits are lynching people in different parts of the country. With the ascendance of Yogi Adityanath to power in Uttar Pradesh, the state has become the headquarters of cow vigilantism. Not satisfied with the chain of physical assault, the Modi government has come out with a notification which will practically affect the food habits of crores and crores of Indians. This order will lead lakhs and lakhs of farmers giving up cattle rearing. It will badly affect the meat and allied trade as well as our economy. This is also an attack on the federal structure of the country.
Atrocities on Dalits and Minorities -
The meeting underlined with serious concern that the country is witnessing ever increasing attacks on dalits and minorities. Even though BJP propagates the slogan ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas’ it never cared for the dalits and minorities and for their development. In BJP-ruled states, the police and other authorities have been supporting the upper castes and communal forces. Dalits and minorities feel more and more insecure as it happened in Saharanpur and elsewhere. The Sangh Parivar tactics is to woo them for electoral gains and deny them even the basic human rights, once the polls are over. In the name of mega projects lands from the tribals are taken over and they are thrown away to utter poverty. The party has decided to take it as a task to initiate dialogue with these fighting sections so that the purposeful joint movements can be unleashed to resist rising inhuman attacks on the minorities and harijans. [end excerpt]
Towards a People's Republic of India
[redspark.nu] [icspwindia.wordpress.com] [liberationbase.wordpress.com] [sanhati.com]
Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
Towards a People's Republic of Nepal
People's Republic of China
News: [news.cn/english] [news.xinhuanet.com] [go-taikonauts.com] [chinafrica.cn]; Map [archive.fo/X1hWW], fishery agreements [archive.fo/nuyQt], USA version of China's EEZ [archive.fo/7flkj]; Special Autonomous Regions (SAR) [archive.is/YhJOJ]; History & the Current Context [is.gd/QwvQLr]
* "Xi urges efforts to boost integrated military and civilian development" (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/9M809]
* "China names key areas of military-civilian integration" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/jcBf6]
* "Chinese lawmakers to review draft law on national intelligence" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/1nO4s]
China: Civil & Diplomatic News
* "Xi calls for upholding 'Lyuliang spirit' in poverty relief" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/7ila4], (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/4OxaT]
* "China's higher education institutes urged to foster socialist core values" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/teOBI]
* "Chinese lawmakers weigh new laws to tackle water and soil pollution" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/wp7Jf]
* "China builds national soil monitoring network to prevent further soil pollution" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/OejMt]
* "China's supercomputers still fastest as US squeezed out of top 3" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/CLt59]
* "Sunway TaihuLight: Things you may not know about China's supercomputer" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/Oxuh8]
China: Economic News
* "China’s opening up helped it dodge financial crisis – banking chief" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/PSSnb]
* "How possible is MSCI's inclusion of China's A-shares?" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/2hcew]
* "MSCI decides to include China A-shares in its EM Index" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/OpR09]
* "MSCI adds Chinese shares to global benchmarks" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/STe8h]
* "China welcomes A shares inclusion in MSCI’s EM Index" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/BBcOt]
* "Opportunities and challenges about MSCI A-shares inclusion" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/3CAjz]
* "How investors comment on MSCI's inclusion of China's A-shares?" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/AyxNM]
* "Moody’s: To attract global capital inflows into China" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/gJYAB]
* "China takes measures to boost sharing economy" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/JntAi]
* "China encourages private investment in key projects" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/sb9A1]
* "China to build more demonstration bases for mass entrepreneurship, innovation" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/Wb8MY]
* "Toshiba to negotiate solely with gov't-led consortium over sale of chip unit" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/tF1tH]
* "Lujiazui Forum: delegates laud Stock Connect schemes’ role in financial reform" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/NFV4O]
* "China to improve openness, transparency for foreign investment – commerce ministry" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/lLJpo]
* "China’s banking regulator orders checks on loans to acquisitive firms, sources say" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/HepLY]
* "Top Chinese websites threatened with shutdown for streaming video without certificate" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/Z0jYs]
China: Military News
China: Foreign Relations / "Belt & Road" (OBOR)
* "Vision for Maritime Cooperation under the Belt and Road Initiative" part 4 (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/bCsRn]
* "China proposes 'blue economic passages' for maritime cooperation" (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/oq733]
* "China-Panama diplomatic relations to boost bilateral trade" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/oadWr]
* "China, ROK eye for improvement of ties" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/cU73e]
* "China's largest power project in Russia put into operation" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/yD8o0] [archive.fo/QpMFX]
* "Highway bridge connecting China and Russia under construction" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/jJ9aW]
* "China may finance Russia’s natural gas pipeline to Europe" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/ZzOcb]
* "Model of China-Russia commercial aircraft displayed in France" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/ICnm7]
* "B&R Initiative will benefit all participating sides: Cambodian, Chinese experts" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/HE0LI]
* "China's State Grid completes stake purchase of Greek power grid operator" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/yAoB4]
* "China, Jordan keen to boost cooperation" (2017-06-23, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/FzGKk]
China: Foreign Hostilities
China - Hong Kong SAR & Macao SAR
* "Former HK chief says 'one country, two systems' undoubtedly a success" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/ioK5T]
* "Tung Chee-hwa: ‘One Country, Two Systems’ secures Hong Kong’s future" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/yZgyw]
* "Carrie Lam: 'One Country, Two Systems' maintains Hong Kong's prosperity" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/nqhZ6]
* "First Hong Kong Chief Executive Tung Chee-hwa on the city’s ups and downs" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/NcAr3]
* "A journey from Hong Kong's handover to present day" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/d2kTR]
* "Retired British civil engineer recalls Hong Kong's path to glory" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/6y06Y]
* "Joint rail checkpoint to strengthen Hong Kong-mainland links" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/aJE9K]
* "Andrew Leung aims to end filibustering in Hong Kong's LegCo" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/c2Ln3]
China - Hainan Province - Prefecture of Sansha city, with the XIsha Islands, Nansha Islands, and the Zhongsha Islands including Huangyan Island (Paracel Islands, Spratly Islands, Scarborough Shoal)
Maps [archive.fo/M57Vr] [archive.fo/Tl5ZB] [archive.fo/8YfGU], foreign territorial claims [archive.fo/RgLYd] [archive.fo/mPzUh], Gas and Oil Fields [archive.fo/HOFYM]
China - Tibet Autonomous Region / The Gelug Government-in-Exile
China - Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
China - Taiwan Province, administered by the Republic of China (RoC; Taiwan and its associated territories)
Political status of Taiwan [archive.is/OJxrL], whose question originates from the Peace Treaty of San Francisco, 1945, which states the USA as the Principle Occupying Power [is.gd/13HzLx] over Taiwan.
* "CPC members of Taiwan origin urged to boost cross-Strait relations" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/vv9mV]
Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), and relations with the states of the Eurasian Union (EEU)
Kingdom of Thailand
Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Map [archive.fo/pJYh1]; News [globalnewlightofmyanmar.com] [moi.gov.mm/npe/nlm] [myanmaritv.com]
Democratic Alliance of Nationalities in the Kokang region of Myanmar (Myanmar National Democratic Alliance)
Ta'ang (Palaung) State Liberation Front and the Ta'ang National Liberation Army (TNLA)
Dai Nippon (Empire of Japan)
Map of territorial waters and EEZ [archive.fo/Any6i]; News [japan-press.co.jp]
Republic of Korea (RoK) in southern Korea
Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) in northern Korea
Info collected by Juche-Buddhism Friendship Society, for Peace through Knowledge!
