This version updated (2018-02-19, for the News Cycle 2018-02-13 through 2018-02-19)
Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or online at [is.gd/9TUmzG]. Hosted by Dr.G. [is.gd/lVybmA], Minister of Information of the Bay Area Movement for a People's Democracy (MPD) [is.gd/gq0BD3].
Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link]. Send news & info to [NorthbayUprising@) gmail.com], facebook [is.gd/FvFAHB].
Archived webpages at (archive.org) and at (archive.fo) are available even if the original is taken down. News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or, of foreign governments. Circumvent "Error 451" [archive.fo/WOZXx] by using the proxy server at [webproxy.to] or, by using Tor Browser [is.gd/r18EVD].
Spotlight from the Northbay Uprising Media Collective
HERE’S THE FUCKING NEWS!
After a long hiatus, subMedia’s foul-mouthed news anchor, the Stimulator, is finally back with his brand new show…. The Fuckin News!
- Media page [is.gd/jXQF9Q]
- Watch [is.gd/VaqZof]
In this pilot episode of TFN, Stim interviews far-right youtube troll, El Chico Lobo, and covers the alt-right’s pitiful attempt to hold a picnic in Chicano Park. Plus some good ol’ fashioned riot porn from Italy.
Recommended Radical Newsletters:
A list of gatherings, workshops, and educational events in the greater Bay Area region
Surviving Smash & Grab #BlackSolidarityWeek [www.facebook.com/events/351987508616376/]
In honor of #BlackSolidarityWeek, and in light of the recent released FBI report on so-called “Black Identity Extremists,” CRC will host a political education panel on the repression of Black dissidents, featuring special guests Chairman Fred Hampton, Jr. and Mama Akua Njeri.
We call on all who want to be in solidarity with Black people to attend this event and spread the word. SHOW UP and show the State that your eyes are open to the repression of Black people by the U.S. government.
Stories are reviewed and provided by Bay Area MPD Committees and Affiliates
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY
Updates on campaigns for Peace, Justice, & Freedom across the greater Bay Area, Norcal, and Socal
* " 'Boycott Modelo Beer!' Mexicali Resiste Fights for Water Rights" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/Nvj7D]
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY:
Updates on campaigns across the Nation!
* "US: Activist Launches Group To Elect Progressive Prosecutors; “No position in America, no single individual has a bigger impact on the criminal justice system than your local district attorney,” said King" (2018-02-16, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/tXg4p]
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY:
Updates on the "AntiFa"
SOLANO PEACE & FREEDOM PARTY
Use the ballot for our own People's candidates and legislation, campaign for the future!
[SolanoPFP.blogspot.com] [PeaceAndFreedom.org] [facebook.com/Peace-and-Freedom-Party-45065449911]
TOWARDS REVOLUTIONARY SOLUTIONS
* "Behind the Explosion in Socialism Among American; Teens The dramatic growth of YDSA chapters confirms that millennials don’t think capitalism is working for them" (2018-02-14, inthesetimes.com) [archive.is/Y3Yb2]
LUCHA PARA LA NUEVA AZTLAN!
* Autonomous Brown Berets de Merced [facebook.com/MercedBrownBerets]
* Los Brown Berets de La Causa (of El Paso, Tejas) [facebook.com/Los-Brown-Berets-de-La-Causa-266951433476570]
SOLIDARITY WITH THE NEW AFRICAN NATION!
Black Power! Revive the Community! Defend the Nation!
National News [blackagendareport.com] [atlantablackstar.com] [sfbayview.com]
* "A First in US: Two Vermont Schools Raise #BlackLivesMatter Flag; Students carried out powerful campaigns in both schools convincing their boards to approve raising the flag of the anti-police brutality movement; Students of color in both schools presented strong arguments for why the movement's flag should be raised in their schools" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/ZYfiy]
information collected by the Committee to Defend Public Education!
information collected by the Worker's Defense Committee [is.gd/VOkmLr]
Updates from the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU)
92 Million Strong, Worldwide! [wftucentral.org]
Updates from the UNI Global Union
Representing more than 20 million workers worldwide [uniglobalunion.org]
Updates from around the world
HANDS OFF OUR HOMES!
information collected by the Committee to
DEFEND THOSE WITHOUT HOMES!
COMMUNITY FASCISM WATCH
Community Fascism in
/ itty-bitty Santa Cruz:
/ Vallejo, the "City of God":
Documenting human-rights abuse by domestic security agencies
[NorthbayCopwatch.blogspot.com] [copblock.org] [wecopwatch.org] [filmingcops.com] [mappingpoliceviolence.org], Berkeley Copwatch's "Know Your Rights" Pocket Card (.pdf) [is.gd/U20PRy] [berkeleycopwatch.org]
* "Police officer fired for refusing to shoot black suspect settles in court" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/KWS33]
* "Baltimore officers ‘played both cops & robbers’ in Gun Task Force corruption scandal" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/ljyEH]
* "In the wake of the GTTF Trial, we must disband the BPD" (2018-02-13, baltimorebeat.com) [archive.is/eLImQ]
* "Police kill suicidal 84yo veteran who faced losing home in support dogs dispute" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/np2gW]
Where's the body cam footage? VPD has to do a mandatory use of force investigation every time an officer discharges his weapon. Getting the results of that investigation is the hard part. Cops investigating and clearing themselves with no oversight. The city is ALLOWED to make the body cam and the investigation findings public, they just generally choose not too. Community demand can change that.
Let's suppose it all happened as described. Brandishing a flashlight is not a very credible threat against a man with a gun. Pulling the gun and telling him to drop the flashlight would have seemed the right move, but it doesn't say he did that. (I will note that cop flashlights are often those big things and can serve as a weapon, but are not a match for a gun). It also doesn't say the subject swung the flashlight at him, just presented it in a threatening manner. I don't think this explanation stands up on its face. The one allowance I would make is if it occurred at very close quarters, such that he could have hit the officer in a split second.
* "Better gun control needed to save us from TBSC gun nuts" (2018-02-17, by John E. Colby) [archive.is/lppQr]
* "Power of Positivity" (2013-05-03, analiciacube.com) [archive.is/3GaEE]
"War Against The Police"
An archive of articles documenting the facts for the narrative, "FBI Report Blames Black Lives Matter, Media for Killings of Police Officers" [archive.fo/2Xj9w]
* "Chicago police commander shot dead: Officials; A high-ranking police official has been fatally shot while responding to a call in downtown Chicago, authorities say, marking the fifth officer who has been shot and killed across America in a little over a week-span" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/UzUFb]
Domestic Security Agencies and private-sector partners
[icwatch.transparencytoolkit.org]; "The Gentleperson’s Guide To Forum Spies (Spooks, Feds, etc.)" [archive.fo/rBbXu]; ES/OH techniques [archive.is/HchTA]
* "WH defends Porter role as intel chief hits out at ‘broken’ vetting system" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/Phavj]
* "DC police investigate 'white powder' sent to Obama's office" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/tF0k6]
* "3 injured in shooting outside NSA in Maryland, suspect arrested" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/R7Xlz]
* "Second federal judge blocks Trump’s move to end DACA; A second US federal judge has temporarily blocked President Donald Trump’s administration from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program that protects young immigrants from deportation" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/qcfxr]
* "Mexican police detain hundreds of illegal migrants; Mexican authorities have detained hundreds of undocumented migrants, mostly Central Americans, trying to make a transit across Mexico to reach the United States" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/GIVZF]
* "Most Sponsors of US Immigration Bill Don't Defend Its Tenets; “There was never an intent — the motive was not necessarily a reduction — we actually need to increase the worker percentage of the population we are bringing in now,” Sen. David Perdue said" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/FfuSj]
* "US: ICE Official Charged With Stealing Immigrants' IDs; The Immigration and Customs Enforcement former chief stole at least seven people´s identities during the last four years and used them to acquire money and properties" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/ioZBH]
* "Shooting outside US NSA headquarters, three hurt; A shooting erupted Wednesday outside the suburban Washington headquarters of the National Security Agency, a secretive intelligence organization responsible for global US electronic eavesdropping, leaving at least three people injured, officials said" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/j1ekI]
* photo caption (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/PfThb]: (L-R) Federal Bureau of Investigation Director Christopher Wray, Central Intelligence Agency Director Mike Pompeo, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, Defense Intelligence Agency Director Lt. Gen. Robert Ashley, National Security Agency Director Admiral Michael Rogers and National Geospatial Intelligence Agency Director Robert Cardillo testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in the Hart Senate Office Building on Capitol Hill February 13, 2018 in Washington, DC.
* "Gun nightmare: A US school shooting every 60hrs; The mass shooting at a US high school in Florida on Wednesday was the 18th mass murder at a school since the beginning of 2018, that is one shooting every 60 hours" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/yeDrI]
* "After Sandy Hook we said never again. And then we let 1,126 mass shootings happen" (2016-09-06, vox.com) [archive.is/oRIY2]
* "Florida school shooting reminder that US is ‘very violent country’: Analyst; The recent mass shooting at a school in Florida is the latest reminder that the United States is a “very violent country” with persistent gun violence that is a far greater threat than terrorism, an African American journalist in Detroit says" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/21JYl]
* "Florida shooting shows sharp social decline in US: Scholar; The deadly school shooting in Florida has exposed the sharp social decline in the United States and is a symptom of loss of social and civic values, an American scholar and political analyst says" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/YwBn7]
* "Nikolas Cruz, Who Was Too Disturbed to Carry a Backpack, Legally Bought AR-15" (2018-02-15, miaminewtimes.com) [is.gd/IftdF4]
* from (2018-02-15, cgtn.com) [archive.is/QiY3c]:
* "Florida shooting: Social media video shows SWAT team entering classroom; A video shot by a student and posted on social media shows a SWAT team entering a classroom in a Florida high school after a 19-year-old gunman opened fire with an assault rifle" newslead (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/zdLwd]
* "Rubio opposes stricter gun laws after Florida school shooting; US Republican Senator and former presidential candidate Marco Rubio has again opposed tightening gun laws, following a deadly shooting in Florida where at least 17 people lost their lives on Wednesday" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/fODHV]
* "White Nationalist Group Says Florida Shooter Was a Member; Nikolas Cruz went on a shooting spree yesterday in his former high school, killing 17" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/a6mwQ]
* "Florida White Supremacist Group Admits Ties to Alleged Parkland School Shooter Nikolas Cruz" (2018-02-15, adl.org) [archive.is/7Nq8k]
* "The Florida Douglas High School Shooting Was an Anti-Semitic Hate Crime And Nobody’s Talking About It" (2018-02-15, medium.com) [archive.is/tNo5m], being that a fascist is shooting at a predomimately JEWISH school, the perpetrator having posted publisc sentiments of race hatred against the Jew:
* "Trump cites mental health — not guns — in speech on shooting; Declaring the nation united and grieving with "one heavy heart," US President Donald Trump promised Thursday to tackle school safety and "the difficult issue of mental health" in response to the deadly shooting in Florida. He made no mention of the scourge of gun violence" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/DmD5T]
* " Previous Next ‘Heartbreaking’: Florida shooting survivor explains why she took down Fox News’ Tomi Lahren" (2018-01-15, rawstory.com) [archive.is/oFSF9]
* (2018-02-16, comment): HELL NO! You will not try to get compassion, sympathy, or logical reasoning as to why this DEMON did this heinous act. You demonized Trayvon Martin, an innocent child who was MURDERED in the streets. The media and tons of FB folks talked so badly about this innocent child, but now you want to soften the public anger against Nikolas Cruz? This maniac? HELL NO! These families deserve justice and we deserve fair treatment of our people. He is the one who should have been shot DEAD on scene! No trial. Go straight to that damn chair.
* "FBI Under Fire for Failing to Act on Florida School Shooter; A source close to accused gunman Nikolas Cruz called an FBI tip line on Jan. 5 to report concerns about him, the FBI said in a statement" (2018-02-16, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/JiwD6]
* "How the media convinced you the shooter was the wrong person and a ‘communist’ " (2018-02-15, thefifthcolumnnews.com) [archive.is/fzu3p] [begin excerpt]: Yesterday, millions of people across the globe stared in horror at the image of the Broward County school shooter. They were able to infer from the image the shooter was a leftist, and probably a “communist”. Nikolas Cruz was the killer leftist the right wing always dreamed about and word spread like wildfire on social media. The problem is the photo isn’t Nikolas Cruz, it’s Marcel Fontaine. Marcel lives on the other side of the country and had nothing to do with the shooting. [...]
The Fifth Column asked its readers via Facebook to provide screenshots of news outlets or pages sharing the incorrect image. A flood of images arrived via the comments section and messenger.
What’s even more disturbing than the hundreds of thousands of shares of false information claiming an innocent man murdered children is the fact that most of the outlets and pages were informed of their error and issued no retraction. This makes this particular act libelous in nature. These pages care more about pushing a narrative and obtaining clicks than they do about accuracy or ethics.
While The Fifth Column was tracking the spread of false information and futilely attempting to fight it, another site in our network, The Pontiac Tribune, was tracking the origin of the image. It appears to have originated from an internet message board known for trolling news agencies [archive.is/7JQIu], certainly not a reliable primary source.
From a fact-checking standpoint, there was no reason for this to occur. There was no evidence that would lead any reasonable person to believe the image of Marcel was an image of the shooter. [end excerpt]
* (2018-02-15, facebook.com/thefifthcolumnnews) [archive.is/VscLS]: Incidentally, we'd like screenshots of any news outlet or page with a large following saying it is.
- Some screenshots [archive.is/3b2II] [archive.is/eX2UH] [archive.is/tR18L] [archive.is/P2SYA] [archive.is/Q5xZh] [archive.is/QMOUV] [archive.is/E0OIW] [archive.is/5GN8Z]
- [comments]: that is clearly 2 different people in that pic. I know, which is why it's perplexing to me that they decided to share the fake picture on the left, alongside the real one on the right, rather then one of the other real ones off of his Instagram account.
* "Florida School Shooter is Latino Communist Antifa Supporter" (2018-02-15, theroperreportsite.wordpress.com) [archive.is/1OTaz], about the author [archive.is/wvhmF], the article in use to dissuade exploration of the terrorist's associations with White supremacist organizations [archive.is/OxfCO].
* "White House refuses to release photo of Trump signing bill to weaken gun laws; Following a high school shooting in the US state of Florida that left 17 people dead, the White House has once again turned down a request to release a photo of President Donald Trump signing a law that made it easier for some people with mental illness to obtain guns" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/TkdkW], photo caption: People protest against the National Rifle Association at the Broward County Court House during the first appearance in court via video link for high school shooter Nikolas Cruz on February 15, 2018.
* meme (2018-02-19, facebook.com/MuricaTodayNewsNetwork) [archive.is/auzT7#selection-11321.0-11376.0]:
- [comment]: I occasionally hear the argument that U.S. citizens need these weapons in case they have a domestic threat at home and or the need to resist a tyrannical government or agency if need be is often quoted.
Well how come you've let just about every government from the mid 1960's screw you over, sell off your state assets, export your industries, run your infrastructure into the ground, Kow towing to every foreign government with free trade deals that only profit the elites while weakening the whole economy. Running up ridiculous national debts causing inflation that outstrips wages growth.
They've dragged your youth off in illegal wars using tactics designed to be unwinnable and never ending. Sold weapons to every tin pot dictator and proxy rebel group imaginable including known enemy states.
They've mocked you with false flags and covertly done very dark and nasty shit to humanity.... but all that hypothetical firepower in the hands of civilians hasn't deterred the tyrants in your midst at all.
* "Parents Catch FBI in Plot to Force Mentally Ill Son to Be a Right Wing Terrorist The parents of a severely mentally disabled man are speaking out on how the FBI groomed him as a right wing terrorist, knowing he's paranoid schizophrenic" (2017-08-17, by Matt Agorist) [archive.is/QSmKi]
* " 'Guantanamo Bay Braced For New Prisoners': US Admiral; Although the prison has not taken in new inmates since 2008, Trump during his 2016 presidential election campaign promised to fill it with "bad dudes."" (2018-02-16, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/CJPvA]
* "Guantanamo 'prepared' for new inmates, says US admiral; A high-ranking US military official says the Guantanamo Bay military prison is "prepared" to receive new detainees, echoing a departure from Obama-era policies to shut-down or sideline the infamous detention camp" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/7Uyum]
* "What is Trump's Position on Guantanamo Bay Naval Base? February 16 marks the 115th anniversary of the illegal occupation of 100 square kilometers of Guantanamo Bay by the United States" (2018-02-16, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/MqvGb]
Metadata source materials -
Private individuals accessing the mainframe can harvest any data inscribed in basic code... "Hackers" monetize metadata for security agencies.
* "Stalker-assisting spy devices: Bugs & hacking software sold online for £20" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/deXP1]
International Security Agencies, the Five-Eyes, and transnational partners
* " Assange expert tells RT: Wikileaks founder’s extradition fears are ‘completely rational’ " (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/XCsAR]
* "UK court to rule on Assange arrest warrant... again" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/250p3]
* "British judge to rule on WikiLeaks founder's arrest warrant; After more than five years of holding up in the Ecuadorian embassy in London, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange faces a pivotal moment" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/JQU1K]
* "UK: Judge Refuses to Withdraw Assange Arrest Warrant; The Australian could still face extradition to the United States to answer to charges related to the operations of WikiLeaks" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/Zxxlw]
* "Arrest Warrant For WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Upheld, Legal Team to Appeal Ruling; The warrant, which is centered on the WikiLeaks chief absconding bail, remains active in Britain" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/1X6tI]
* "UK judge refuses to withdraw WikiLeaks founder's arrest warrant; WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has lost his legal battle to overturn a British arrest warrant against him, after being held up for more than five years in the Ecuadorian embassy in London" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/5mMMF]
* "WikiLeaks founder loses bid to halt UK legal action against him" (2018-02-13, cgtn.com) [archive.is/BUeyg]
* "Arrest Warrant For WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Upheld, Legal Team to Appeal Ruling; The warrant, which is centered on the WikiLeaks chief absconding bail, remains active in Britain" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/M940P]
* "Assange doesn't rule out appeal after he loses bid to have his UK arrest warrant dropped" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/IDwvm]
* "Judge who upheld Julian Assange's warrant questioned over links to security services" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/vTzzy]
* "UK police outsource digital forensics to unaccredited firms – reports" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/vTN97]
* "Delivery driver planned to kill Jews, Queen, David Cameron & Spurs fans, court hears" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/qOm12]
* "Austrian teens face trial over ‘jihadist plot to kill police officers’ " (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/SurWG]
* " German court rules Facebook default privacy settings unlawful" (2018-02-13, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/26pry]
* (2018-02-15, Louie Sondy):Australian dictatorship regime telephone companies: blocks international calls by default. DPRK, Cuba, but also Diego Garcia and Ascension (where only a handful of U.S. soldiers occupy these islands). Here is the amazing block list: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/support/node/11531 (scroll down for the massive list of blocked countries - most of the world - note it takes 2 days to have these countries or one by one unblocked at your request. They claim these countries, DPRK included, are high risk countries where telephone fraud is frequent! But that is BS. They did NOT block Nigeria, Pakistan, USA, India and Russia, which ARE high-risk fraud countries. Of course as there are many calls made to those countries. But is Australia blasted for its censorship, which is allegedly for the safety of its citizens?
DPRK certainly doesn't engage in international calls making fraud, but is blocked, along with Cuba and many others. India, USA, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, all famous for trick phone calls, are not blocked. So this is a political matter hidden as "high risk countries for phone fraud" -- yet no one criticizes Australia for this!
* "Blog of http://archive.is/ project Attack on .ch and .li domains" (2018-02-19, blog.archive.is) [archive.is/xhWcc]:
A nice story happened few days ago: Switchplus, the biggest registrar of .ch and .li domains have blocked the archive mirror domain “archive.li”.
The reason was “we have informed by the police that there is ‘illegal content’ hosting on the domain”.
They also treatened to delete the domain after 3 days of blocking.
After short interview it was discovered that the “police report” has been sent not by the police but by a random person who simple wrote “detective sergeant” at the bottom of his email.
And what made the Switchplus executive believe that the email was really send by the police is that it was a “repetitive case”.
When Switchplus receives few emails signed by Nigerian King, it would ensure them they are talking to real Nigerian King.
A rowhammer attack, huh.
I was under impression of talking to an inexperienced junior employee, but quick googling revealed that Wolfram Schmidt is the CEO of Switchplus, about 50 years old.
He manages assets of thousands people and feels right to sequestrate them based on fake email messages in his inbox.
If you - my reader - have a business competitor with a website on .ch or .li domain, you might easily destroy the business of the competitor by sending email message to Wolfram Schmidt telling that you are a Nigerian Detective and you found something illegal on the competitor’s website.
You do not even have to point what exactly is illegal.
One message might be not enough but 2-3 messages should form a “repetitive case”.
And if you own a .ch or .li domain managed by Switchplus, your domain is in danger.
* (2018-02-15) [archive.is/VmNpi]:
Australian dictatorship regime telephone companies: blocks international calls by default. DPRK, Cuba, but also Diego Garcia and Ascension (where only a handful of U.S. soldiers occupy these islands). Here is the amazing block list: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/support/node/11531 (scroll down for the massive list of blocked countries - most of the world - note it takes 2 days to have these countries or one by one unblocked at your request. They claim these countries, DPRK included, are high risk countries where telephone fraud is frequent! But that is BS. They did NOT block Nigeria, Pakistan, USA, India and Russia, which ARE high-risk fraud countries. Of course as there are many calls made to those countries. But is Australia blasted for its censorship, which is allegedly for the safety of its citizens?
DPRK certainly doesn't engage in international calls making fraud, but is blocked, along with Cuba and many others. India, USA, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, all famous for trick phone calls, are not blocked. So this is a political matter hidden as "high risk countries for phone fraud" -- yet no one criticizes Australia for this!
Security updates in other parts of the world...
* "Brazil: Mother, Newborn Jailed Over Marijuana Possession; The decision to jail the mother and her three-day-old newborn was made during an on-site custody court hearing on carnival day" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/hoLpZ]
* "Bangkok Dogs: 'Smart vest' turns stray dogs into guardians of city's streets, alleyways" (2018-02-19, broadcast transcript, cgtn.com) [archive.is/b59hf]
from the Committee to
FREE 'EM ALL!
[PoliticalPrisonersUSA.blogspot.com] End the Drug War! Stop Jim Crow! Close the Torture Chambers!
[solitarywatch.com] [facebook.com/incarceratedworkers] [supportprisonerresistance.noblogs.org] [denverabc.wordpress.com] [prisonlegalnews.org] [prisonbooks.info] [nycabc.wordpress.com] [powmedicaljustice.com] [sacprisonersupport.wordpress.com]. Become a Human Rights Pen Pal! [link].
* "Report Reveals Very Weak Whistleblower Protections in the US; Of 190 cases of alleged retaliation against whistleblowers, only one was vindicated" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/uwEBY]
Free 'em All: From the USA To The Ukraine!
Documentation of extreme state repression in the Republic of Ukraine against journalists, activists, human-rights advocates, and entire communities of captive ethnic nationalities, primarily against the ethnically-Russian people of the resource-rich Donbass region, and against general dissent critical of the NATO-sponsored operations against the Donbass separatists, including critics of the military conscriptions. Articles collected by Oleg Tsarov (stalkerzone.org, translations by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard) pg.1 [archive.is/NwpyR], pg.2 [archive.is/5GRCD], pg.3 [archive.is/vkb1Z], selected articles:
- "Ukrainian Lawyers Described the Technology of Mass Repression in Ukraine" (2018-01-23) [archive.is/YoLoX]
- "Expert: Ukrainian Information Field Is Cleansed on the Eve of Large-Scale Military-Political Operations" (2017-06-23) [archive.is/NC7To]
- "Open Appeal to Leadership of OSCE About Freedom of Speech in Ukraine" (2016-10-13) [archive.is/3IfVM]
- "Ruslan Kotsaba Spoke in European Parliament About the Kiev Regime’s Repressive Apparatus" (2017-09-30) [archive.is/fdiwv]
- "SBU Opened a Criminal Case for Attempts to Inform the EU About the Harassment of Journalists in Ukraine" (2017-09-29) [archive.is/wtznd]
- "Letter From Ukrainian Journalist Behind Bars" (2016-08-18) [archive.is/GafxO]
- Ukrainian Court Sentenced Journalists Dmitry Vasilets & Evgeny Timonin to 9 Years in Jail For “Separatism”, photo:
- "Ex-Deputy Elena Bondarenko Threatened in Rada for Defending Jailed Journalists Vasilets & Timonin" (2016-11-03) [archive.is/574uC]
- "Journalist Muravitsky Set to Be Thrown in Jail: Ukraine’s Repressive Apparatus Claims Its Next Victim" (2017-08-02) [archive.is/xwenU]
- "36 Administrators of Pages on Social Networks Were Sentenced in Court for “Anti-Ukrainian Propaganda” " (2017-12-31) [archive.is/BIDTM]
- "The Case of Muravitsky: Kiev Regime Once Again Violates the European Convention on Human Rights" (2017-08-17) [archive.is/cwwmp]
- "Jailed Journalist Evgeny Timonin Has Been Brought to a Deplorable Psychological State" (2017-08-06) [archive.is/B9QLL]
- "Ukrainian Justice: Journalists Kept in Jail by Orders From Above" (2016-10-10) [archive.is/tlAk8]
LIBERATION FOR ALL!
THE HUMAN RIGHT TO EXISTENCE MUST BE PROTECTED!
With updates on the broader LGBT*QI+ gender revolution
* "Chile: LGBT Group Protests Discrimination on Valentine's Day; Their main demand is the legalization of same-sex marriage" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/qXd7l]
END PATRIARCHY! COMBAT MISOGYNY! [rejectedprincesses.com]
* "GOP lawmaker claims women are inferior: ‘a lesser cut of meat’" (2018-02-15, patheos.com) [archive.is/d6kgr]
THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY IS FOR LIFE, NOT FOR PROFIT!
Health Administration Responsibility Project [harp.org]. Get your medical records [archive.fo/FdGcJ]. Transparency against physician malpractice [archive.fo/Q9VFr] [archive.fo/PEijF] [archive.fo/2sXwl] [archive.fo/hmWKp] [archive.fo/4NPdK] [archive.is/551Us]!
* "Big Pharma spent $10mn promoting opioid drug use to patients" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/YXQFU]
* "Opioid prescriptions on the rise in England, new study shows" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/Q9KXl]
* "US: Standing Rock Sioux People Sue Opioid Industry; They join other Indigenous communities who blame opioid manufacturers and distributors for the nation's growing public health crisis" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/dbGye]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
Campaigns, info, and more [SanPabloBayEPA.blogspot.com]. Science [discardstudies.com]. [blog.savesfbay.org] [ecowatch.com]; [citizenairmonitoringnetwork.org/vallejo]
* "Environmental Groups Sue Trump Over Allowing Oil Giants to Dump Waste in Gulf of Mexico; The environmental group says 10 fracking chemicals were being routinely being dumped into ocean waters" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/yyAgy]
* "Atlantic Coast Pipeline Sues Land Owners on Its Way; he company is filing eminent-domain lawsuits for land" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/6YEd0]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
Health and the Human Ecology
Monopolists enforce a regime that does not recognize the natural right to health and life. Info [detoxproject.org].