평화 에찬성하여 ("In Favor of Peace") 제국주의 반대 ("In Opposition to Imperialism")
"DPRK: We Love Peace!" video (2016) [youtube.com/watch?v=Daw9jPld_BM]
- "Pyongyang Declaration: Let us defend and advance the socialist cause" [archive.fo/irJfs]
- DPRK News: [rodong.rep.kp] [naenara.com.kp] [kcna.kp] [dprktoday.com] [nktoday.kr] [korea-dpr.com]
- Anti-DPRK news analysis: [kcnawatch.co] [nknews.org] [dailynk.com]
- Online portals administered by membership among the General Association of Korean Residents in Japan: [kcna.co.jp], which is geo-blocked [archive.fo/wCYos], accessible by VPN only; video pages, in Korean [youtube.com/user/uriminzokkiri], and in English language [youtube.com/user/rodrigorojo1] [youtube.com/user/stimmekoreas]; and unofficial pages at facebook.com [archive.fo/aQ7ZL] [archive.fo/9drN7], and past efforts at breaking the blockade of censorship [archive.fo/6GUUK].
The Criminal Law of the DPRK (2009) (.pdf) [is.gd/FxPsJb]; Taxation in the DPRK [archive.fo/8E73H]
Report to the Seventh Congress of the Workers' Party of Korea on the Work of the Central Committee (2016-06-20, Kim Jong Un, Chairman, Worker's Party of Korea) (.pdf) [link]
DPRK: Civil & Society News -
* "The Happiest People on Earth" video: ‘We have the greatest leaders and the happiest lives’: how North Koreans characterize living in the world’s most isolated country. RTD had the good fortune to experience life in North Korea and meet its citizens.
- [archive.is/usgBK]: North Koreans are always baffled when they find out how health care works in the rest of the world.
DPRK: Economic News -
International economic law and relations: [archive.fo/ZQFzW] [archive.fo/zBS1S] [archive.fo/NDQxp]; "New Era of Prosperity Now Opens" (2017) [archive.fo/GrogV]; "High-Tech 'Made in DPRK' " (2016-06-18) [youtube.com/watch?v=kghkIE4Altc]; Paektu Exchange [paektuculturalexchange.org]
DPRK: Foreign Relations -
"Future of Humankind Is Guaranteed under Socialism"[archive.fo/e2pa3]
DPRK: Foreign Hostilities -
[ncnk.org]; "History of U.S. Sabotage of Korean Peace and Reunification" (2001) [archive.fo/hyFlf]
Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Kingdom of Cambodia
Republic of the Philippines
Maps: National Territory [archive.fo/TmfDQ], as defined by Existing Laws and Treaties [archive.fo/kLpoZ], EEZ seabed relief map [archive.fo/vPe7J], EEZ dispute with PR China [archive.fo/Sx094], Marine Entitlements [archive.fo/jSZE1].
News sources: [karapatan.org/news] [davaotoday.com] [themaharlikan.info].
* "Philippines bans private use of firecrackers to avoid deaths & injuries" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/nKco8]
* "Philippines: Marawi Will Not Become ISIS Hub Or Province" (2017-06-20, southfront.org) [archive.fo/xZz5q]
* "Philippine military launch offensive in Marawi" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/QukvT]
* "Military forces in South Philippines launch push, aim to end battle by weekend" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/vkndF]
* "Philippines’ Duterte apologizes for war in Marawi; Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte apologized Tuesday for a military offensive that has left the nation's main Muslim city in ruins, but said it was needed to crush militants linked to the Daesh group" (2017-06-20, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/tcgPr]
* "Duterte apologizes to displaced families from Marawi for declaring martial law" (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/087Rf]
* "ISIS-linked militants storm school, take hostages in south Philippines village" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/ETKVj]
* "Gunmen raid school in southern Philippines, withdraw later; Gunmen have raided a school in a town in the southern Philippines but later withdrew, according to police and officials" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/yg55h]
* "Philippines' Duterte warns of more bombings in Mindanao" (2017-06-21, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/Qkzt8]
* "Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia to cooperate on security surge" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/mQvq2]
Towards a People's Republic of the Philippines
[ndfp.net] [philippinerevolution.net] [facebook.com/NDFP.IIO]
Bangsamoro (including MNLF; MILF; ARMM)
Republic of Indonesia
Commonwealth of Australia
Sovereign Union of First Nations Peoples
Realm of New Zealand / Aotearoa
Occupied State of West Papua
More info at [is.gd/QP7z99]
News from the people of Micronesia, Melanesia, & Polynesia
United Nations (UN)
UN Peacekeeping Operations map [archive.fo/wTpdj]
* "Russian diplomat Voronkov becomes first UN Counterterrorism chief" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/176yE]
* "UN renews appeal for increased humanitarian funds; The United Nations has issued a new appeal for humanitarian funds from donor countries, saying the current finances only suffice a quarter of what is needed worldwide" (2017-06-21, presstv.ir) [archive.fo/dWahW]
* "UN Human Rights Council adopts China-proposed resolution" (2017-06-23, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/JE2nO]
research from the Committee for the Study of
HISTORY AND THE CURRENT CONTEXT
* "The Absolutely True, Somewhat Spurious and Totally Impossible" (1995-04-12, sfweekly.com)
[is.gd/iIoPKQ] [begin excerpt]
Satanic Nazis and Cancer — The Death of Mae Brussell -
We are approaching the outer limits of conspiracy; that gray expanse ahead is no man's land, where conjecture and fact meld into a tumorous lump visible only to the most sensitive X-ray machine.
In the spring of 1988, the Grand Dame of Conspiracy, Mae Brussell, left the radiowaves after 18 years due to a clutch of death threats more graphic than usual. The phone calls she was receiving from someone claiming to be “a fascist and proud of it” had rattled the indomitable Brussell, as had a mysterious break-in at her Carmel home, in which nothing was stolen, but all her furniture had been rearranged. A jigsaw puzzle piece taped to her wall was accompanied by a handwritten note: “We were here.” That summer, she developed cancer; by autumn, Brussell, 66, was dead.
It's only fitting that the specter of conspiracy should shroud the death of Mae Brussell. For 20 years, she had been a revered ranter on the conspiracy scene — patron saint of the paranoid underground. The great-granddaughter of San Francisco clothing mogul Cyril Magnin, Brussell found her life's calling tracking the legacy of the Secret Government and the gaggle of Nazis who ran it. Sure as shootin', behind every political scandal and assassination, Brussell found the telltale footprints of a goose-stepping fascist.
Her thesis was simple: Nazism survived WWII — not the homespun, skinhead nazism of soccer and oi!, but real bona fide German Nazism. Nazi doctors, Nazi scientists and, most importantly, Nazi spies all successfully escaped the vengeance of the Allies by becoming the Allies.
Though she was often derided as a bag of nuts, some of Brussell's assertions have been substantiated by more mainstream researchers. It was Brussell who first opened the historical closet that hid the story of Nazi spymaster General Reinhard Gehlen. At the end of WWII, Gehlen made a deal with Uncle Sam and was absorbed, along with all of his contacts and data, into the American intelligence community. [page]
And that's what makes the last chapter of Brussell's life so disturbing to hardcore conspiracy theorists like Dave Emory and John Judge, not to mention the conspiracy zine Paranoia (#7). At the time she was forced off the air, Brussell had been investigating those connections between the CIA (read: the Nazis) and satanic cults in the U.S. military. Just as Judge maintains that MKULTRA wasn't stopped in the early '70s, Brussell insisted the mind-control effort didn't die at Jonestown, but metamorphosed into a diabolic satanic conspiracy.
The conspiracy press has spent much time debating the government's ability to induce cancer through the use of microwave radiation or the introduction of cancer “microbes” into a person's body. While there is no definitive proof, many conspiracy theorists and fringe physicians agree that it is possible for The Man to give you the big “C” should he choose to do so. Was Mae Brussell “cancered” because she got too close to the truth … again? [end excerpt]
* "The Moonies" (1992, by Harry V. Martin and David Caul, FreeAmerica online journal) [archive.fo/uy85T] [begin excerpt]: Rev. Sun Myung Moon may preach that he is the Adam and the Christ reincarnate, but he has been accused in a 447 page Congressional report with bribery, bank fraud, illegal kickbacks and illegal sale of arms. He was also accused of attempting to secretly build nuclear weapons for Korea. A Congressional report also indicated that Rev. Moon's Unification Church was founded by a director of the Korean Central Intelligence Agency, Kim Chong Pil, as a political tool in 1961.
The House report states, "Kim Chong Pil organized the Unification Church while he was director of the ROK (Republic of Korea) Central Intelligence Agency, and has been using the church, which has a membership of 27,000, as a political tool." Kim was among the inner core of Army officers who led the coup that brought President Park Chung Hee to power in 1961. "Members of the church are actively engaged in increasing membership in farming villages. The church apparently has considerable money, because it pays influential people in the villages a substantial sum for joining the church." The Moon organization denies any ties with the Korean government or intelligence community.
In 1977 Congressman Donald Frazer launched an investigation into Moon's background. The House Committee report states that it uncovered evidence that the Moon organization had systematically violated U.S. tax, immigration, banking, currency and foreign agent registration laws. The report indicates that Moon was paid by the Korean CIA to stage demonstrations at the United Nations and run pro-South Korean propaganda efforts. The investigator for the report commented, "We determined that their primary interest, at least in the U.S. at that time, was not religious at all, but was political, it was an attempt to gain power, influence and authority." But after the inauguration of President Ronald Reagan all investigations were halted. Moon was Vice President George Bush's guest at the inauguration and was a major financial contributor to the Washington conservative establishment.
Moon's most expensive political project was the creation of the Washington Times. "Washington is the most important single city in the world. If you can achieve influence, if you can achieve visibility, if you can achieve a measure of respect in Washington, then you fairly automatically are going to achieve these things in the rest of the world. There is no better agency or instrument that I know of for achieving power here or almost anywhere else than a newspaper." These were the words of Rev. Moon. President Bush admits the first thing he does in the morning is to read the Washington Times. Ironically, Napa Sentinel Publisher Harry V. Martin received an offer to become editor of a New York newspaper, News World, which was to commence publishing on December 31, 1976. It was the forerunner of the Washington Times. Martin was promised that if he took over the editorship of the New York paper he would be named editor of the Washington Times. After a thorough investigation of its ownership and upon learning Rev. Moon was in charge, Martin declined the job.
The newspaper policy was subtle, in which editors were to use key words to emphasize political messages. Specific organizations were targeted. The Washington Times gained access to American television. The newspaper fostered the likes of Pat Buchanan, Bill Rusher and Mona Sharon, who suddenly became TV personalities, but were little known before the Times. When Martin declined the assignment, James Whalen accepted it, but he soon became disillusioned. "When we started the paper, there was never any question that it would, in any fashion, project the views or the agenda of Moon or the Unification Church. All to the contrary. We said, look, we're going to put a high wall in place It's going to be a sturdy wall, and it will divide us from you," Whalen said. But Whalen's wall of editorial independence was often breached. "Moon, himself, gave direct instructions to the editors, of who Ð in fact, called the shots. Ultimately, Moon calls all the shots. The Washington Times has become a Moonie newspaper," Whalen said.
The Washington Times is quoted virtually every hour on the hour by Voice of America and on the BBC. When Whalen resigned, Arneau de Borgrave took over. He maintains that the editorial department has complete freedom. But no way, says William Chester. "I protested to Mr. de Borgrave and I was honest when I saw this happening, telling him that this was unethical, improper, unprofessional, and ought to stop. And I also said it was dumb." Chester and four other editors resigned after de Borgrave ordered an about-face on an editorial critical of the South Korean government. The U.S. Justice Department won't investigate complaints that the Washington Times may be in violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act.
The Times provided editorial and financial support to the Contras. When Col. Oliver North wrote a top secret memo proposing the formation of a private foundation called the Nicaraguan Freedom Fund, the Washington Times announced the formation of the foundation on their front page. The Times contributed $100,000 to the cause.
Moon also founded the World Media Association, which pays journalists for junkets all over the world. He told a television show, "There is a total war, basically a war of ideas, war of minds, the battlefield of the human mind. This (the media) is where the battle is fought. So, in this war, all weapons will be mobilized, political means, social means, economic means and propagandist means, and basically trying to take over the person's mind. That is what the Third World War is all about, the war of ideology."
Moon has supplied materials for the rally in support of the Persian Gulf War, slick voter score cards, 30 million pieces of political literature. He sponsors the American Freedom Coalition, which may be in violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act. The Act states that any organization involved in political activities, controlled or directed by a foreign principle must register with the U.S. Department of Justice. One third of the Coalition's money came from the Unification Church.
A federal investigation into Moon's finances led to a 1982 trial on charges of conspiracy and filing false tax returns. Moon was sent to the federal correctional institution in Danbury, Connecticut. He remained there for 13 months.
Moon has sought to influence the American political agenda by pouring more than a billion dollars into the media. Moon looks upon the media as almost the nervous system for a global empire. After his imprisonment he began a media blitz called The New Birth Project. It's strategy was to show that Moon's prosecution was really racial and religious persecution. [end excerpt]
* "Was the AIDS Virus tested on Expendable People?" (1995, by Harry V. Martin) [archive.is/1f9ZO], also posted as "Foundation of AIDS" [archive.fo/w9stk] [begin excerpt]:
INDIANS KEY SUBJECT OF EXPERIMENTS -
But gay men in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles, were not the only people subjected to the experiment. The Dena' Ina Tribe, which resides on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska, were also subject to the experimental hepatitis B vaccine. The United States government has used indigenous people for experimentation for years. "It is apparent that virtually all field trials of new vaccines in the United States are done amongst indigenous tribes in Alaska," states a report from the Traditional Dena' Ina Health Committee in Sterling, Alaska. "The Alaskan villages are ideal because of their isolation from outsiders, and it is a controlled environment. The indigenous People are also referred to as a 'resource for studying health problems which will benefit other populations." If the vast majority of those gay men who received the experimental hepatitis B vaccine in the late 1970s and early 1980s developed AIDS, how well did the Alaskan natives fair in the same experiments?