* " ‘Ultra-Processed’ Food May be Linked to Cancer: Study; The study classified ultra-processed foods to include cakes, chicken nuggets and mass-produced bread" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/YTcWw]
* "Study suggests link between ultra-processed foods and cancer; Scientists suggested on Thursday a link between cancer and "ultra-processed" foods such as cookies, fizzy drinks and sugary cereals, though outside experts cautioned against reading too much into the study results" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/KfPLR]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
Anthropogenic Climatic Change!
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
International Ecological Protection News
* "Massive Loss of Colombia’s Forests Due to Cattle Farming; Hydroelectric project Hidroituango threatens the remaining forest" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/Sm9tJ]
* "Germany plans to free public transport to slash pollution; Germany could slash numbers of cars on roads by making public transport free, ministers have suggested, as Berlin scrambles to meet EU air pollution targets and avoid big fines" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/CBtle], photo caption: The first German autonomous public transport bus drives during a presentation in Bad Birnbach, southern Germany, on October 25, 2017.
SAN PABLO BAY EPA:
Save The Birds [link]! and the Bees [link]!
Campaign to preserve and expand the habitat and populations of pollinators in the San Pablo Bay Area.
articles recommended by the
NO NUKES! campaign
[StopNuclearDeath.blogspot.com] [nuclear-news.net] [nukeresister.org] [nukefree.org]; National Radiation Map [radiationnetwork.com], depicting environmental radiation levels across the USA, updated in real time every minute.
* "America Plans to Store Its Nuclear Waste in the Chernobyl Zone" (2018-02-17, lot.lg.ua; translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard, stalkerzone.org) [archive.is/NQwOD]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY SOVEREIGNTY Think-tank
NORTHBAY ENTHEOGENIC FREEDOM
articles recommended by the Committee for
Protect Earth's Sentient Life!
* "Orangutan population cut in half in 16 years: Study; The most comprehensive study of Borneo's orangutans estimates their numbers have plummeted by more than 100,000 since 1999, as the palm oil and paper industries shrink their jungle habitat and fatal conflicts with people increase" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/FtJAn]
Preserve the Biosphere & Web of Life!
Save the Whales!
* "21 Dead Dolphins Discovered on Mexican Shore; Rescuers and the Ministry of the Environment saved 33 of the dolphins" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/STGuP]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the process of fascism and for whom it benefits. [UnitedStatesFascism.blogspot.com] [exposefacts.org] [ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/index.html]
* "The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds" (2017-11-09, forbes.com) [archive.is/fIR7v]
* "Trump’s Tax Cuts, Budget and Deficits: Recession 2019? Trump tax cuts and Trump’s budget will exacerbate U.S. budget deficits and debt and cause the central bank to raise interest rates even faster and higher" (2018-02-15, by Jack Rasmus, via telesurtv.net) [archive.is/NarCw]
* "Federal money for clean coal spent on alcohol, limousines & spas" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/oidql]
* "US opioid epidemic cost $1 trillion since 2001 and climbing: Report; The US opioid epidemic ravaging American communities has cost over $1 trillion since 2001, and may exceed another $500 billion over the next three years, according to a new study" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/kYAV7]
* "FCC investigates FCC chairman Pai over potential 'improper coordination' with Sinclair Broadcasting" (2018-02-16, dailykos.com) [archive.is/UHEXi]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
President Donald Trump's regime:
* "Trump's budget focuses on defense, cuts funding for domestic programs" (2018-02-13, cgtn.com) [archive.is/PLyLD]
* "Pleasing the Pentagon & building the wall: What’s in Trump’s 2019 budget?" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/TAUdX]
* "Trump greatest danger to US, not Russia or China: Analyst; The "greatest danger" to the United States comes from President Donald Trump and his grand plan to expand the US military industrial complex, says an analyst" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/dLggy]
* "Trump presidency ‘a tragedy’: Biden; US President Donald Trump’s presidency is a “tragedy,” says former Vice president Joe Biden, accusing the Republican head of state of "shredding" America's core values" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/4GnMw]
* "Bill, Melinda Gates voice concerns over Trump's "America First" view" (2018-02-13, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/DLN6y]
* "Trump lawyer admits he paid $130,000 to adult film actress; US President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer confirmed he paid $130,000 to an adult film actress who allegedly had a sexual relationship with the president" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/GfB6J]
* "Manafort hit with another bank fraud charge by Mueller: report" (2018-02-16, rawstory.com) [archive.is/5qZ8A]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
Against Socialism, for War and Profit. What is Neoliberalism? [archive.is/iUyM].
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
"Libertarian" Capitalists & "Constitutionalist" constraints against democracy
[alibertarianfuture.com] [fff.org] [mises.org]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
"Dominionist" Capitalism & the "Prosperity Gospel" ideology
Persecution Belief [archive.fo/raPTj]; Ideology [archive.is/rClcp]; Rejection of Christ's teachings [archive.is/VbO5F]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
The Military State
[archive.defense.gov/contracts]; [airforce.com] "Air, Space, Cyberspace"
* "America on its way to $30 trillion debt by 2028 as military expenditure soars" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/mCUWg]
* " ‘Bad advice from generals?’ The Mystery of why Trump considers US military weak" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/L5Z4T]
* "Military Spending Is Already Bankrupting America; Since 2001, the U.S. government has spent more than $1.8 trillion in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq – that’s $8.3 million per hour" (2018-02-13, mintpressnews.com) [archive.is/qqNny]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
Two Party Dictatorship
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
State Media Watch
Documenting propaganda issued by the monopolist media and members of the state security regime that uphold the economic dictatorship, imperialist wars, and the "New Jim Crow" regime [mediamatters.org] [onlinecensorship.org]
* "Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media; Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda" (2011-05-17, theguardian.com) [archive.is/WYEaE]
* "How I Believe Facebook Was Censoring My Political Speech; The internet police - now also in the USA" (2017-09-18, Philipi Giraldi, via russia-insider.com) [archive.is/0lhhh]
* (2018-02-15, Jeremy McCaleb) [archive.is/Xlo59]: So, I got a Facebook Notice that my account was apparently sending out spam. Then followed a list of news stories I posted, with two choices: delete or go back, to the same notice, not to FB. I checked the list, and these were news, science and opinion pieces that I thought were valid and worthwhile enough to share. Note, if you get this notice: the little x in the corner will close it and take you to Facebook. Otherwise you're stuck in Delete Something Or It's Limbo For You Land. I guess they really want us to go back to sharing just our meals and pets. Sorry, FB... You're the ones who let this djinn out of the bottle.
- [comment]: I posted something slightly political on my business page and it magically disappeared. I wasn't even notified.
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH:
Artificial Poverty and Starvation
* "Survey finds many U.S. parents of disabled children with no long-term care plans" (2018-02-12, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/PbyhZ]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Nations exist alongside the Federal [archive.fo/VXoPR], and State governance [archive.fo/Cz2uF]. Demographic maps: 2000 [archive.fo/nXHXz], 2010 [archive.fo/nKbSA], religion [archive.fo/XArBS]. The New Afrikan nation, and the nation of Nueva Aztlan, each have their own separate sections on this news page.
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Sovereign nations of the "Indian Country", and of traditional lodges.
Map [archive.fo/s4FYb]; News [indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com] [bsnorrell.blogspot.com]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Kingdom of Hawai‘i / Occupied State of the Hawaiian Islands
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (USA territory) and the Boriqueno nation
* "Puerto Rico: The Land of Promise for Foreign Investors; Puerto Rico has become the land of milk and honey for investors who say, despite its difficulties, has the potential to compete globally" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/6rtAQ]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
American Nation, including the State Sovereignty campaigns, and Dominionist Campaigns. [tenthamendmentcenter.com]
* "Calexit supporters march for California independence; Scores of supporters of the Calexit campaign have marched through Sacramento, calling for the independence of California and the state's "divorce" from the US" newslead (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/ytPzS], photo caption: Calexit supporters rallied in front of the California State Capitol before marching towards the Department of Justice building
"Alt-Right" & White American Supremacists
"A Normie’s Guide to the Alt-Right" (2016-08-31, by Andrew Anglin) [archive.is/DyeDG]; News [angrywhitemen.org]
* "Meet white supremacists in 2018 US elections; Emboldened by Donald Trump’s presidency, major figures among American white supremacist and nationalist groups are using the opportunity to enter this year’s crucial elections" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/kYLm3]
- [comments]: Spaulding's real first name is Craig, not Matthew.
Interesting that Andrew Herbst made the list, He typically resorts to threats when he is identified as a racist.
Be advised that Tom Pierce has a Facebook account under the false name of Theodore MacCleod.
While Spaulding has had several Facebook accounts with fake name. His monikers have, at various points, been Cadwaladr Carew, Cadwaladr Awbrey, John Mosby, and Alexander Boesse.
Also, Heimbach, Spaulding, Pierce, Parrott, and almost certainly Herbst too have been attending St. Nektarios Orthodox Parish in Lenoir City, Tennessee.
Another one to watch out for is Michael Lewis Lawrence, who uses the Facebook Moniker of Michael Quantrill Abrusezze. He is in this photo on the far right (no pun intended). Lawrence is a former Volksfront organiser who has served four years in a federal prison for his hate crimes.
Left to right, they are Craig Spaulding, someone surnamed Carmichael, Tom Pierce, Andrew Herbst, and Michael Lawrence.
* "Knights For Socialism Look To Squash Free Speech, Except Their Own; Knights For Socialism openly promotes left-wing terrorism, and has done so since its inception" (2018-02-16, centralfloridapost.com) [archive.is/CP1bl]
If Knights For Socialism wants to end hate speech on UCF's campus, they should immediately disband. They openly promote left-wing terrorism and it must stop.
WORLD FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the global economic dictatorship
* "This stock market is ‘nuts,’ parallels with 2008 crash — investment manager" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/99VBI]
* "Slave owner compensation was still being paid off by British taxpayers in 2015" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/OegT3]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH:
A study of the personal ideologies and social practices of those who benefit from the global capitalist regime, including illicit trafficking networks and cooperative ventures with government entities. [WorldFascists.blogspot.com]
* "Ex-UN Official Accuses Aid Workers of 60,000 Rapes in 10 Years; The report thousands of sexual abuses are only a fraction of the reality, as only one-tenth are ever registered" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/9msJb] [begin excerpt]: Sex predators are allegedly using the world’s disasters, acting as United Nations aid workers and committing an estimated 60,000 rapes over the last decade, a former senior official reported.
In a report delivered to the Department of International Development, Andrew Macleod, who worked as an international aid boss, claimed that there are at least 3,300 pedophiles working in the UN across the globe.
Typically, as the most vulnerable sectors are women and children, sex abusers target charity and aid jobs. Macleod told the Sun that the number of instances which have been sloppily covered up over the last two decades rivals the Catholic Church’s record.
“There are tens of thousands of aid workers around the world with pedophile tendencies, but if you wear a UNICEF T-shirt nobody will ask what you’re up to. You have the impunity to do whatever you want,” Professor Macleod said.
However, the 60,000 rapes are only a fraction of the reality, Macleod says, adding that only one in ten rapes committed by UN workers are ever reported. The true figure is probably double. [end excerpt]
* "UN peacekeepers face new sex abuse claims in DR Congo; The United Nations says it registered 18 alleged cases of sexual abuse and exploitation by its peacekeepers and civilian personnel in the Democratic Republic of the Congo last year" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/IUrGO]
* "Uganda to probe UN staff over ‘stolen aid’ ; Uganda said on Thursday it was widening a probe of government officials who allegedly stole aid intended for refugees to include UN staff, amid concern the scandal may hold up donor cash needed for the country's surging refugee population" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/nRcI7]
* "Haiti President Says Many Aid Groups Hid Misconduct: Reuters; President Moise called on Western governments and the international community to investigate their native aid organizations" (2018-02-17, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/yw6bG]
* "Oxfam facing fresh claims of sexual abuse in S Sudan; Scandal-hit British charity Oxfam was reeling Tuesday after fresh claims of sexual assault and rape, this time between aid workers in South Sudan" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/d4kSL]
* "Oxfam unveils action plan to tackle sexual misconduct after Haiti scandal; British charity Oxfam unveiled an action plan Friday to tackle sexual misconduct following the "stain" of a prostitution scandal, but the man at the center of the allegations denied accusations" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/UNadk]
* "Oxfam pulls out of UK government bids as chief hits out; The head of Oxfam on Friday hit back at criticism over a prostitution scandal that he said was “out of proportion,” as the British charity agreed not to bid for more government funds until it cleans up its act" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/wGn92]
* "Oxfam's Chairman, Juan Alberto Fuentes, Arrested on Corruption; Haitian President Jovenel Moise said Oxfam's sexual exploitation scandal constitutes a 'serious violation of human dignity' " (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/R4EZW], photo caption: Former finance minister and Current chairman of Oxfam International and former Guatemalan Finance Minister, Juan Alberto Fuentes, arrives to court after being detained as part of a local corruption investigation in Guatemala City.
* "Guatemala: Former President, Ministers Jailed for Corruption; They are accused of graft and fraud over allegedly transfering US$36 million to four private bus companies" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/vqBet]
* "Oxfam sexual misconduct just tip of iceberg: Haiti president; Haiti’s president says the prostitution scandal involving workers of British charity group Oxfam is only the tip of an iceberg, calling for widespread investigations into other aid organizations operating in the Caribbean country" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/v4V1k]
* "Paraguayan Soccer Player, President Embroiled in Sex Scandal; Antonio Gonzalez, president of soccer club Rubio Ñu de Luque, is accused by Bernardo Gabriel Caballero of coercing the young player into an unwanted sexual relationship" (2018-02-08, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/xRoXe]
* "Paraguay: Sex Scandal Soccer President Was 'Human Trafficking' ; Police who raided the home of former Liga Luqueňa de Futbol President Antonio Gonzalez found films, cell phones and flash drives containing child pornography" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/Vpplc]
* "Sport: UK Ex-Soccer Coach Bennell Convicted of Child Sex Abuse; Bennell's trial is part of wider allegations of sexual and physical abuse of boys at football clubs in Britain in the 1970s and 1980s by the very people who were supposed to nurture their budding careers" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/HQOcb]
* "‘I’ll buy your family’: drunk Tory students ‘grope’ women at party of Rees-Mogg linked group" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/Sw1sM]
* "Pedophile Priest Who Was Forgiven by Church for Raping 26 Children, Found Dead; Body found stabbed and tortured after admitting to multiple child rape; The body of a pedophile priest, who was forgiven by the Catholic Church after he admitted to raping 26 children, was found in his Massachusetts home after being stabbed to death; His body was found bound and gagged by his brother after he missed a scheduled Mass at a church, according to police records" (2017-12-07, nativescomunity.info) [archive.is/ToHHe]
* "Freemasons working with Tory youth group in bid to recruit students – reports" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/KaVke]
* "French man on trial for having sex with 11yo ‘not a predator’ because victim ‘not a child’ – lawyers" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/EJBth]
* "Silicon Valley billianaire Thiel reportedly to move business to Los Angeles" (2018-02-15, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/diIGN]
* "No, Peter Thiel is not harvesting the blood of the young" (2017-06-14, techcrunch.com) [archive.is/w8eej] [begin excerpt]: Unquestionably, Thiel has been interested in cheating death for several years. He told Business Insider back in 2012, “Death is a problem that can be solved.” He’s also investing in life extension research, funding Cynthia Kenyon, Aubrey de Grey and a number of other researchers who are focused on anti-aging. Last fall, the life extension startup Unity Biotechnology also raised an enormous round of funding from Thiel and other Silicon Valley billionaires interested in the prospect of humans living much longer lives. [end excerpt]
Ok, reasonable sounding... now what is this about the blood transfusions for the wealthy?
[being excerpt]: Ambrosia — which takes donated teen blood and pumps it into anyone age 35 or older for $8,000 a pop — seems like just the type of wild startup that would interest Thiel.
As questionable as the idea sounds, blood from the young is not new. The process, known as parabiosis, has at least been successful in mice. Karmazin also says he’s seen his own patients’ hair return from gray back to its original color, and he says he has noted a remarkable difference in pep in the 600 or so people now going through treatment in his facility.
Contrary to the depiction in “Silicon Valley,” however, Ambrosia cannot directly hire the teens. Due to fairly strict regulations, people can’t be compensated for their blood, so the startup relies heavily instead on donor facilities.
It’s also a very experimental procedure for humans at this point, with repeated sessions needed to keep up the effects, Karmazin says. (“You don’t look like you are 20 after one treatment,” he tells me.) [end excerpt]
* "China comic: shattering 'bamboo ceiling' and making the world LOL!" (2018-02-15, cgtn.com) [archive.is/QiY3c] [begin excerpt]:
“In China, once you have a tv show you do other variety shows. You rarely do theater stuff anymore which is kind of a shame. …in America if you have a tv show you still go to comedy clubs to hone your act.” he said.
That is exactly what Wong is doing. The busy comedian not only is still touring the country but he is also developing a sitcom in China while still exploring possibilities in Hollywood.
Although Wong admits he is very familiar with Hollywood’s lackluster diversity.
“I keep saying this to them but it never got reported. And that is the bamboo ceiling in Hollywood. … a lot of writers and producers said to me ‘oh we can’t do an Asian family show’ I said why? ‘They said because Margaret Cho show failed,’ he told CGTN Digital.
Margaret Cho is a Korean American comedian who had a television sitcom that only stayed on television for a few months due to low ratings in 1995. Wong was shocked to see the lingering effects of one show.
“I couldn’t believe this is so blatantly racist and people don’t even realize it,” he joked. “It’s like they would never say to a white guy ‘I’m sorry Matthew Perry’s show just got canceled. We can’t have white guys on tv anymore."
But Wong is not letting that stop him. He said he flies to Hollywood every year with sitcom and talk show ideas hoping to catch a break. [end excerpt]
- Photo caption: The last episode of "Is It True?" in December 2017.
WORLD FASCISM WATCH:
Vanguards of European racial supremacy
Golden Dawn International [golden-dawn-international-newsroom.blogspot.com], European Knights Project [europeanknightsproject.com/category/ekp-news], English Asatru News [englishnews.org/news-central.html], Council of European Canadians [eurocanadian.ca], Albion's People [albionofengland.blogspot.com]. [saxonmessenger.christogenea.org]
* "Polish ‘Holocaust-denying, Islamophobic’ far-right speaker is coming to UK" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/jnDre]
* "Poland isn’t the only country trying to police what can be said about the Holocaust" (2018-02-06, jta.org) [is.gd/HdxWXI] [begin excerpt]: In 2015, Ukraine’s president signed a law whose critics say stifles debate on the historical record of World War II and whitewashes local perpetrators of the Holocaust.
Law 2538-1 criminalized any rhetoric insulting to the memory of anti-communist partisans. And it celebrates the legacy of such combatants – ostensibly including the ones who murdered countless Jewish and Polish citizens while collaborating with Nazi Germany.
The law generated some backlash, including an open letter by more than 70 historians who said it “contradicts the right to freedom of speech,” ignores complicity in the Holocaust and would “damage Ukraine’s national security.”
But as with similar measures in Europe’s ex-communist nations, the Ukraine law generated little opposition or even attention internationally — especially when compared to the loud objections to a similar measure in Poland that was signed into law on Tuesday by the president. The law had passed both houses of parliament in recent days. The United States and Israel joined historians and Israel’s Yad Vashem Holocaust authority in decrying the bill.
“The Ukrainian and Polish laws are similar, but in Ukraine’s case we didn’t see anything even close” to the avalanche of condemnations that Poland received, said Eduard Dolinsky, director of the Ukrainian Jewish Committee and a longtime campaigner against Holocaust revision in Ukraine. “I wish we had; maybe this law could have been stopped in Ukraine.” [end excerpt]
* "Wehrmacht Insignia – Ukrainian Nazi Vita Zaverukha’s New Facebook Cover Photo" (2017-07-30, strana.ua; translated by Ollie Richardson, stalkerzone.org) [archive.is/AOsGI]
* "Far-right extremists march in Bulgaria despite international condemnation; Despite international and domestic condemnation, hundreds of far-right extremists have taken part in a march honoring a pro-Nazi general in Bulgaria" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/ztSEF], photo caption: Members of nationalist organizations march with torches during a march to commemorate to commemorate Bulgarian General and politician Hristo Lukov, in the centre of Sofia on February 17, 2018.
information collected by the exploratory committee towards a
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL
[SolanoPeaceJustice.blogspot.com], for justice, dignity and human rights in accordance with the 1966 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (.pdf) [is.gd/TftqGs], and an end to the USA's endless wars, in harmony with Principle 1 & 6 of International Law [archive.fo/tmncz], the 5 protocols of the Convention on Conventional Weapons (CCW) [archive.fo/LhUTj], and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights [archive.fo/U1Ota].
Peace News [peaceblog.wordpress.com], Costs of War (Brown University) [watson.brown.edu/costsofwar].
* "Activists Around Globe Call to Close All US Military Bases; Groups around the world, and especially in the United States, plan to stage protests and rallies" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/4l9zs]
* "Thousands of demonstrators protest against 'weapons deals' in Munich, Some 2,000 demonstrators have gathered in protest against what they claim is backdoor weapons dealing at the annual Munich Security Conference" newslead (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/cP3tL]: A planned attempt to form a symbolic human chain around Hotel Bayerischer Hof was called off after snow and cold kept protesters away. Protesters gathered under the motto “peace not armament,” calling for a reduction in arms dealing and the trend towards arms stockpiling.
* "Germany: ‘Afghanistan is not safe,’ protesters plea to Security Council; Hundreds of protesters have gathered in Munich, Germany, to protest against the 54th Munich Security Council (MSC) being held in the Bavarian capital from February 16 to 18" newslead (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/Vfh5B] Activists from various groups all across Europe united with Afghan protesters to convey the message to the MSC forum and world leaders that "Afghanistan is not safe."
* "The War on Terror Has Created 6500% More Terrorism" (2015-12-22, theantimedia.org) [archive.is/LCaA1]
* "Risks of interstate conflict higher than any time since end of Cold War - DNI chief" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/2KOMT]
* "Rex Tillerson, Militarization, and Oil; The Tillerson model for hemispheric relations embodies the traditional war diplomacy of Washington" (2018-02-14, by Carlos Fazio, via telesurtv.net) [archive.is/3kiBL] [begin excerpt]: In the context of a geopolitical dispute with extracontinental capitalist competitors (China, Russia and European Union) challenging the empire's hegemony within its traditional influence areas, the recent tour of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Colombia and Jamaica had a clear expansionist projection based on two main axes: security and energy.
As a member of the transnational capitalist elite, Tillerson, a former executive director of the American private oil corporation Exxon-Mobil, the fourth largest company in the world after state-owned Aramco (Saudi Arabia), NIOC (Iran) and CNPC (China), according to Jorge Eduardo Navarrete, Tillerson used a primitive mercantile approach, anachronistic as the Monroe Doctrine on which he based his speech at the University of Texas, in Austin, one day before his arrival in Mexico.
The Tillerson model for hemispheric relations embodies the traditional war diplomacy of Washington, emphasized due to the structural and legitimacy world crisis of the capitalist system. William I. Robinson has characterized the strategy as a fusion between reactionary political power in the State, right-wing forces, authoritarian and neo-fascist in civil society, and transnational corporate capital. A triangulation of interests that, in perspective, under the Trump administration, is shaping a neo-fascist global police state. [end excerpt]
* "Noam Chomsky on Donald Trump and the Decline of the US Empire; "From the point of view of U.S. power, (Trump) is harming it, but from the point of view of U.S. elites, he's giving them everything they want," Chomsky said" (2018-02-16, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/23QZi], image caption [archive.is/TGiUy]: Noam Chomsky on who owns the world, in an interview with teleSUR.
* "US meddles in foreign nations elections for 'democracy': Ex CIA director; Following the US indictment of over a dozen Russian nationals for allegedly interfering with the US 2016 election—which Moscow calls as absurd—a former CIA director has admitted that Washington meddles in other countries’ elections" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/kzTqB]
* "ICC Gets over 1 Million Testimonies from Afghans Suing US, CIA, Gov't over War Crimes; The International Criminal Court began collecting material three months ago for a possible war crimes case involving armed actors Afghanistan" (2018-02-17, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/pS41M]
* " ‘Afghans file 1.7 million war crime complaints with ICC’ ; A human rights group says the International Criminal Court (ICC) has received over one and a half million statements of alleged war crimes from Afghan citizens in a span of three months" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/bD1oY] [begin excerpt]: In November last year, ICC chief prosecutor called for a formal investigation into war crimes in Afghanistan.
At the time of Bensouda’s announcement, Pentagon spokesman Eric Pahon described the investigation “wholly unwarranted and unjustified,” adding that “our overall assessment is that commencement of an ICC investigation will not serve the interests of either peace or justice in Afghanistan.” [end excerpt]
* "One in Six Children 'Live in War Zones': Save the Children; Syria, Afghanistan, and Somalia are the top three conflict-ridden regions affecting children, the report noted" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/yGNJN]
* "Over 350 million children live in conflict zones: Save the Children; More children than ever before are living in conflict areas and are at risk of death and violence, the charity Save the Children said on Thursday, with Syria, Afghanistan and Somalia the worst countries for young people" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/Ll1IK]
* "Children in Conflict: Fighting against recruitment of children in war" (2018-02-13, broadcast transcript, cgtn.com) [archive.is/B6fh5]
* "Time world stood up against Israel’s atrocities: Analyst; An analyst believes the international community is being “hypocritical” over Palestine, adding that it has failed to denounce Israeli atrocities against Palestinians" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/NDVWo]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL:
Justice for Refugees!