The Alaskan natives were recipients of the same vaccine experiment in the early 1980s. Hepatitis B was introduced into the Alaskan native culture in the 1940s, through blood transfusions, I.V. users, open cuts or sores, or impure vaccines. In the 1940s, World War Two soldiers were inoculated with an impure yellow fever vaccine that is believed to have caused anywhere from 175,000 to 600,000 men being contaminated with the hepatitis B virus. During a demonstration of safety for the hepatitis B vaccine in 1981, used on Yupik Eskimos in Alaska, 27 persons developed hepatitis B virus infection after the start of the vaccination program. This has concerned the native population. The Traditional Dena' Ina Health Committee states, "we question the safety of trial vaccines and other vaccination." Their concern focused on the spread of AIDS in Africa through smll pox vaccinations. There concerned is doubled over the fact that one year after the hepatitis B experimental vaccine program was administered on them and on gay men in San Francisco, 41 percent of all the reported AIDS cases in San Francisco were from members of the experimental group.
The introduction of the experimental hepatitis B vaccine in Alaska was puzzling to the natives. In 1982, a geographic map showed that Alaska had one of the lowest rates of hepatitis B in the world - there was no need for the experiment. So how have the natives of Alaska faired since receiving the first-leg of experimental shots? "It is wll known that it takes 20 to 40 years to know the outcome of a vaccine. We also know that since the introduction of vaccines on the indigenous people of Alaska, we have had outbreaks of tuberculosis, meningitis, flu, suicides, alcoholism, bizarre behavior, and AIDS-related diseases," states the Traditional Dena' Ina Health Committee. "These outbreaks are occurring in the same villages that took part in the trial hepatitis B vaccine in 1981. In these same vllages about 75 percent have no water or sewage system."
CHARGES OF GENOCIDE -
During the Indigenous Peoples, Tribes, Villages and Nations of Alaska second assembly of the Combined Traditional Council of Elders, held in Anchorage in 1990, a resolution was introduced concerning the efforts of the United States govemment to use Alaska natives as guinea pigs. "Be it resolved by the Assembly of the Combined Traditional Council of Elders conduct or cause to be conducted, the research and documentation necessary to present formal charges of genocide and ethnocide against all persons and/or governments and/or their creatures or agents, in a court of competent jurisdiction." In another resolution, the Traditional Dena' Ina Health Committee, states, "The indigenous native people have been used as a target group without our informed consent has led to an almost total loss of confidence in the Federal and State governments and their contractors in the administration of designer health programs with designer drugs and vaccines, and certain scientific evidence and documentation from reputable medical sources indicate that the indigenous people of Alaska are being utilized in medical experimentation which utilizes vaccines which are either experimental, contaminated, or have deleterious effects upon their entry into the blood system."
Mary Ann Mills, a councilmember of the Traditional Dena' Ina Tribe, has fought the United States government, charging it with violation of various compacts it signed through the United Nations. "We find that the root of the problem stems from the paternalism of the colonial government. The Indigenous People lived a healthy, self-sustaining life with the Earth, animals, and one another before this assumption of authority (by the United States)," she said. "Some diseases, such as hepatitis B and perhaps even AIDS, have been introduced into our ethnic group by the federal government through a mass, and often mandatory immunization program. Several types of experimental vaccines have been introduced to the Native People of Alaska." She notes that the Tribe has documentation from doctors, scientists, universities, and medical reports that the hepatitis B vaccine used in these immunization programs contains the same pathogens as the AIDS virus. "The fact that the Indigenous Native People have been used without our informed consent has led to an almost total loss of confidence in the federal and state governments in the administration of health programs with drugs and vaccines." Concerned with the welfare and even possible extinction of her Tribe, she states, "The Dena'ina People would like to express that if our Native Alaskan culture is destroyed, it will exist nowhere else. We have a vast and rich land. We did not displace anyone by coming here or do harm to anyone's way of life. We have shared generously everything we have. Now we are poor, sick and distressed."
She says that it would seem reasonable that with so many government health, educational, and social programs, the Tribe should be very healthy. "Yet, under the occupying governments, the reality is: Alaska Natives have the highest rates in any group in Alaska of poverty, disease, alcoholism, suicide, high school drop-outs, mental health problems, unemployment, incarceration, and the list goes on and on in an unending cycle of genocide. It is easy to see that the programs that have been thrust upon us are working to assist our demise." She has expressed these concerns before the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Indian Affairs. Mills, among others, is protesting against a mass trial hepatitis B vaccine program. The trial program was a statewide effort by the Public Health Service aimed exclusively at the indigenous People of Alaska. It was originally introduced in the isolated Yupik villages in 1981 and then amongst other Alaska indigenous People. After studying the research for seven years of the experimental hepatitis B vaccine, Mills and Bernadine Atchison, discovered that the plasma based hepatitis B vaccine could have contained tainted blood that could posses the threat of Auto Immune diseases. They discovered that the United States has a document called the United States Arctic Research Plan of 1987, which contains the policy over Alaska. In this plan, Alaska is referred to as "a natural laboratory and as such a region where health research may have broad implications and applications." The Arctic Research Plan also refers to the indigenous People of Alaska as a "comprehensive health research project" and refers to the people as a "resource for studying health problems which will benefit other populations." [...]
Records on persons subjected to the 1981 experimental hepatitis B vaccine have be appropriated by the U.S. Army on the eve of a major worldwide Health Conference in Alaska That conference was set to hear the native protests and documentation of what the native population is calling "genocide". [end excerpt]
* U.S. Friends of the Soviet People [facebook.com/groups/528711703837621]
In the USA's narrative of World War Two, "bloodthirsty Stalin" after having murdered 110 million Russians, was prepared for an invasion of Europe to extract more blood, but Europe united and defeated Stalin. There are three incorrect points to this narrative, one of which is addressed here with evidence which destructs the propaganda point that Stalin was prepared for an invasion of Europe.
* "Russian MoD declassifies docs on Soviet Union’s preparedness for 1941 Nazi invasion" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/ivXFo] [begin excerpt]: In 1952, the Soviet General Staff gathered a task force in its military science and history directorate, headed by Colonel-General Aleksandr Pokrovsky. Their task was to collect data, including eyewitness accounts, on the state of the Red Army shortly before and in the first part of the war with the Nazis.
As part of the study, Pokrovsky gathered accounts from surviving officers, who were in charge of the three western military districts and responsible for protecting the border. Among the five questions he asked for were details of how the Soviet armed forces prepared for a looming Nazi attack, how they responded to it, and whether or not the staff maintained control over the troops during the first frantic days of fighting.
The answers show disparity among various units, some of which were poorly-suited to perform their duties, while others managed to mount counterattacks. Some officers recall a shortage of trained officers and materiel, lack of communications equipment and transport, and other factors plaguing their troops and HQs.
Bagramyan, who headed Operations at the Kiev Special Military District in 1941, recalled how the HQ he was part of and the district artillery had been deployed ahead of the attack.
“By the beginning of hostilities all corps and division level artillery of the district was embedded with its units,” he wrote, adding that the warplanes in the district were successfully redeployed before the invasion, which saved them from destruction in the early days. [...]