* "Amnesty slams Hungary’s anti-refugee bill; Human rights group Amnesty International has slammed Hungary's new anti-refugee bill, saying it would allow the government to target any non-governmental organization working with migrants if it becomes law" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/xNf8N]
* "Hundreds of migrants homeless in Paris as cold snap bites" (2018-02-13, cgtn.com) [archive.is/yMfwb]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL's
NEW COLD WAR NEWS
* "Former CIA Director Allows That US Meddles in Foreign Elections for ‘Good Cause’ ; On Friday, a former CIA director speaking on American television suggested that the US meddles in the elections of other countries. The top US security official’s observation follows a federal indictment of multiple Russians accused of allegedly interfering in the 2016 US presidential election" (2018-02-19, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/3Vr0h]
* "Lip service to Russian threat & fears of China: Intelligence chiefs face Senate" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/6Fd3W]
* "Spotlight: 'Sharp power' or Western invisible power" (2018-02-13, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/M9LcN]
* "Who's behind the term 'Sharp power'?" (2018-02-13, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/Ak5Z7]
* "How to walk out of trap of 'sharp power' " (2018-02-13, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/eSpDx]
* "Pentagon asks for major budget increase to confront Russia, China; The US Defense Department has called on Congress to approve a major budget increase in order to counter “threats” from Russia, China, and North Korea" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/be4U2]
* " 'US govt faction sees nukes as tool for increasing pressure on Russia, China’ – watchdog chief" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/0LYvt], photo caption: A chart, displayed during a House Committee on Armed Services hearing showed the disparity between the US and its main rivals in developing new nuclear delivery systems
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: People's Republic of China & the SCO
* "China says proposed US tariffs on metals groundless, vows to retaliate; China says tariffs proposed by the United States on imported steel and aluminum products are groundless, saying Beijing reserves the right to retaliate if they are imposed" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/Ih85i]
* "US may impose heavy tariffs on China, Russia to counter steel, aluminum oversupply; The US Commerce Department has recommended imposing heavy tariffs on China, Russia and other countries to counter excess supply of steel and aluminum which it says threatens US national security" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/FkpjW]
* "China calls for U.S. restraint over trade restrictions" (2018-02-13, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/Zc4xT]
* " 'US Should Prepare For War With China': Admiral Harry Harris; The admiral described himself as a "military guy" and advised Congress to "plan and resource to win a war," while simultaneously working to prevent it" (2018-02-16, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/3pOVD]
* "US must 'prepare' for war with China: American admiral; The top US admiral in the Asia-Pacific has told Congress that America must prepare for the possibility of war with China which has shown a "crystal clear" intent to dominate the South China Sea" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/UEH9w]
* "Advocating confrontational policy towards Beijing ‘dangerous’: China to US; The Chinese ambassador to the US has warned Washington against “any strategy for confrontation” with Beijing, which he said is based on a “paranoid” fear of China’s rising power" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/Ot0KP]
* "US launches full-scale confrontation with China: Scholar; The United States has “launched a full-scale confrontation with China,” because Washington is unable to compete with Beijing economically, an American writer and retired professor says" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/14ytR]
* "China's military modernization challenges US air power - report" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/mcToX]
* "US intelligence chiefs warn against Chinese phones" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/QjAVr]
* "China Bans Hip-Hop Culture and Tattoos From TV" (2018-01-22, time.com), more headlines and analysis (search results retrieved 2018-02-15, google.com) [archive.is/vys9R]
* (2018-02-15, cgtn.com) [archive.is/ZwGSI] [begin excerpt]: China's best artists are trying to entertain the country's 1.3 billion people on Chinese New Year's Eve by bringing the latest technologies, such as 4K resolution and augmented reality (AR), to this year's Spring Festival Gala to create a more immersive experience. [...] The optical special effects have been enhanced to create a world of magic. This was showcased when hip-hop singer Jay Chou performed magic tricks during his singing routine.
The virtual elements moved as if they were controlled by the singer himself, while the black background provided enough space to bring out real objects. Real and virtual elements were blurred together to trick viewers' eyes. [end excerpt]
* "UK sending warship to challenge China at South China Sea; Britain plans to sail a warship to the South China Sea next month at a time of rising tensions between China and the United States, a move likely to anger Beijing" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/lMpmv]
* "UK seeks to grab attention with planned South China Sea mission: China; A leading Chinese newspaper has criticized Britain’s decision to sail one of its warships through the disputed South China Sea next month" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/jDyoV]
* "Best frenemies? UK Navy mission risks leaving China trade deal all at sea" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/M4TyP]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Federation of Russia & the Eurasian Union
* "Moscow views mending relations with Washington as primary task – ambassador" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/wq0w6]
* "What Will Happen If Russia Behaves like America in the International Arena" (2018-02-19, alternatio.org; translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard, stalkerzone.org) [archive.is/USqcO]
* "Moscow says has proof of Western interference to sway Russian presidential election; Russia says some Western countries are attempting to influence the country’s presidential election next month, stressing that it has concrete evidence of the alleged meddling" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/E9e2V]
* "Decrypting the War in Ukraine, concerning criticism aimed at Russia for its perceived “inaction” during the events in Ukraine in 2014" (2017-11-28, by Ollie Richardson, stalkerzone.org) [archive.is/S3xNT]
* "EU exploiting irrational myth of 'Russian threat': Lavrov; Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has lashed out at the European Union for sticking to its mentality of treating Russia as a threat and reaffirmed Moscow’s preparedness to improve its relations with the West" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/yiJQl] [begin excerpt]: Speaking at the annual Munich Security Conference on Saturday, Lavrov criticized the EU for its 1990s mindset which views Russia as an “apprentice” that must be taught the Western values and the bloc’s current concerns over the idea of “Russian threat” which accuses Moscow of meddling in all key issues across Europe.
"Over the past decades, the EU has not been able to find a middle ground in relations with our country. The 1990s were dominated by the idea of Russia as 'the apprentice,' which should be systematically, regardless of objections, schooled according to Western standards. Now, the irrational myth of the 'almighty Russian threat' is exploited, traces of which can be found everywhere - from Brexit to the Catalan referendum," said Lavrov. [end excerpt]
* "EU divided on Balkan expansion in face of Russia fears; European Union foreign ministers have failed to reach agreement on a proposal to expand into the Western Balkans, citing problems such as ethnic wars and alleged criminal activities there" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/3iJjq]
* "2 Americans, 6 others arrested in Serbia" (2018-02-19, AP newswire) [archive.is/I4hf3] [begin excerpt]: Eight foreign citizens, including two Americans and two Ukrainians, have been arrested in Serbia on suspicion that they tried to photograph and enter military facilities without authorization, officials said on Monday.
State TV said the U.S. and Ukrainian citizens allegedly tried to take shots of the military security headquarters in downtown Belgrade with a drone. The report did not identify them or give details, saying only that the Ukrainians are women and that they are all in police custody.
Announcing the arrest of eight foreigners, Serbian Defense Minister Aleksandar Vulin said he does not want to prejudge the case that is under investigation, but added: “It is not a coincidence that such a large number of foreign citizens tried to bust into premises controlled by the Army of Serbia.”
Another American was arrested in Serbia earlier this month for possession of an unmarked gun. Pro-government media alleged that he was a former Navy SEAL and had planned the assassination of unidentified Serbian officials.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic on Sunday mentioned the arrest of a “group” of foreigners, but added that their case is “nothing especially serious.”
There is a mounting anti-Western media campaign in Serbia, which formally wants to join the European Union but is experiencing increasing pro-Russian propaganda. [end excerpt]
* "No proof of doping does not mean innocence — CAS Secretary General to RT" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/YVmnh]
* " ‘Rodchenkov was turned when he worked in Canada’ – Russian Skiing Federation chief Elena Valbe" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/msFFx]
* "Romantic Russian skier weds bride banned from PyeongChang on Valentine's Day" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/F3d5e]
* "IOC allows Statue of Liberty on USA hockey helmets; Russian symbols still banned" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/vfaC4]
* "Taking Liberties: USA hockey goalies may be forced to remove statue masks" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/D2mGj]
* "Ukrainian "Patriots" Demand Punishment for Ukrainian Athletes Who Hug Fellow Competitors from Russia" (2018-02-19, alternatio.org; translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard, stalkerzone.org) [archive.is/VSWsJ]
* "Russia may target 2018 US midterm elections: US intelligence chief; US Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats has claimed that Russia views the 2018 midterm congressional elections as “potential target,” and may try to influence or undermine them" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/h1cIC]
* "Russians Charged With 2016 Election Tampering to Boost Trump; The charges describe a conspiracy that started in 2014 to disrupt the U.S. election by people who adopted false online personas to push divisive messages" (2018-02-16, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/vrcqJ]
* "US Homeland Security refutes NBC report that claims Russia hacked elections" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/7serk]
* "US intel chiefs say Russia meddling threatens 2018 vote" (2018-02-14, cgtn.com) [archive.is/zsiYt]
* "Bernie Sanders makes no comments about Russia’s alleged support for him in 2016; US independent Senator Bernie Sanders has remained silent towards allegations by special counsel Robert Mueller about Moscow’s support for him ahead of the 2016 presidential election" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/mFdrZ]
- [comment, retrieved 2018-02-18]: I don't understand how Russia can be blamed for anything here that Facebook cannot. If Russia is guilty of anything (except having delicious borscht), surely Facebook must be considered an accomplice in even greater jeopardy on account of being incorporated in the USA.
* "Incontrovertible evidence that Russia interfered in US election: McMaster; The new round of indictments in US Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation show “incontrovertible” evidence that Russia interfered in the US 2016 presidential election, the White House national security adviser has said" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/Kns6G], photo caption: White House National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster delivers his speech on day two of the 54th Munich Security Conference (MSC) in Munich, southern Germany, on February 17, 2018.
* "Trump gave ‘green light’ for Russia intervention, ex-CIA analyst; US President Donald Trump has given Russia a “green light” to get engaged in the processes of meddling in the country ahead of upcoming US elections, says a former CIA analyst" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/C0UJ7]
* "Russia's foreign minister says Washington's election meddling claim mere 'blabber' ; Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has once again firmly rejected as mere “blabber” Washington's claim that Moscow interfered in the 2016 US presidential election in favor of President Donald Trump, a day after the US Justice Department indicted more than a dozen Russian nationals in connection with the allegation" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/20Tvx]
* "NBC publishes 200k tweets by 'Russian trolls' and some are quite Russophobic" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/pkSq2]
* " ‘If we don’t work together we should be fired’: Ex-CIA agent calls for closer ties with Russia" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/BLjZj]
* "America Is Descending Into a Dangerous Psychosis; 'If I was running the Russian intel services, I’d just pay to send a few Nebraska county commissioners to Disneyland — that would keep our seventeen US intel agencies busy until kingdom come trying to figure out the angle' " (2018-02-17, by James Howard Kunstler, via russia-insider.com) [archive.is/m1LwK]
* "At least 3 Russian groups and 13 Russian individuals indicted in Mueller’s investigation: report" (2018-02-16, rawstory.com) [archive.is/nDdFs]
* "US indictment of Russian nationals over US election ‘absurd’: Moscow; Russia has flatly dismissed as “absurd” the indictment of 13 Russian nationals by the US Justice Department for allegedly interfering in the 2016 US presidential election" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/JNMq4]
* "Special Counsel Mueller interviews former top advisers to Trump; US Justice Department's Special Counsel Robert Mueller has interviewed two former advisers to President Donald Trump as investigators tighten the noose around the incumbent over his campaign's alleged collusion with Russians in the 2016 presidential election" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/GFNoZ]
* "Trump says ‘no collusion’ with Russia after indictment; President Donald Trump denies that his campaign colluded with Russia hours after thirteen Russians and three Russian companies were charged with conspiracy to interfere with the 2016 US presidential election" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/HIspG]
* "Watch how fake news is born and spread after release of PR firm’s Russia-Brexit report" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/FP10J] [begin excerpt]: The release of a report that claims Russian media outlets RT and Sputnik were a major influence on the outcome of the Brexit vote has unwittingly allowed people to see exactly how “fake news” is formed and spread on Twitter.
The self-funded report was produced by PR firm 89up, a lobbying firm that runs communications for pro-EU pressure group ‘Best for Britain,’ which is part-funded by billionaire George Soros.
At the time of writing, 89up had removed the slide-show presentation linked to the report from its site. While the agency promised more information would be released in the coming days, it has been pointed out that the initial release contained no statistical evidence in the form of tweets or articles to back up the claims being made. Twitter itself has said that it cannot find evidence of Russian Brexit meddling.
After the release of the 89up report, the findings were reproduced on ‘Byline,’ which is a website purporting to be “crowdfunded independent journalism.” Writer JJ Patrick used the headline “Russia More Influential Than Leave Campaigns During Brexit.”
The claim contained in that headline is not backed up by any part of 89up’s report. The inference of that sensationalist headline would be that RT and Sputnik were somehow more influential in Britain than Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, the Daily Mail, The Sun etc, etc. Even the most anti-Russian, pro-Brussels conspiracy theorist would wonder about the veracity of that claim.
That didn’t prevent 89up CEO Michael Harris from retweeting Byline’s story, calling it “a very good in-depth piece on our report” (Impressively, Byline’s story managed to contain more typos than 89up’s original report). [end excerpt]
* "UK blames Russia for 'NotPetya' cyber attack in June; The UK has accused Russia of being behind last year's so-called "NotPetya" cyber attack, which allegedly started in Russia and Ukraine before spreading worldwide, affecting thousands of computers" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/SA7Rp]
* "Dutch FM resigns after admitting lie about meeting Putin" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/rtXZb]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: The ALBA states
* "Cuba Rejects Luis Almagro's 'Interventionist' Remarks; OAS Secretary General Luis Almagro openly supports regime change in Cuba and Venezuela" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/a0zSA]
* "Cuba Rejects Exclusion of Venezuela from Summit of Americas; The Cuban foreign ministry condemned attempts to overthrow the constitutional government of Venezuela through violent coup and isolation" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/B7vQe]
* "Venezuelan Democracy vs the Corporate Mind of Rex Tillerson; Do Venezuelan democracy, peace and constitutional process fit in the corporate mind of U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson?" (2018-02-13, by Nino Pagliccia, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/eMLGo]
* "Venezuela to Seek 'Other Markets' in case of US Oil Embargo: Maduro; The statements follow statements from U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's and his Argentine counter part saying they were studying an embargo" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/fjroB]
* "Venezuela, Colombia Concerned About Possible Border Attacks; 'There is no empire in the world that can undo the history that binds our people', Nicolas Maduro said to Juan Manuel Santos" (2018-02-16, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/Lcbtw] [begin excerpt]: Shortly after, Venezuela’s interior and justice minister accused Colombia’s army of recruiting roughly 150 Venezuelans that could “create paramilitary groups highly indoctrinated with the capacity to move freely within Venezuelan territory.” Reverol ratified Maduro’s instructions to establish direct communication between the two nations defense ministers. [end excerpt]
* "Venezuela to Meet With Colombia's Foreign Ministry On Security; He requested Venezuela's Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza to open the embassy in Miami so all Venezuelan citizen located in the U.S. city can register and participate in the vote" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/kPJQO]
* "Colombia plotting 'bombing' or 'invasion,' Venezuela says" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/JvWfk], source (2018-02-13, efe.com) [archive.is/xgXIg]
* "Venezuela to Meet Colombia's Foreign Ministry On Security; Nicolas Maduro requested Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza open the embassy in Miami so Venezuelan citizens located in the U.S. city can register and vote" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/ZsnDl]
* "Evo Morales: 'Unasur Must Reinforce Venezuelan Sovereignty' ; An emergency meeting must be called by Unasur to reinforce the sovereignty of Venezuela's people, said Bolivian President Evo Morales" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/VH8py]
* "Uruguay Communists Condemn Rise of 'Yankee Imperialism' ; 'Yankee imperialism is using all means to prevent a way out of the difficult political, economic and social situation facing Venezuela', said the PCU" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/0m1ly]
* "Communist Party of Chile Denounces Threats Against Venezuela; The group stated that U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s visit to the region has drummed up support against Venezuela" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/UFtoR]
* "Chile: Foreign Minister Invites Maduro to Piñera’s Inauguration; Earlier, Chile’s Foreign Minister had said that Chile will not support any intervention in Venezuela" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/vy416]
* "Colombia needs international help with Venezuela refugee crisis: Pres. Santos; Colombia says it needs international aid to cope with the humanitarian crisis that has resulted from the flow across the border of hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans fleeing economic hardship in their own country" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/INUtc]
* "Venezuela: Power Outages as Fire Rages at Electricity Plant; Dominguez also remarked, through his Instagram account, that electricity service would be restored within four to five hours" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/3rYmo]
* "Brazil: 5 Venezuelan Migrants Injured in Arson Attacks; Security camera footage released by Brazil's Civil Police show someone throwing a Molotov cocktail onto a porch where a Venezuelan couple was asleep" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/U3VDP]
* "Venezuela Reopens Miami Consulate for Voter Registration; The consulate had been closed since 2012, after the U.S. expelled the Venezuelan diplomat who headed the delegation" (2018-02-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/ttuGk]
* "Ecuador, Colombia Strengthen Security and Defense Ties; Officials highlighted increasing bilateral relations between the two countries" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/sdG4M]
* "Cuba's National Ballet, Biggest in the World, to Perform in US; The government of Fidel Castro revived the Cuban ballet scene through financial and logistical support for Iconic Cuban dancer Alicia Alonso" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/4uDm5]
* "US secretly created 'Cuban Twitter' to stir unrest and undermine government; USAid started ZunZuneo, a social network built on texts, in hope it could be used to organize 'smart mobs' to trigger Cuban spring" (2014-04-03, theguardian.com) [archive.is/sy5Yr]
* "Why Bolivia Fights US Imperialism, But Chile Does Not; According to the leaked documents, the main goal of the USAID was to split Bolivia into two republics" (2018-02-16, by Val Reynoso, via telesurtv.net) [archive.is/Borqx] [begin excerpt]: Bolivia has an anti-imperialist stance in terms of relations with regional countries and the U.S. especially given the history of U.S. involvement in said regions. Declassified documents acquired by investigators Jeremy Bigwood and Eva Golinger under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) show that the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has allotted over US$97 million since 2002 in decentralizationof regional autonomy projects and opposition political parties in Bolivia that are typically upheld by Eastern Bolivian regional governments.
The USAID program in Bolivia began following the USAID founding of an Office for Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Bolivia in 2004. The OTIs are a subsection of USAID dedicated to providing immediate response teams to political crises within nations of strategic significance to the U.S. and only provides political issues despite the USAID being dedicated to what they define as humanitarian aid and development assistance. OTIs also function as intelligence agencies due to their discretion and issuing of large contracts with U.S. companies, to run temporary offices in nations where OTI have to allocate millions of dollars to their political parties and NGOs that are allied with the U.S.
According to the leaked documents, the main goal of the USAID was to split Bolivia into two republics—one that would be Indigenous-governed and the other run by white and mixed Bolivians who mostly reside in areas abundant in natural resources such as gas and water. In addition to the general Bolivia program funding provided by the USAID, OTI also had an extra budget of US$13.3 million after 2007, the same year that OTI was integrated into the USAID/Bolivia's Democracy Program. This program serves the purpose of providing resources to strengthening separatist projects in the country.
In 2007, US$1.25 million was invested in training political party members on current political and electoral processes, such as the constituent assembly and the autonomy referendum. These separatist projects backed by USAID have motivated and influenced destabilization activities in Bolivia, including USAID interventions in electoral processes, increased anti-indigenous violence and assassination attempts against Evo Morales.
Another declassified document explicates the need to provide more support to USAID and Embassy indigenous interns with the aspiration to construct a network of pro-U.S. State Department advocates. Even Morales has shed light on the corruption of several opposition groups in Bolivia, in a statement he made on the private television channel ATB, saying that the anti-referendum campaign was funded by the U.S. government. Morales furthered that the Bolivian opposition keeps regular contact with the U.S. National Democratic Institute (NDI) and that the U.S. Embassy suggests Bolivian opposition not make public appearances during the campaign so that it may seem like Morales' rejection came from the public.
In addition to denouncing the U.S. and its involvement in the region, Morales has also voiced support for regional allies Cuba and Venezuela, given that he denounced U.S. sanctions on Venezuela as imperialist and as a “financial blow.” He also sought to further strengthen ties with Cuba following a meeting with First Deputy President of Cuba Miguel Diaz-Canel last year. [end excerpt]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)
* "US "2018 Nuclear Posture Review"—Open Declaration of Preemptive Nuclear Attack" (2018-02-14, KCNA newswire, via naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/KgqX7]
* "N Korea poses existential threat to America: US intelligence chief; The US director of national intelligence says North Korea poses an existential threat to the United States" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/PfThb]
* "US using 'large sticks' to convince N Korea to give up nukes: Tillerson; US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has said that the United States is using "large sticks" instead of carrots to convince North Korea to give up nuclear weapons" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/4VYgc]
* "Japan, US ‘to pressure North Korea’ amid inter-Korean rapprochement; Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and United States President Donald Trump have reportedly agreed to continue to pressure North Korea over its weapons programs even as Pyongyang engages in nascent dialog with its main rival Seoul" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/YL838]
* "Trump threatens retaliatory actions against China, S Korea; US President Donald Trump has threatened to impose sanctions on China while vowing to scrap a free trade deal with South Korea" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/PPzWN]
* "U.S. commander: N.K. seeks reunification under communist system" (2018-02-15, yna.co.kr) [archive.is/vguER] [begin excerpt]: Adm. Harry Harris, chief of the U.S. Pacific Command, told a congressional hearing he does not agree with the predominant view that Kim is pursuing nuclear-tipped missiles to safeguard his regime only. Kim is "after reunification under a single, communist system," Harris told the House Armed Services Committee, adding that is the "long view." [end excerpt]
* "US Blasted for Trying to Overturn UN Session Decision" (2018-02-15, KCNA newswire, via naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/GYcFj] [begin excerpt]: The Permanent Mission of the DPRK to the United Nations issued a press statement on February 12 as regards the fact that the Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations deferred the application of a US "human rights" organization against the DPRK for special consultative status with the UN ECOSOC during its session from January 29 to February 7 and the US tries to overturn the committee's decision.
The application of US organization named "US Committee for Human Rights in North Korea" for the consultative status was deferred by the objection of many member states of the committee in the vote proposed by the US delegation because this plot-breeding agency disguised as a non-governmental organization seriously violates the spirit and principles of the UN Charter and ECOSOC resolution 1996/31 by infringing upon the sovereignty of the DPRK through the activities funded and controlled by the US government to slander the country and overthrow its system.
Then, the US mission to the UN behaved itself, disgracefully issuing a so-called protest press statement on February 5 and saying that it was a shameful day at the UN and the committee's decision to defer accreditation to the US organization could be reversed in the UN Economic and Social Council in April.
The US was beaten up by the world. It is due punishment and reflects the will of the international community not to permit anymore such bad behaviours of the US as the "human rights" racket against the DPRK, the interference in internal affairs of other countries and the high-handedness. It also testifies that the US became a global target of criticism as the principal violator of human rights in the world history and a target of global attack. [end excerpt]
* "Press Statement of DPRK Permanent Mission to UN" (2018-02-17, KCNA newswire, via naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/zmQv6]:
The Permanent Mission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea to the United Nations issued a press statement on February 12 as regards the fact that one year has passed since the DPRK Government requested the UN Secretariat to organize an international forum of legal experts for clarification of legality of the "sanctions resolutions" of the UN Security Council imposed against the DPRK.
Recalling that in January last year the DPRK proposed the UN Secretariat to organize an international forum of legal experts for clarification of legality of the "sanctions resolutions", the press statement said:
The Permanent Mission of the DPRK to the United Nations, during the past one year, has constantly requested for earliest organization of the international forum of legal experts to the UN Secretariat through the meetings with the secretary-general, the under-secretary-general for Political Affairs and the under-secretary-general for Legal Affairs, and the letters of the DPRK permanent representative addressed to the secretary-general for 5 times, releases of the Permanent Mission's press statements for 4 times as well as press conferences and interviews for 5 times.
However, the UN Secretariat still turns away the DPRK’s just proposal for organizing an international forum of legal experts, continuously persisting in its outdated sophistry, saying that pursuant to Article 39 of the UN Charter, it is for the Security Council to determine whether or not a particular action or set of actions or a particular situation or dispute constitutes a threat to the peace, breach of the peace, or act of aggression and thus it is for the Security Council to decide what recommendations to make or what measures are to be taken to maintain or restore international peace and security.
The UN Secretariat should listen carefully to the voices raised from numerous legal experts and lawyers of many countries, who are supporting the DPRK’s proposal for international forum, insisting that the Security Council has no legal ground or moral justification to condemn nuclear test or launch of ICBM and satellite as violation of international law.
The DPRK Permanent Mission to the UN requests once again the UN Secretariat to immediately respond in a positive way to its proposal for organizing an international forum of legal experts, in conformity with the mission stipulated in the UN Charter.
* (2018-02-14, Tony Seed): Congratulations to the Korean women’s unified hockey team, the object of much abusive scorn in the sports media. They scored their first goal, though eventually going down to Japan 4-1, which won its first Olympics match, in front of a packed stadium which cheered to the last whistle. But they never gave up, coach Sarah Murray commented that they actually won the second period, and the people seemed to regard the result as a victory. The work of the players made short shrift of the views repeated ad nauseam by the imperialist press that the united presence of the ROK and DPRK athletes was a short-lived “manipulation” or “charm offensive” by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
The 35-member squad includes 15 players from the DPRK. The players from the ROK include players who hold dual Korean-Canadian and Korean-U.S. citizenship. The unified team is coached by Canadian Sarah Murray. The players from north and south were brought together only 10 days before their first scheduled game. Waving the Unification Flags, the crowd chanted, "Our country – reunification! One Korea!"
Interestingly, the media. which seems to be tortured by the participation of players from the DPRK on a Korean team, has no such problems with the participation of US and Canadian players of Korean origin on the women’s team. The Korean men’s hockey team includes seven naturalized players.
* "DPRK High-Level Delegation Met" (2018-02-13, KCNA newswire, via naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/x7dlu] [begin excerpt]: Kim Jong Un highly appreciated the efforts made by the members of the delegation and other suite members, shaking their hands, and listened to their detailed reports.
Kim Yong Nam made a detailed report on the activities of the delegation, including its participation in the opening ceremony of the 23rd Winter Olympics and visit to the Blue House.
Kim Yo Jong, who conducted her activities at the special instruction of Kim Jong Un, made a detailed report on her contacts with the south side's high-level figures, including President Moon Jae In, and the south side's intention and movement of the US side and others which she grasped through her activities.
After receiving the delegation's reports, Kim Jong Un expressed satisfaction over them. He said that very impressive were the features of the south side which specially prioritized the visit of the members of the DPRK who took part in the Winter Olympics, including the high-level delegation, making possible and sincere efforts for their convenience and activities, and expressed his gratitude for them.