The ministry has declassified about a hundred of pages of archived documents ahead of the anniversary of June 22, 1945, the beginning of the war with the Nazis. It says the memoirs may be somewhat subjective, but prove that the Soviet leadership objectively saw the German forces as superior to theirs in terms of experience and resources, and hoped to stall Moscow’s joining of World War II in order to better prepare for it. [end excerpt]
* "Moscow’s last stand: How Soviet troops defeated Nazis for first time in WW2" (2017-05-06, rt.com) [archive.is/4inrt]
Northbay Uprising FM Radio News is broadcast courtesy of 89.5 FM-KZCT [OzcatRadio.com]
On Ozcat Radio, tune-in online [is.gd/kJ1EUt] for:
- The Stranger News, broadcast Thursdays, 5 to 5:30pm, featuring latest news on science, technology, space, and cutting-edge research on the mind, world history, and entheogenics!
- The Northbay UpRising Morningshow, broadcast Tuesdays, 7 to 9am, with local news, and topics on Peace, the Ecology, Do-It-Yourself ideas, and Communitarianism!
- KBBF Weekly News, broadcast Tuesdays at 8:45pm, on the Northbay UpRising morningshow!
Also tune-in to these other radio shows!
* KZFR Peace and Social Justice Show
THEE STRANGER NEWS
A Liberated Zone on the FM, to enhance alternative culture and cognitive freedom!
Convened by Dr.G., a Renegade Illuminati, convening Thee Temple [link], for knowledge, whimsy, and inspiration. Everything is true, nothing is forbidden!
Broadcast Thursdays at 89.5 FM KZCT in Vallejo, California, to a worldwide audience.
Science & Futurism
* "Chinese scientists discover new type of fermion" (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/eaz6V]
* "UW researchers probe polymer able to conduct ions, electrons" (2017-06-20, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/LpgFu]
* "China,USA Schemists Create 3-D Printed Graphene Foam" (2017-06-21, plenglish.com) [archive.fo/S3aAY]
* "Hawking: We need to go to other worlds, Earth becoming too small for us" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/2SYbg]
* "Europe’s Space Agency approves alien-hunt project" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/azhbU]
* "UA Scientists and the Curious Case of the Warped Kuiper Belt; The plane of the solar system is warped in the outer reaches of the Kuiper Belt, signaling the presence of an unknown Mars-to-Earth-mass planetary object far beyond Pluto, according to new research from the UA" (2017-06-20, uanews.arizona.edu) [archive.is/Hhp3o]
* "Scientists say there may be yet another unseen planet at solar system’s edge" (2017-06-21, geekwire.com) [archive.fo/wx4R6]
* "Mysterious ‘unseen planetary mass’ lurking at edge of solar system" (2017-06-23, rt.com) [archive.fo/xeLWs]
* "Marco Polo, first Westerner to say that Tibet is part of China: Chinese scholar" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/5Ph1n]:
Hao Shiyuan, a scholar with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS), said in a recent visit to Spain that in the 13th century, Marco Polo, who toured China for 17 years, was the first Westerner to say that Tibet is part of China.
Hao, director of the Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology under the CASS, visited Spain as member of a delegation of Cultural Exchange of Tibet, which participated in a conference entitled "The history and the actuality of Tibet".
Hao said that according to Marco Polo, since the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368), Tibet was under China's rule, as reflected by the Italian in his book entitled "Travels of Marco Polo".
"Tibet is a big land where people have their own language and idolatry. But all of their affairs are placed under the management of the Yuan Emperor," Marco Polo then wrote in his book.
Hao also presented the situation of Tibet before and after 1959, the year when this autonomous region was peacefully liberated. He said that since the 18th century, many Western people have described a system of servitude in Tibet.
Hao said that Tibet, before the democratic reform in 1959, had a theocratic feudal serfdom, darker than the Dark Age of Medieval Europe. Governmental officials, aristocrats and senior lamas, who represented merely 5 percent of the population, had the monopoly on all cultivated land, pastures, mountains, rivers, and most of the cattle. The other 95 percent of serfs and slaves possessed neither productive materials nor personal freedom.
Samuel Turnei, of the British India Company, visited Xigatze in 1783 and described Tibet as follows: Tibet first appears to travelers as the worst place on earth, showing a great extent of cultural incompetence.
In 1904, when British colonialists invaded Tibet again, an army journalist, Edmund Candler, gave the true nature of Tibetan society -- like the serfs during the middle ages of Europe.
"Yet, this (Potala) palace, where dwells the divine incarnation of the Bodhisat, the head of the Buddhist Church, must have witnessed more murders and instigations to crime than the most blood-stained castle in medieval Europe."
"The monks are the overlords, the peasantry their serfs," described Edmund Candler in his book "The Unveiling of Lhasa".
In ancient Tibet, there was no school in the modern sense. Education was monopolized by the monasteries and less than 2 percent of children had access to school. Some 95 percent of the labor force was illiterate.
Now, Hao said Tibet has a completely modern education system with distinctive local features, covering preschool, primary, secondary and higher education, occupational education, continued education and special education.
Hao Shiyuan provided the latest figures for 2016, when Tibet had 6 institutions of higher learning, 127 middle schools and 826 primary schools. The total enrollment was over half a million. Some 98.9 percent of children are enrolled in primary schools, 23.4 percent in colleges. Illiteracy fell to 1.2 percent. Average span of education for people over 15 years old has grown to 7.3 years.
Last year, Tibet maintained double digital economic growth and people's living standard continued to rise, with per capita urban distributable income reached 27,875 yuan (4,082.75 U.S. dollars), up 10 percent year on year; rural 9,316 yuan, up 13 percent.
However, the modernization of Tibet is still a major challenge for the Chinese government, because modernization at 4,000 meters above sea level is a pioneering effort with no prior models to follow, Hao said.
Population of the Tibet Autonomous Region is now about 3.2 million, with 27.74 percent urban and 72.26 percent rural. The economic and social development of Tibet remains a long and difficult task during China's modernization drive, he said.
Hao's delegation met on June 16 with President of the Constitutional Commission of the Senate of Spain, Juan Jose Lucas, while the day before, it was at a conference at the Confucius Institute in Barcelona.
* "Florida Frontiers: Did ancient Maya visit Florida?" (2017-06-20, floridatoday.com) [archive.fo/0WXKk]
* "Could Ancient Greek Myths Hint at Contact With South America?" (2017-05-27, Epoch Times newspaper) [archive.is/6agNN]
* "Mysterious 3,000-year-old ‘sun altar’ discovered in northwest China" (2017-06-22, rt.com) [archive.fo/1becd], video [youtube.com/watch?v=GmlyiVcnwM0]
* "Stunned archaeologists discover 3,400-year-old ancient Egyptian tomb containing more than a DOZEN mummies on an island in the Nile; The mysterious vault, which has multiple chambers, is believed to hold the remains of a wealthy gold miner and his family" (2017-06-20, thesun.co.uk) [archive.is/IhmQS]
* "This is how cats conquered the world since Stone Age" (2017-06-20, cgtn.com) [archive.fo/nRuR5]
* "From Egypt to Ancient Rome: How Tabby Cats Came to Rule the World Revealed; A genetic study has revealed how Felis silvestris lybica, the wild eastern forebear of all modern cats, spread across the Earth – beginning in Egypt, cats lived alongside humans and provided pest control. Their spread became unstoppable when they began traveling by sea, brought by crews to hunt vermin" (2017-06-20, sputniknews.com) [archive.fo/xfCpg]
* "Argentina: 128-Year-Old Man Claims He's Hitler, Authorities Find Nazi Trove; An allegedly 128-year-old man in Salta, Argentina has announced he is in fact former Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, and has spent the last 70 years in hiding. While his claims stretch the bounds of believability to breaking point, they coincide with the discovery of a trove of Nazi memorabilia in the country" (2017-06-20, sputniknews.com) [archive.fo/I0nMV]
* "Giant squid wraps tentacles around paddleboard, knocks beachgoer into water" (2017-06-21, rt.com) [archive.fo/PjrlY]
Still terrifying, but nothing matches the instinctual fear of The Kraken, or it's running mate, the Giant Octopus!