Noting that it is important to continue making good results by further livening up the warm climate of reconciliation and dialogue created by the strong desire and common will of the north and the south with the Winter Olympics as a momentum, he set forth the future orientation for the improvement of inter-Korean relations and gave important instructions for the relevant sector to take practical measures for it. [end excerpt]
* "North Korean leader praises South Korea’s hospitality, urges more dialog; North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has lauded the hospitality South Korea extended to his country’s delegation in the Winter Olympics, stressing the significance of building on the existing rapprochement to expand dialog on the divided Korean Peninsula" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/tUgMZ]
* "Kim Jong-un hails Seoul as gracious host despite US efforts to sabotage Olympic reconciliation" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/FFMJ0]
* "Top DPRK leader stresses importance of warm inter-Korean relations" (2018-02-13, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/DDFQM]
* "DPRK leader says important to shore up dialogue with ROK" (2018-02-13, cgtn.com) [archive.is/HqgF5]
* "Inter-Korean Relations: DPRK leader says it's important to continue dialogue with South" (2018-02-13, broadcast transcript, cgtn.com) [archive.is/zQFZY]
* "Korean Peninsula Relations: DPRK leader says it's important to continue dialogue with ROK" (2018-02-13, broadcast transcript, cgtn.com) [archive.is/C68PG]
* "MOFA: China welcomes negotiation between US and DPRK" (2018-02-13, cgtn.com) [archive.is/bee8d]
* "S.Korean president says U.S. shows intention to talk with DPRK" (2018-02-13, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/umq44]
* "ROK president says US shows intention to talk with DPRK" (2018-02-13, cgtn.com) [archive.is/VwrtL]
* " ‘Olympic Destroyer’ cyberattack targeted PyeongChang opening ceremony, tech companies confirm" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/hZZD7]
* "South Korea Budgets US$2M for North Korea's Olympic Expenses; Expenses include costs for visit, accommodation and food for North Korea's cheering squad, orchestra, taekwondo performers as well as journalists" (2018-02-14, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/cNaPC]
* "South Korea approves record fund to host North Koreans during Olympics; South Korea has approved a record budget of more than two and a half million dollars to bankroll the hosting of hundreds of North Koreans during the Winter Olympics" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/SXyYS]
* "South Korea will pay up to $2.6mn for cost of North’s participation in Winter Olympics" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/WAx9w]
* "Gold medal for enthusiasm: All eyes on N. Korea’s cheerleaders in PyeongChang" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/Bu8He]
* "Olympic Diplomacy: IOC President Bach to visit DPRK after PyeongChang Games" (2018-02-13, broadcast transcript, cgtn.com) [archive.is/tAHVO]
* "US and Japan Flayed for Hampering Improvement of Inter-Korean Relations" (2018-02-14, KCNA newswire, via naenara.com.kp) [archive.is/8Q6mM]
* "Exposed – the sinister masked guards watching every step of the North Korean cheerleaders as they try to turn Winter Olympics into propaganda victory for Kim Jong-Un" (2018-02-15, dailymail.co.uk) [is.gd/RZeyGq], synopsis: North Korean cheerleaders at the Winter Olympics are shuttled from venue to venue and kept under the watchful eyes of a group of guards wearing black masks in an apparent attempt to keep their identities hidden
An older man who has been spotted sitting next to the squad during the Olympic games is believed to be the team's supervisor for each of their outings. DailyMail.com approached the leader of the troupe at the all-Korean female ice-hockey match against historic rival Japan at the Kwandong Hockey Centre in Pyeongchang on Wednesday, but was turned away. The group of women are based at an obscure and guarded resort at the Inje Speedium, located up to an hour and a half away from the main hub of the Winter Games. The resort base makes it possible for them to be carefully watched – a necessary measure for the oppressive regime that once had a cheerleader defect to South Korea.
* (2018-02-05, facebook.com/dprk360) [archive.is/RScOO]: Did you know there’s a “special feature" hidden in Facebook’s translation software? When you type in North Korean names, sometimes it translates to other meanings for a little bit of fun. 마식령스키리조트 means Masikryong Ski Resort but in this case, Facebook translates it to “Devil’s Ski Resort” ‘Ma’ means ‘horse’, ‘sik’ means ‘rest’ or ‘take a rest’, and ‘ryong’ means ‘hill’. So ‘Masikryong’ means ‘the hill where the horse takes a rest’. Thanks to Mdm 신은미 (Korean American) for explaining the REAL Korean translations to me. https://www.instagram.com/p/Be1ZM_AhPuH/
* (2018-02-14, Felix Abt) [archive.is/wtoWh]:
Wikipedia Editors Censor Unwelcome North Korea Views!
Here is the latest proof: [archive.is/NsIbJ].
Naturally, Joshua Stanton and Sung-Yoon Lee, the fiercest and loudest strangulating sanctions' advocates, are quoted on Wikipedia’s page “Sanctions against North Korea”. My subsequent quote related to the consequences of sanctions one editor posted was swiftly removed (under the pretext: “MilitaryWatch is not a reliable source”), Wiki talk... [archive.is/K4E5Z]. My piece was first published by “unreliable” Military Watch magazine. Judge for yourself if the points made in this piece should be censored by Wikipedia and the mainstream media. You can read or download it as a pdf-file here: [https://archive.org/details/SanctionsAndTheTargetingOfAPopulation.TheContinuationOfTheKoreanWarByOtherMeansA_201802].
* "Defector charged with sending rice to North Korean secret police Prosecutor's office says woman planned to return to DPRK, hoped to avoid punishment for leaving" (2018-02-19, nknews.org) [archive.is/OhAjw] [begin excerpt]:
A North Korean defector has been arrested and charged with sending 130 tons of rice to the DPRK’s secret police, the Suwon District Prosecutor’s Office confirmed to NK News on Monday.
The 49-year-old woman, who has only been named as “Mrs A,” has been charged with violating the National Security Act in sending 130 tons of rice — worth around KRW 105 million (USD$140,410) — to the DPRK Ministry of State Security (MSS) last year.
She reportedly sent two shipments of 65 tons to the MSS via a Chinese broker.
The woman defected to South Korea in 2011, with authorities claiming that she began contacting the DPRK secret police early last year with the purpose of returning to the North.
The defector is said to have delivered the rice to the MSS to avoid possible punishment for defection to the South, the prosecutor’s office said.
The prosecution reported that she had sold her house when she was apprehended, which authorities said suggested she was planning to return to the North.
Just before her arrest by the Public Security Division of the Gyeonggi Nambu Provincial Police Agency, she attempted to send KRW 80 million (around USD$74,920) to her broker in return for sending additional rice to the North.
The defector was arrested on charges of preparing for escape and voluntary assistance of the North.
Article 5 of the National Security Law, Voluntary Assistance and Receipt of Money and Goods, states that “any person who prepares for or plots a crime” with the intention of assisting an anti-government organ “shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than ten years.”
“Any person who has infiltrated from, or escaped to an area under the control of an anti-government organization… shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than ten years,” Article 6, Infiltration and Escapes, adds.
The defector reportedly lived alone in Gyeonggi Province, earning money by running her own business, and has told investigators she hoped to return to the North to see her son.
The South Korean Ministry of Unification (MOU) assessed in October that a total of 26 defectors have returned to the North since 2012.
Seoul does not confirm individual cases of so-called “re-defections,” unless they are reported by North Korean media.
Since the surprise appearance in state media last year by former TV star defector Jon Hye Song, South Korean police have ordered police stations across the country to track down around 900 defectors whose whereabouts are unknown.
The MOU in September reported that the residences of 886 North Korean defectors remained unclear.
The statistics provided by MOU in tandem with the Korean National Police Agency (KNPA) at the time revealed that many were missing because they had left the South. [end excerpt]
Why you shouldn’t help Liberty in North Korea -
Most of their funding goes towards themselves rather than helping defectors and helping them settle. This is not a good organization. This evidence can be found here (.pdf) [is.gd/WnKw7L] pgs. 18 [is.gd/9eQeKh], 19 [is.gd/CYyEny], which is incidentally on their own website. More Annual Financial Reports [archive.is/MiDKN].
LiNK spent $46,169 for Refugee Support in 2012, out of a total expenditure of $1,061,684 (out of $1,078,525 total revenue). And 65% of their total expenses was for themselves:
- $177,675 / Salaries & Benefits
- $158,368 / Other General & Administrative
- $108,044 / General Field
- $216,662 / Awareness
- $33,017 / Research & Strategy
From the Annual Fin. Report 2012, pg. 19 [is.gd/CYyEny]
* (2018-02-14, Walter W.): They have chapters at many universities. I visited one of their meetings at the University of Texas... they were having a "quiz" and "jeopardy" game to "educate" the members about the horrors of North Korea so they could repeat their little factlets while selling fried oreos... Really handy that they don't have to pay the students for their work. They also had bracelets that were allegedly made by defectors for sale.
- [comments]: Where is the ratings system at? I think they closed the reviews section because they were getting slammed. Guess we need a "Liberty in Liberty in North Korea" page. They disabled it after the overall rating dropped to like 2.5...
[archive.is/uiqXK]: They shut down the ratings section, it was 50/50 and average 3 stars, then several of us rated it and it fell to average 2, and several people were educated on how to think and question, and in elementary logic, and on certain facts, and they then implemented US draconian censorship on the US Facebook platform, and they decided to delete respectful relevant posts, and even to report such legitimate comments as spam.
Since we're not spamming and have a right to comment politely, let us go to https://www.facebook.com/libertyinnk/ and ask why they have removed their ratings section when honest independent reviews were posted?
* Some comments about Link [http://archive.is/dwksM] [begin excerpt]:
Conscientious Objector: This organization is terribly narrowminded in their “american dream” ideology. The staff are extreme right-wing christians who believe they’re doing god’s work. They are white and Korean-americans who are completely culturally unaware of even South Korean culture–forget them understanding North Koreans or how to help them. Most of the refugees that go through this organization are persuaded to come to the U.S. where they face more hardships in making a living than if they were left to be in China or sent to S.Korea. Because their extreme christian ideology, staff even barred North Koreans they supposedly “rescued” from dating or making any choice, treating them like children with no ability to make decisions for themselves (read Camp 14). They also grossly exaggerate their statistics of refugees they “help”. It is this interventionist view that split North and South Korea in the first place, what continues to contribute to the stand still between the two countries, and ultimately contributes to the depravity the North Koreans still face. In other words this reminds me of the Korean saying “Byong joogo yak joogo” which means first you give them the disease then you offer them medicine. In this case the medicine is a poison. [end excerpt]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Arab Republic of Syria
* "US mostly responsible for destruction of Syria: Analyst; Imperial powers, mostly the United States, are responsible for the destruction of Syria, according to Myles Hoenig, an American political analyst and activist" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/knjel]
* "Supporting terrorists, main objective of US-led coalition: Syria; Syria’s ambassador to the UN says the prime objective of the US-led military coalition, which is purportedly fighting the Daesh Takfiri group, is supporting terrorists operating in the Arab country" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/JdaLa]
* "US trying to create ‘quasi-state’ on large part of Syria’s land – Lavrov" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/GC9lp]
* "US may seek longer stay in Syria to create quasi-state: Russia; Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has warned of a possible plan by the United States to continue its military presence in Syria for a long term in an attempt to create a “quasi-state” in the eastern areas of the country" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/90paw]
* "Russia: US plans to keep forces inside Syria forever; Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has censured the “illegal” military presence of the United States on the ground in Syria, saying Washington plans to keep its forces in the Arab country “forever.”" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/R84wC]
* "US pushes on Russia to use its leverage on Syria; The United States has urged Russia to use its leverage over Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to end the conflict as the UN envoy warned of a "worrying and dangerous" moment in the nearly seven-year bloodshed" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/LLiGH]
* "About 'Pro-Russian' Kurds and the Russian 'Betrayal'..." (2018-01-23, topwar.ru; translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard, stalkerzone.org) [archive.is/sdi67] [begin excerpt]: On the second day of a Turkish military operation being carried out in the Kurdish enclave of Afrin, the commander-in-chief of the Kurdish groups YPG Sipan Hemo declared that Moscow betrayed Kurds.
“We agreed with Russia to observe Afrin on the peaceful principles but it now supports Turkey is allowing Turkish warplanes to attack civilians in Afrin. It means Russia has betrayed us”.
If Sipan Hemo said all of this but replaced the word “Russia” with “the USA”, then everything would be logical and true. But all of this was said concerning Moscow, so it means that we an raise our eyebrows in amazement and ask the commander of the YPG groups: since when was Russia an ally of the Syrian Kurds? [end excerpt]
* "Bandera & Rojava - A Match Made in Hell" (2018-02-17, by Ollie Richardson, stalkerzone.org) [archive.is/DCiJc]
* "Israel threatens to ‘bite hard’ after downing of its fighter jet in Syria" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/OjNTU]
* "US using chemical attacks as pretext for military presence in Syria: Analyst; An analyst believes the United States is using the issue of chemical attacks in Syria as an excuse to continue its military presence in the war-torn Arab country" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/dF8ic]
* " 'France will strike' if proof found chemical weapons used in Syria - president" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/03aHi]
* "France will strike if chemical weapons use proven in Syria: Macron; President Emmanuel Macron says if the use of chemical weapons against civilians is proven in Syria, "France will strike" while noting that no proof of such an action has been presented" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/Zwf7o]
* "Tip-off received on Al-Nusra, White Helmets plotting chemical weapons provocation in Syria – Moscow" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/Uakzb]
* "Russia warns of chemical attack by militants, White Helmets in Syria's Idlib; The Russian Center for the Reconciliation of Opposing Sides in Syria says it has received a phone call warning about a possible chemical weapons attack in the northwestern Syrian province of Idlib by militants and White Helmets" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/g8MYE]
* "Six People Hospitalized After Alleged Turkish Gas Attack in Afrin - Reports; Reports have surfaced that a Turkish chemical weapon attack in the Northern Syrian city of Afrin has hospitalized six civilians. The Turkish military is doing battle with US-backed Syrian Kurdish militias over control of the border city" (2018-02-17, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/qvTB5]
* "Russia says five of its citizens may have been killed by US warplanes in Syria; Moscow says five Russian citizens may have been killed in recent attacks by US warplanes on pro-government forces in the eastern Syrian province of Dayr al-Zawr" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/9Aq6R]
* "Tensions Between Turkey and the US Escalate in Syria; Both NATO countries have suggested the possibility of clashes between them" (2018-02-13, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/srkAA]
* "Erdogan threatens US with 'Ottoman slap,' says all NATO countries created equal" (2018-02-13, rt.com) [archive.is/nfM0d]
* "Tillerson, Erdogan meet amid heightened strain over Operation Olive Branch; US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan have had a meeting as relations between the two North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) partners have frayed in the wake of Ankara’s ongoing cross-border offensive in Syria’s northwestern region of Afrin against the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG)" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/GuC7Y]
* "Turkey Offers Joint Deployment With US Troops in Syria's Manbij; Turkey said it will normalize relations with the U.S. if the Syrian Kurdish force YPG agrees to move out of Manbij region" (2018-02-16, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/UpPPo]
* "Turkey, US to work together in Syria occupation: Cavusoglu, Tillerson; Ankara and Washington have reached an agreement to work together in their occupation of Syria, where the two NATO allies have been on a collision course over the US’s support for the Kurdish militants operating at Turkish doorstep" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/EH3UL]
* "Turkish President, Saudi King discuss Syria military operations; Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has discussed his country's latest military operations in Syria with Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/0yU75]
* "Turkish MP jailed for exposing Ankara’s arms aid to Syria militants; A court in Turkey has sentenced a legislator from the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) to five years and 10 months in jail for leaking classified material, and exposing to a newspaper a video showing weapons shipment to parts of Syria held by foreign-backed Takfiri terrorists" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/Ontxd]
* "German claim about Iran role in Syria-Israel tensions baseless: Official; Tehran has dismissed Germany’s “baseless” claim about the Iranian role in the recent escalation between Syria and Israel, saying the Tel Aviv regime, whose survival depends on chaos and confrontation, is to blame for the rising tensions in the region" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/FoMIW]
* (2018-02-16, Pierre Le Corf, in Aleppo, Syria) [archive.is/2brfk]:
I came across this picture that I took two years ago ... we escaped from the city center an hour before to take refuge at home while the mortars were raining, the cars front of us burned the days before. The civil defense went to a nearby building where a kid was buried under the rubble but unfortunately did not survive ... and that's the Syrian Civil Defense> the real one. The "white helmets" (originally created in the UK) claiming to be the Syrian Civil Defense (when most of them are fighters) do not exist in Syria if not only in 2 areas occupied by terrorists, only in terrorist areas, areas that do not even represent 10% of the territory. I put that here, you do whatever you want with it but this is also a reality.