* "Are massive squid really the sea monsters of legend? For centuries people have spun tales of sea monsters with giant tentacles that drag people to their doom. Is there any truth to the stories?" (2014-12-12, bbc.com) [archive.fo/FahM8]
* "The real-life origins of the legendary Kraken" (2015-12-30, theconversation.com) [archive.fo/Es2ii]
* "Kraken: The real-life origins of the legendary sea monster; Legends say that the fearsome Kraken could devour a ship’s entire crew at once" (2016-01-04, independent.co.uk) [archive.fo/gU1Uk]
* "Giant Octopus" video [youtube.com/watch?v=Yp3QUJcagxM]
* "Antarctic researchers take icy plunge to celebrate solstice" (2017-06-22, news.cgtn.com) [archive.fo/r1Hty]
* "Research Confirms Deep Sea Electric Current, Origin of Life in Earth" (2017-06-21, plenglish.com) [archive.fo/Nw8s9]
On OzcatRadio.com, 89.5 FM KZCT, with a listener audience in the thousands across the Northbay and worldwide...
Also tune-in to...
* "Rhythms with Rich": Mondays, 3 to 6pm
* "Bass Fix": Sundays 9pm to early morning; Fridays, 3 to 6pm (TGIF Edition). DJ Bacher keeps the bass flowing with the best in today's independent electronic music. [soundcloud.com/knickerbacher]
* "The Irie Radio Show", conscious roots reggae and dancehall, Fridays, 6 to 9pm
* "Grateful Siren and Mose Show" (@GratefulSirenAndMoseShowOnOzcatRadio) [facebook.com/GratefulSirenAndMoseShowOnOzcatRadio] We play an eclectic blend of reggae, blues, rock and, of course, the Grateful Dead, every Monday night from 9-midnight
* Talking Schmidt, Sunday 8 to 9pm, with Rock, Blues, Classics, with new, unsigned, alternative artists!
* Sunrise, Sunset, and Daylength [timeanddate.com/sun/usa/vallejo]
* Traffic [sigalert.com]
* "Medicare Health Fair set for July 16" (2017-06-23, dailyrepublic.com) [http://www.dailyrepublic.com/solano-news/fairfield/medicare-health-fair-set-for-july-16/]
* Fairfield Together comes to Cordelia Community Park with a monthly live-music & food truck event, held every fourth Sunday of each month (July 23; August 27; Sept. 24), from 4 to 8 p.m, hosted by the Fairfield Parks and Recreation Department. Map [archive.fo/iH8P9]
* "Fairfield Fire Station 35 opens with more than 100 people at event" (2017-06-23, dailyrepublic.com) [http://www.dailyrepublic.com/solano-news/fairfield/fire-station-35-opens-with-more-than-100-people-at-event/]
* "Nautical-themed art park on Mare Island" (2017-06-22, timesheraldonline.com) [http://www.timesheraldonline.com/general-news/20170622/nautical-themed-art-park-on-mare-island], photo caption: Oscar Rivera adds rubber water around a large octopus that will be part of artist Tom Arie Donch’s nautical-themed art park on Mare Island.
Ecology News, including a Spotlight on Local Flora & Fauna!
Communitarian News, sharing information on positive developments in localized technology and governance
Peace & Justice
* "India converges to celebrate Int'l Yoga Day" (2017-06-21, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/GZquy]
* "India-inspired International Yoga Day promotes global health, well-being" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/W01AK]
* "China's Yi shamans struggle to survive" (2017-06-19, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/BfNgJ]
* "Kenya's elephant population grows by 15 pct in 3 years" (2017-06-22, news.xinhuanet.com) [archive.fo/8M1MJ]
* "Chamomile plain in Ardebil" (2017-06-20) [en.alalam.ir/news/1985987]: Chamomile is a well-known medicinal plant species from the Asteraceae family often referred to as the "star among medicinal species". Ardebil province enjoys a beautiful nature full of plains of Chamomile flowers.
* "Amercia's first President - John Hanson" (1995, by Harry V. Martin) [archive.fo/LvwuS]
- "An Organic Conversation" Fridays, 8 to 9am (Organic Media Network, anorganicconversation.com)
THE RAW DATA, for inclusion on this news page
NBU News (2017-06-29) News Cycle (2017-06-20 through 2017-06-26)
- 1 /
- 2 /
- 3 /
- 4 /
- 5 /
- 6 /
Newspapers / Online News Journals (original content; professional writers):
- (through 2017-06-23)
** (commondreams.org/newswire) (commondreams.org/news)
- (through 2017-06-20)
** (Indybay.org) (is.gd/HTErMT) (is.gd/wNO47l)
- (2017-06-21) [archive.fo/l6RyU] [archive.fo/ZBwbD] [archive.fo/PUP02] [archive.is/ESLLo] [archive.is/s6Lzp] [archive.is/hkLnq] [archive.is/I3pOa] [archive.fo/WeyVY]
- (2017-06-22) N/A
- (2017-06-20) [archive.fo/PMmdp] [archive.fo/fpGCL] [archive.fo/tg0P8] [archive.fo/ixFEQ] [archive.fo/MWu3q] [archive.fo/XOVeB] [archive.fo/p81N3]
- (2017-06-21) [archive.is/goQq5] [archive.fo/vIOME]
- (2017-06-22) [archive.fo/oqbHN] [archive.fo/2Xvld] [archive.is/wLtNl]
- (through 2017-06-20)
- (2017-06-23) [archive.fo/NhOHI] [archive.fo/Z6tUo] [archive.fo/BvOvJ] [archive.fo/OktIp] [archive.fo/3esWt] [archive.fo/sRNlP] [archive.fo/Su7Lb] [archive.fo/TxMLS] [archive.fo/6mrYy]
- (2017-06-20) [archive.fo/Crxhj] [archive.fo/dQRSE] [archive.fo/14RGF] [archive.fo/Fzwjo] [archive.fo/gYQUJ] [archive.fo/TqQwL] [archive.fo/uQa76] [archive.fo/Utvxs]
- (2017-06-21) [archive.fo/sCni5] [archive.fo/SfHIr] [archive.fo/44mU7] [archive.fo/uHHkt] [archive.fo/Hwmw9] [archive.fo/iVG8u] [archive.fo/vKmla] [archive.fo/69GWv]
- (through 2017-06-22)
- (2017-06-20) [archive.fo/86xag] [archive.fo/wExye] [archive.fo/FiyH8] [archive.fo/NWzR2] [archive.fo/ZIz31] [archive.fo/buAf0] [archive.fo/XDf2D] [archive.fo/WAA1W] [archive.fo/VxV1f] [archive.fo/SpWZa] [archive.fo/NcDVH] [archive.fo/XVY6Z] [archive.fo/wdkGf] [archive.fo/TLk4d] [archive.fo/SIF3w] [archive.fo/DOGPs] [archive.fo/ebmp6] [archive.fo/YeIbl] [archive.fo/lMIzj] [archive.fo/V9n9X] [archive.fo/wv3KB] [archive.fo/Ih3WA] [archive.fo/E94Uv] [archive.fo/3KKja] [archive.fo/fwKu9] [archive.fo/MLq3I]
- (2017-06-21) [archive.fo/H06lk] [archive.fo/ErUrg] [archive.fo/7ddSH] [archive.fo/8fSTo] [archive.fo/WtSHp] [archive.fo/m9R7s] [archive.fo/qhQ9x] [archive.fo/FbQnB] [archive.fo/tpQbC] [archive.fo/jI901] [archive.fo/Wa9C3] [archive.fo/BK8ha] [archive.fo/6BLJZ] [archive.fo/xhK92] [archive.fo/NepoN] [archive.fo/Og4pu] [archive.fo/PjJqb] [archive.fo/Ro3rz] [archive.fo/uTH4i] [archive.fo/vWm4Z] [archive.fo/atGIp] [archive.fo/Q6knd] [archive.fo/Uejpi]
- (2017-06-22) [archive.fo/7M8sT] [archive.fo/p7PNo] [archive.fo/xJbWB] [archive.fo/Vhckz] [archive.fo/Ccy3J] [archive.fo/nizPF] [archive.fo/XFfqj] [archive.fo/kaANA] [archive.fo/sOBXu] [archive.fo/Cvh75] [archive.fo/BsC7o] [archive.fo/ykD5j] [archive.fo/H1kfU] [archive.fo/s7k1Q] [archive.fo/PgLWq] [archive.fo/pDrw4] [archive.fo/YXr61] [archive.fo/TJ83y] [archive.fo/4tueQ] [archive.fo/EP9Pu] [archive.fo/zCQL1] [archive.fo/KmbXj] [archive.fo/E8STQ] [archive.fo/PSd48] [archive.fo/ZyUfJ] [archive.fo/9fAqk] [archive.fo/bDDv4] [archive.fo/lkjGF] [archive.fo/ISj4D] [archive.fo/6qksB] [archive.fo/3ilqw] [archive.fo/2fGpP] [archive.fo/aTHzJ] [archive.fo/7LIxE] [archive.fo/teoUe] [archive.fo/CU44P] [archive.fo/dhKFt] [archive.fo/APK3r]
- (2017-06-20) [archive.fo/xcFBu] [archive.fo/rZmx1] [archive.fo/1jm7Y] [archive.fo/pT2wD] [archive.fo/Nr2UB] [archive.fo/Ybn5T] [archive.fo/W8I5c] [archive.fo/SX42q] [archive.fo/4J5ep] [archive.fo/WOneR]
- (2017-06-21) [archive.fo/FnQ7q] [archive.fo/TfbkN] [archive.fo/iSvJ9] [archive.fo/vHaWP] [archive.fo/Vkvmb] [archive.fo/xMuYd] [archive.fo/l0uMe] [archive.fo/Zu9oX] [archive.fo/BW80Z] [archive.fo/POtem] [archive.fo/rdNPH] [archive.fo/ti7Q5] [archive.fo/TY7g8] [archive.fo/nM5Jg] [archive.fo/JZH2b] [archive.fo/PL7CQ]
- (2017-06-22) [archive.fo/1QQTb] [archive.fo/eFv5R] [archive.fo/gKP7f] [archive.fo/tzvjV] [archive.fo/TcPJh] [archive.fo/uCakC] [archive.fo/ItuxZ] [archive.fo/wHul0] [archive.fo/KyOzn] [archive.fo/o58cN]
- (2017-06-23) [archive.fo/SZPPx] [archive.fo/7TO3B] [archive.fo/mNOhF] [archive.fo/pVNjK] [archive.fo/qYskr] [archive.fo/t6rmw] [archive.fo/wbLnU] [archive.fo/oApeH] [archive.fo/VwmIU] [archive.fo/gGj08]
- (through 2017-06-22) [archive.fo/QKB5h] [archive.fo/RNg5Y] [archive.fo/VXU8K] [archive.fo/8KOSk] [archive.fo/X1tG2] [archive.fo/bSNUp] [archive.fo/CyNks] [archive.fo/rPr9a] [archive.fo/FGMmx] [archive.fo/Tx6zU]
- (2017-06-23) [archive.fo/3qNuk] [archive.fo/4tsu1] [archive.fo/5v7vI] [archive.fo/u9rU4] [archive.fo/HX67K] [archive.fo/AmKYx] [archive.fo/fWJCE] [archive.fo/GCI2H] [archive.fo/7iIsK] [archive.fo/mcHGO] [archive.fo/rp0Kh] [archive.fo/3R0mj] [archive.fo/wDjNK] [archive.fo/yIDO8] [archive.fo/baDra] [archive.fo/ANXQw] [archive.fo/BQCRd] [archive.fo/1tXgz] [archive.fo/UALAB] [archive.fo/LWKqH] [archive.fo/bz4P3] [archive.fo/Htnjz] [archive.fo/wJ18h] [archive.fo/Xp1yk] [archive.fo/zR1am] [archive.fo/qbkZL] [archive.fo/2DkBN] [archive.fo/tjj1Q] [archive.fo/5LjDS] [archive.fo/8TiFX] [archive.fo/9VXGE] [archive.fo/0fhv3] [archive.fo/TGAnx] [archive.fo/HUAby] [archive.fo/kmzNA]
- (2017-06-20) [archive.fo/9nFSr] [archive.fo/cISIQ] [archive.fo/rCRWU] [archive.fo/47wzD] [archive.fo/hWbMj] [archive.fo/zX92s] [archive.fo/B3t3Q] [archive.fo/D8N5e] [archive.fo/smNTf] [archive.fo/4ONvh] [archive.fo/HgM7j] [archive.fo/vuMVk] [archive.fo/Ijr70] [archive.fo/a4Lzr] [archive.fo/b7qz8] [archive.fo/pYKNv] [archive.fo/1n5oQ] [archive.fo/q1pOc] [archive.fo/EFwdf] [archive.fo/s6JPA] [archive.fo/SJ4eW] [archive.fo/weIRF] [archive.fo/lvnGn] [archive.fo/zmHTK] [archive.fo/Nd167] [archive.fo/Ql09c] [archive.fo/fZlyy] [archive.fo/RoF9T] [archive.fo/5f0ng] [archive.fo/Tbg6V] [archive.fo/HpgUW] [archive.fo/UdV7C] [archive.fo/IrVVD] [archive.fo/wFVJE] [archive.fo/xIAKl] [archive.fo/NFeY6] [archive.fo/OHTZN] [archive.fo/p7eA8] [archive.fo/2zeda] [archive.fo/F3SPT] [archive.fo/SSx2z] [archive.fo/TVc3g] [archive.fo/xpRFZ] [archive.fo/KewSF] [archive.fo/MjQT3] [archive.fo/OpaVr] [archive.fo/qRaxt] [archive.fo/QuuWP] [archive.fo/3i99v] [archive.fo/TCtYU] [archive.fo/UE8ZB] [archive.fo/nqsq2] [archive.fo/BhMEp] [archive.fo/CkrE6] [archive.fo/ReqTa] [archive.fo/iW5jU] [archive.fo/7a47V] [archive.fo/TKXMx] [archive.fo/7ChZU] [archive.fo/nyWeF] [archive.fo/Z0VQH] [archive.fo/pEgf3] [archive.fo/eUU4L] [archive.fo/QkfF6] [archive.fo/WAdKg] [archive.fo/nZ86E] [archive.fo/dgNVm] [archive.fo/2xsJ4] [archive.fo/DWNlp] [archive.