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Islamic Republic of Iran
* "All enemies' plots to harm Iran unity thwarted: IRGC commander; The chief commander of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has hailed the peaceful coexistence among Iranian Shia and Sunni Muslims, saying all plots hatched by enemies to undermine national unity and solidarity in the country have been thwarted" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/PS6SZ]
* "Iran says won't allow others to undermine its defense power; Iran says it will not permit other countries to undermine its defense might while they are themselves supplying regional countries with lethal weapons" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/5pM35]
* "Iran develops missile program as part of defensive doctrine: Leader’s adviser; A senior adviser to Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says Iran’s development of missiles does not concern any countries as it is totally a matter of domestic policy" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/alX5m]
* "EU envoy to Russia hails JCPOA as best possible nuclear deal; The European Union’s envoy to Moscow has described the 2015 Iran nuclear accord with world countries as the best possible agreement, saying the EU’s stance on the deal is closer to the positions of Russia and China than that of the US" (2018-02-15, presstv.ir) [archive.is/wr2uG]
* "US anti-Iran accusations to undermine JCPOA politically-motivated: Russia; Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov has criticized the United States for seeking to add unrelated matters to the Iran nuclear agreement, warning such efforts could undermine the deal" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/jUask]
* "US to regret any nuclear deal violation: Iran's Rouhani; Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has once again reiterated the Islamic Republic's full compliance with the 2015 multilateral nuclear agreement, stressing the United States would undoubtedly regret any violation of the deal" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/0j7lr]
* "European Parliament welcomes removal of Iran sanctions under JCPOA: Top MEP; The European Parliament (EP) “welcomes and supports” the removal of sanctions against Iran under the 2015 nuclear accord with world countries, says a senior member of the EU’s legislative body visiting Tehran" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/QYXh1], photo caption: Chairman of the Iranian Parliament’s Committee on National Security and Foreign Policy, Alaeddin Boroujerdi (R) shakes hands with the head of the European Parliament’s Foreign Affairs Committee, David McAllister, in Tehran, February 14, 2018.
* "Iran's FM due in Germany to attend Munich Security Conference; Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif is to set off for Germany to participate in the Munich Security Conference (MSC)" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/vMcWY]
* "Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Husband calls for UN to intervene as wife is ‘tortured’ in Iran jail" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/u9DDd]
* "Iranian-American Muslim woman schools US TV hosts on nuclear weapons, being American; Iranian-American blogger and fashion designer Hoda Katebi has become a sensation after brilliantly putting down two rude American TV hosts, who kept asking her politically-motivated questions during a program that was about her new book on fashion" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/57Xxk]
* "Sanchi tragedy slashed Iran’s oil exports to South Korea; Recent figures show that Iran’s exports of oil to South Korea dropped by almost a half in January after a tanker incident off China’s shores, but the country’s exports to India rose nonetheless by above 50 percent" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/PqwTq]
NEW COLD WAR Frontline: Jurisdiction of Yemen
* "UNSC mulls UK-proposed Saudi praise for Yemen ‘aid pledge’ ; Britain, a sponsor of the bloody Saudi war on Yemen, proposes a UN Security Council praise of Riyadh and its main ally, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), for pledging funds to ease a humanitarian crisis of their own making in the Arabian Peninsula state" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/S0zgi]
* "Saudi cluster bombs continue to endanger Yemeni kids’ lives; Thousands of innocent children continue to fall victim to Saudi Arabia’s use of cluster bombs in aerial attacks on residential areas across the Yemen, corroborating assertions of violation of international law in the impoverished Arab country" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/QVLTG]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL's
* "Stoltenberg calls for NATO’s budget hike; NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg is urging European allies and Canada to keep ramping up defense spending, as the alliance expands its command headquarters in response to a more assertive Russia" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/RUyqk]:
Stoltenberg said Wednesday that "to keep our nations safe, we need more defense spending, investment in key capabilities, and forces for NATO missions and operations."
At NATO talks in Brussels, defense ministers are set to announce the creation of two new command centers to cover trans-Atlantic maritime transport routes and logistics and transport within Europe.
The US is expected to take responsibility for the Atlantic command, while Germany is best placed for the logistics hub.
Allies are also likely to announce the launch of a new cyber operations center.
- Photo caption: NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg launches the NATO Defense Ministers Council meeting at the NATO headquarters in Brussels on February 14, 2018.
* "NATO to open new command centers in US & Germany - officials" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/9oech]
* "EU's new military pact poses no threat to NATO: Mogherini; The European Union has dismissed a call by the United States "to include in written EU documents" that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's (NATO) role in protecting Europe would not be threatened by the EU's newly-established massive military pact" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/jfnyb]
* "NATO ministers to discuss strains with US over EU military cooperation; Defense ministers with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) have met in Brussels to discuss Washington’s concerns over EU plans for closer military ties between the bloc’s members, and increasingly strained US-Turkey relations" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/XoO43], photo caption: German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen smiles as she arrives prior to a meeting at the NATO headquarters in Brussels on February 14, 2018.
* "Theresa May calls for security treaty with EU by end of 2019; UK Prime Minister Theresa May has called for a new security partnership with the European Union that should be in place by next year to ensure military, intelligence and counter-terrorism cooperation after Britain exits the EU in 2019" (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/TCWpi]
* "NATO defense ministers agree to US demand for larger Iraq deployment; NATO has agreed to deploy a larger military mission to Iraq after the US urged the Western military alliance to look into a long-term stay in the Arab country only after the defeat of the Daesh terror group there" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/ls9Dn]
* "German military ‘has no plans’ to acquire robot weapons; The German military has no intention of acquiring autonomous weapons, decried as “killer robots” by critics, the head of Germany’s fledgling cyber command said on Thursday" (2018-02-16, presstv.ir) [archive.is/a2xwr]
* "Tillerson Middle East Visit: Washington's top envoy begins regional tour in Egypt" (2018-02-13, broadcast transcript, cgtn.com) [archive.is/hOHJP]
* "Tillerson stresses US-Egypt security ties on Middle East tour" (2018-02-13, cgtn.com) [archive.is/1xyXC]
* "Macron vows to bring back ‘compulsory’ national service for French youth" (2018-02-14, rt.com) [archive.is/61WzD]
* photo caption (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/Zwf7o]: A carnival float, depicting a caricature of French President Emmanuel Macron in Napoleon pose, is pictured during a carnival parade on Rose Monday on February 12, 2018 in Mainz, western Germany.
* "Macedonia's new hopes for NATO membership bid" (2018-02-13, cgtn.com) [archive.is/hMWgJ]
* "Our defence strategy: all the way with USA" (2018-01-27, theaustralian.com.au) [archive.is/OWWF6] [begin excerpt]:
Australia has backed a new US defence strategy naming Russia and China as a greater threat to national security than Islamic terrorism in a move experts have labelled a watershed moment in Washington’s strategic planning with potential long-term implications for regional security.
Defence Minister Marise Payne said while terrorism would remain an enduring threat, and while rising powers such as China had every right to question the existing order, Australia shared strategic concerns being expressed in Washington.
“It is for the US to determine what is of concern in relation to its national security, but I would note that Australia shares similar concerns,’’ Senator Payne told The Weekend Australian.
Her comments come just a week after US Defence Secretary Jim Mattis released the 2018 National Defence Strategy, described by Australian strategic experts as one of the most significant documents to emerge from the Pentagon since the Cold War.
The strategy, written by Mr Mattis, named Russia and China as “revisionist powers’’ intent on shaping the world according to their “authoritarian’’ model.
Competition with these two countries would henceforth be the primary focus of Washington’s strategic planning, eclipsing the long fight against Islamic terrorism that began with the September 11 terrorist attacks more than 16 years ago.
“We are emerging from a period of strategic atrophy, aware that our competitive military advantage has been eroding,’’ Mr Mattis writes. “Inter-state strategic competition, not terrorism, is now the primary concern in US national security.’’ [end excerpt]
* "New Zealand hosts conventional weapons conference" (2018-02-13, xinhuanet.com) [archive.is/wrK6s]:
New Zealand is hosting 14 Pacific countries at the Pacific Conference on Conventional Weapons Treaties in Auckland from Feb. 12 to 14.
New Zealand's Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Foreign Affairs, Fletcher Tabuteau, formally welcomed delegates to the conference with a reception in Auckland.
"The conference provides an opportunity to reinforce the importance our region places on enhancing human security and protecting our peoples from harm," Tabuteau said in a statement.
It further reaffirms the role that the Pacific can play in protecting and strengthening global norms and in advancing the scope and span of humanitarian law, he said.
The conference is sponsored by the governments of Australia and New Zealand and is being attended by 12 other Pacific countries.
* "UK’s BAE Systems eyeing $2bn fighter jet deal with Malaysia; British weapons manufacturer BAE Systems says it has offered Malaysia a $2 billion financing deal backed by the UK government, in a bid to convince the Southeast Asian country to replace its ageing combat aircraft with British-made ones" (2018-02-13, presstv.ir) [archive.is/nlzEt], photo caption: A Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft built by UK weapons maker BAE Systems.
* "Cobra Gold: US-Thailand annual military drill kicks off" (2018-02-13, broadcast transcript, cgtn.com) [archive.is/UgHlR]: The joint US-Thailand annual military drills, known as Cobra Gold, began on Tuesday.The largest multi-nation military drills in the Asia-Pacific will take place for 10 days, with 30 countries taking part. Nine main countries including South Korea, Japan and China are taking part. China has been invited to take part since 2014.
* "Thailand, US hold joint military drills; Thailand and the United States have held an amphibious vehicle landing exercise, as part of the annual multi-nation military drill codenamed 'Cobra Gold' " newslead (2018-02-17, presstv.ir) [archive.is/otzR7]: More than 2000 soldiers from the US Marines and the Thai army participated in Saturday's exercise, along with 300 soldiers from South Korea. The Cobra Gold exercise is centered around Sattahip Royal Thai Marine Corps Base in Chonburi.
* "Russia eyeing contract with Turkey for next batch of S-400s: Informed source; Russia is considering signing a contract with Turkey to provide the NATO military alliance member with another batch of advanced S-400 missile defense systems, a government source has revealed" (2018-02-14, presstv.ir) [archive.is/tjS1F]
Articles reflecting the views of war planners
Weapons for a New World Order & the Militarization of Space
Northbay Uprising FM Radio News is broadcast courtesy of 89.5 FM-KZCT [OzcatRadio.com], tune-in online [is.gd/kJ1EUt]:
- The Stranger News, broadcast Thursdays, 5 to 5:30pm, featuring latest news on science, technology, space, and cutting-edge research on the mind, world history, and entheogenics!
- The Northbay UpRising Morningshow, broadcast Tuesdays, 7 to 9am, with local news, and topics on Peace, the Ecology, Do-It-Yourself ideas, and Communitarianism!
All materials not authored by members of the "The Northbay Uprising Media Collective" are ©, ® or ™ to their respective owners and authors, and are included in this database for evaluative purposes only, without commercial profit. For commercial use of the materials on this database, please contact the respective copyright owners of the materials. Copyright owners of materials on this page are not responsible for the contents of this database.
Instead of live links, this website primarily uses Archive.fo, which saves a text and a graphical copy of a web page with no active elements and no scripts, so they keep you safe as they cannot have any popups or malware! It timestamps the archived pages using UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) [worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx].
Please, donate to Archive.fo [liberapay.com/archiveis/donate]. Archive.fo uses Cloudflare, so users of VPN-based anonymous websurfing apps may have to set security off to avoid Captcha prompts. Because (.fo) domain might be blocked depending on the jurisdiction, you may have to download the “http everywhere” plugin into your browser [archive.fo/UcbcR]. How to use Archive.fo [archive.fo/z9eoZ], contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
List of other archive sites [web.archive.org] [peeep.us] [via.hypothes.is] [webcitation.org/archive] [webrecorder.io]