fo/EZsl6] [archive.fo/SQMzt] [archive.fo/wlrcc] [archive.fo/Y6KDD] [archive.fo/cX4Q0] [archive.fo/pMJ3G] [archive.fo/2eJFI] [archive.fo/rR344] [archive.fo/SZgm6] [archive.fo/tlVXK] [archive.fo/QTWlI] [archive.fo/qdWVF] [archive.fo/NLXjD] [archive.fo/ZxXvC] [archive.fo/MJiiW] [archive.fo/lUO5g] [archive.fo/TAIvO] [archive.fo/tXn6s] [archive.fo/Rvouq] [archive.fo/On8hS] [archive.fo/e37HV] [archive.fo/f6MIC] [archive.fo/g9rJj] [archive.fo/tX6VZ] [archive.fo/ib6J0] [archive.fo/HPq9m] [archive.fo/7sLyI] [archive.fo/IR593] [archive.fo/9x5z6] [archive.fo/zbpZs] [archive.fo/YOKoO] [archive.fo/1Vq8V] [archive.fo/N5pdw] [archive.fo/eLoDz] [archive.fo/Gt24j] [archive.fo/57ntF] [archive.fo/vKHS1] [archive.fo/Izm5H] [archive.fo/KEG65] [archive.fo/qeFLc] [archive.fo/sjZMA] [archive.fo/RXkbW] [archive.fo/iDjBZ] [archive.fo/gwd7v] [archive.fo/5MSWd] [archive.fo/vqdlz] [archive.fo/JhxyW] [archive.fo/xvxmX] [archive.fo/lJxaY] [archive.fo/yycnE] [archive.fo/ZebNH] [archive.fo/TH9FS] [archive.fo/v99hU] [archive.fo/8B8TW] [archive.fo/9ENUD] [archive.fo/oyM8H] [archive.fo/cMMWI] [archive.fo/Cp7l4] [archive.fo/fULYN] [archive.fo/Fx6n9] [archive.fo/vRqdy] [archive.fo/VuKCU]
- (through 2017-06-22) [archive.fo/0kenu]
- (2017-06-23) [archive.fo/JDEco] [archive.fo/XuYpL] [archive.fo/coXDP] [archive.fo/pdCQv] [archive.fo/euhFd] [archive.fo/togTh] [archive.fo/Lqe9q] [archive.fo/q0dNx] [archive.fo/ERx0U] [archive.fo/4uSqg] [archive.fo/FUc1B] [archive.fo/t8cPC] [archive.fo/TLxeY] [archive.fo/6AcrE] [archive.fo/krwE1] [archive.fo/lubFI] [archive.fo/K7v44] [archive.fo/BqPUt] [archive.fo/04ajP]
- (2017-06-24) [archive.fo/MLDet] [archive.fo/riWRT] [archive.fo/QWhhf] [archive.fo/4NBuC] [archive.fo/HfA6E] [archive.fo/vtAUF]
** (america.cgtn.com) (cgtn.com/news/section.do?curPage=0&category=1)
- (through 2017-06-22)
- (2017-06-23) [archive.fo/rvEHq] [archive.fo/Q8Y6M] [archive.fo/SbD7t] [archive.fo/40jj9] [archive.fo/hOYwP] [archive.fo/HsiWb] [archive.fo/65Dlx] [archive.fo/Wmiaf] [archive.fo/xLCLA] [archive.fo/YrCbD] [archive.fo/FaYaY] [archive.fo/GXy70] [archive.fo/9ISzr] [archive.fo/O8BWP] [archive.fo/7Uv9j] [archive.fo/lLQmG] [archive.fo/uQ4oz] [archive.fo/fEl59]
News Aggregators (collecting news from other sources with some original articles):
News Blogs (original content, analysis):
News Sources (organizations; fronts):
** (jamahiriyanewsagency.wordpress.com) Libyan language
- (w. attached photos)
** (ypgrojava.org/english) (facebook.com/RojavaDefenseUnits)
- (through 2017-06-20)
- (Saudi Aggression section)
- (2017-06-20) [archive.fo/X7iK6] [archive.fo/aVXXM] [archive.fo/nKDas] [archive.fo/bYCYt] [archive.fo/oNia9] [archive.fo/BBXnP] [archive.fo/OqCAv] [archive.fo/CECow] [archive.fo/e6B0y] [archive.fo/f9g1f] [archive.fo/FMBqB] [archive.fo/t0BeC] [archive.fo/ieA2D] [archive.fo/u3gfj] [archive.fo/MMvq6] [archive.fo/obP2r] [archive.fo/cpPQs] [archive.fo/7vfRl] [archive.fo/VJfFm] [archive.fo/iYwYY] [archive.fo/7cwMZ] [archive.fo/j1bZF] [archive.fo/KHbpI] [archive.fo/B3afO] [archive.fo/PUutb] [archive.fo/jIsVj] [archive.fo/JlNkF] [archive.fo/xzM8G] [archive.fo/Lq7l3] [archive.fo/1nLAO] [archive.fo/PBLoP] [archive.fo/UO4si] [archive.fo/VRJsZ] [archive.fo/YZIu4] [archive.fo/oC2Uq] [archive.fo/fY1Kw] [archive.fo/i60MB] [archive.fo/8nFBj] [archive.fo/gIXGR]
** (dninews.com) (dnipress.com)
** (youtube.com/user/KazzureEngSubtitles) (youtube.com/user/wintersodomy)
** Ukrainian Crisis (facebook.com/groups/267593370087233)
** IOUCO-International Observatory of Ukrainian Conflict (facebook.com/groups/IOUCO/1096637763782610)
Serbia / Srpska
** (b92.net/eng) (thesrpskatimes.com) (vladars.net/eng)
** (exploredprk.com) (facebook.com/ExploreDPRK)
All materials not authored by "The Northbay Uprising Media Collective" are ©, ® or ™ to their respective owners and authors, and are included in this database for evaluative purposes only, without commercial profit. For commercial use of the materials on this database, please contact the respective copyright owners of the materials. Copyright owners of materials on this page are not responsible for the contents of this database.
Instead of live links, this website primarily uses Archive.fo, which saves a text and a graphical copy of a web page with no active elements and no scripts, so they keep you safe as they cannot have any popups or malware! It timestamps the archived pages using UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) [worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx].
Please, donate to Archive.fo [liberapay.com/archiveis/donate]. Archive.fo uses Cloudflare, so users of VPN-based anonymous websurfing apps may have to set security off to avoid Captcha prompts. Because (.fo) domain might be blocked depending on the jurisdiction, you may have to download the “http everywhere” plugin into your browser [archive.fo/UcbcR]. How to use Archive.fo [archive.fo/z9eoZ], contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
List of other archive sites [web.archive.org] [peeep.us] [via.hypothes.is] [webcitation.org/archive] [webrecorder.io]